Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I was thinking about this show again today, and I was also disappointed with the fact that they did not bother taking Ali's story further either. What was the point of the mother finding her son again if the plot wasn't going anywhere after that? It was a very significant and sensitive subject they touched upon on the show, but I wish they had carried it further and given it a complete ending. I wasn't expecting Ali to completely recover, but seeing into the future would have been nice. Is Ali able to develop a comfortable relationship with Faiq? Is Faiq able to become a male role model for Ali?

Having said all that, I still do applaud the show for highlighting very important issues in society that are usually hushed out of fear of maligning one's reputation:

-Child rape/Gang rape
-Male prostitution
-AIDS/HIV+ patients

And more importantly society's reaction to all of the above.

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

However, the ending they gave us on the show was not any better either. All they did in the end was show that a girl in Pakistani society is dependent on her parents or her husband in all aspects of her life. I would have liked to see Nimrah leave Ayaz and become a strong, independent, and educated woman who overcomes her struggles in life and raises her daughter the same way. A girl who can stand up for her rights and stop blaming her fate for all the wrong that has come her way. Showing Nimrah divorce Ayaz would have shown her stay at her parent's house and increase all the pain they have suffered. So instead they show her stay with Ayaz and live an unhappy life. The message I got from this show was that a woman is always dependent on the mercy of her parent, her husband, or her child - and she sacrifices herself for them one after the other without ever living for herself. Although that is true in society, I do think they need to show that women are and can be more than that.

And I do agree, the last episode was rushed and poorly directed.
👏👏👏...true said...that is what the message was...that once a woman is raped, she cannot live a normal life...she caused "shame" to her family even though "she" was the victim of rape...not only that, she was raped everday by the society which made her re-live it rather then helping her cope with it...this is a mind set of pakistan, this drama could have tried to change the mind set by showing her as an independent woman (as you have said), yet once again they showed that a woman needs a man in her life even if it is one of her mujrims.
far78 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey.. am confused.. can someone tell me the story of this.. I had seen some episodes.. till mehndi . so does ayaz rape nimra????? or what is the secret there
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: far78

hey.. am confused.. can someone tell me the story of this.. I had seen some episodes.. till mehndi . so does ayaz rape nimra????? or what is the secret there

Nimmi was raped as a child and Ayaz was present when that incident took place. But he did not rape her. In fact he tried to stop the other boys. But being afraid and naive he ran away.
Years later he marries nimra as a way of forgiveness. He wanted to get rid of the burden of his sins. But nimra gets to know the truth about him and leaves him. But in the end comes back to him for their child's sake.
I hope this helps! :)
far78 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ameres

Nimmi was raped as a child and Ayaz was present when that incident took place. But he did not rape her. In fact he tried to stop the other boys. But being afraid and naive he ran away.
Years later he marries nimra as a way of forgiveness. He wanted to get rid of the burden of his sins. But nimra gets to know the truth about him and leaves him. But in the end comes back to him for their child's sake.
I hope this helps! :)

Thank you :)
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I was thinking about this show again today, and I was also disappointed with the fact that they did not bother taking Ali's story further either. What was the point of the mother finding her son again if the plot wasn't going anywhere after that? It was a very significant and sensitive subject they touched upon on the show, but I wish they had carried it further and given it a complete ending. I wasn't expecting Ali to completely recover, but seeing into the future would have been nice. Is Ali able to develop a comfortable relationship with Faiq? Is Faiq able to become a male role model for Ali?

Having said all that, I still do applaud the show for highlighting very important issues in society that are usually hushed out of fear of maligning one's reputation:

-Child rape/Gang rape
-Male prostitution
-AIDS/HIV+ patients

And more importantly society's reaction to all of the above.

This is exactly where I feel that the show failed. It had such excellent issues to highlight, the concept was something new to Pakistani TV, but all it did was show the "society's reaction". None of the issues recieved a proper closure. Ali's fate was left hanging, maybe even a glimpse of him enjoying his sister's wedding would have been good, but nothing was shown. I felt Ali's issue was dealt with rather poorly. Also, Ayaz and Nimmi did not sit down to have a conversation in private. Maybe they could have resolved some issues. Also, I never understood how Ayaz could be at ease with his life. With Nimmi continuing to behave as she was for the rest of her life, could Ayaz really be in peace that Nimmi has forgiven him?
I know the show has been over for weeks now but I am just so disappointed with the ending of what was one of my favourite dramas. Is there any possibility of a part 2?
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The ending wasn't very much justified. Maybe the happy ending would have diluted the issues they had raised with the show, hence they gave an ending that was neither happy nor sad..