Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Ameres, I share the same feelings as you. Roag had become one of my all-time fav dramas but I think it's just some prob with our Pakistani shows that I am never satisfied with the ending.

The whole show was done so well, Nimmi's suffering, Ayaz's repentance, the parents struggling to keep their respect in society, even the last episode was great until Nimmi became stubborn. I don't understand, she obviously hasn't truly forgiven him, as she can't be happy with him, then how could he feel as if a burden was off his chest? And wasn't Nimmi at fault in the end? Afterall, he wasn't technically one of those guys, plus he had repented, and he loved her. Acc to me, Nimmi was being too harsh on him... Such a marriage won't last long if they fast-forwarded a few years.

Paki shows try to be 'too real' and show that in real life, everything's not perfect at the end... They do forget though that we watch dramas as relief from our daily lives, we would like a little bit of fantasy in it.
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Elle-- Couldn't agree more. Everything was going well until Nimmi decided not to be happy. I mean like you said Ayaz wasn't really her culprit. And he did repent over what he did and truly loved her in the end so why not give life a second chance? Whats the point in locking up and suffering?
I agree such marriage cant last long. And I feel worst for the little kid. What future does he have with parents who never seem to be happy?

@Too-real- Agreed. The realistic touch is good but sometimes they tend to over do it. But there are few which do a good job of bhagaoing the stress away. Lol.
True waise dramas are an escape from mundane life chores and tensions. A little dose of entertainment wont hurt.
If I want to get in touch with the depressing reality I would simply turn to news channel. :|
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
is it me or was the direction of the last episode not as good as the rest of the serial???...like the scene in which sameera tells her mom about ayaz and she slaps her...it was so fake...plus the humera scene, it was lacking something...she needed more than what was said...i think it could have been better...the director did an amazing job throughout the serial...i didnt like the last episodes direction...seems like it was wrapped up in a hurry.
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: unhappyviewer

is it me or was the direction of the last episode not as good as the rest of the serial???...like the scene in which sameera tells her mom about ayaz and she slaps her...it was so fake...plus the humera scene, it was lacking something...she needed more than what was said...i think it could have been better...the director did an amazing job throughout the serial...i didnt like the last episodes direction...seems like it was wrapped up in a hurry.

Cant comment on the direction as whole but yeah that scene where mother slaps Sameera looked out of place and forced. True it all seemed to be done in a hurry. Also Nimmi being pregnant came as a shocker. I mean it was so sudden that looked weird. 😕
They should have stretched the epi to two hours but at least done justice to the end.
Warda. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very Well summed up by all...The show ended abruptly as if they just wanted to get rid of it asap...moreover there were a lot of forced scenes which were not required...and the ending where they showed nimmi so lifeless was enough to spoil my mood...
The ending just spoiled the whole essence of the show...why did they show nimmi living a fake life...double standards!!
If she could not forgive Ayaaz she should not have come back to him at first place ...the ending was below my expectations :-(
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Warda.

Very Well summed up by all...The show ended abruptly as if they just wanted to get rid of it asap...moreover there were a lot of forced scenes which were not required...and the ending where they showed nimmi so lifeless was enough to spoil my mood...

The ending just spoiled the whole essence of the show...why did they show nimmi living a fake life...double standards!!
If she could not forgive Ayaaz she should not have come back to him at first place ...the ending was below my expectations :-(

Couldn't agree more, the end really did spoil the show. I wonder what msg they were trying to give? That a victim like Nimmi will never be able to live a happy life? That even after having a kid and a loving husband, who has atoned for his mistakes and truly loves her, she will never be able to forgive him?
Plus they never showed what happened with the other girl's brother (sorry I've forgotten both their names)... No significant improvement was shown, nothing that showed him getting over his issues.
What started out as a show with a good social msg was reduced to being a big nothing in the end... from what I understood, the moral of the story was that if you're a victim of sexual abuse, you're pretty much doomed forever, with no hope of a better life ever.
Warda. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: elle45

Couldn't agree more, the end really did spoil the show. I wonder what msg they were trying to give? That a victim like Nimmi will never be able to live a happy life? That even after having a kid and a loving husband, who has atoned for his mistakes and truly loves her, she will never be able to forgive him?
Excatly...add to that nimmi was shown as a very pious girl then how could she be so cruel by not forgiving her own husband...
Plus they never showed what happened with the other girl's brother (sorry I've forgotten both their names)... No significant improvement was shown, nothing that showed him getting over his issues.
What started out as a show with a good social msg was reduced to being a big nothing in the end... from what I understood, the moral of the story was that if you're a victim of sexual abuse, you're pretty much doomed forever, with no hope of a better life ever.
BAng On...they could have shown it ending on a positive note...people like nimmra and ayaz who were suffering from self pity and guilt deserved their share of happiness...i was so sure that baber javed[the director of the show ] would handle the end in a much better way...but ...Sigh!!

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I totally agree with warda, elle45 and ameres...its like the message was once u have been raped, u have no right to life anymore...they could have given a positive message by showing that she completes her studies and becomes a confident person and she helps other rape victims...i dont understand why she had to be sad in the end, as if her whole life wasnt sad enough....as someone said, they could have FF some 10 years and show her happy and content with ayaz...gosh these guys just dont know how to end a good script.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Once the plot in Roag jumps a couple of years, it wasn't difficult at all to guess what twists and turns the rest of the storyline will take. Faisal Qureshi's presence on the show was a clear indication of what character/role he would be playing in Nimrah's life. However, what kept me hooked was that I could not figure out the ending. I knew that Nimrah and Ayaz would end up married, but what would happen after that was a mystery. The storyline could have gone a number of ways:

1) Ayaz keeps Nimrah happy and learns to love her while hiding this dark secret inside for the rest of their lives. (Highly unlikely)
2. Nimrah's parents find out about Ayaz's secret, but do not share with their daughter seeing how happy she is with Ayaz.
3. Nimrah leaves Ayaz after finding out the truth and becomes an independent woman in society.
4. Nimrah and Ayaz have a happy ending after Nimrah forgives him.
5. And lastly - the ending the show actually gave us.

In my opinion, the perfect happy ending was neither realistic nor plausible for this show. This girl is gang raped at a young age and traumatized by this mishap for the rest of her life. Her family does nothing to help her forget this event, and wherever she goes, she has to bear all the suffering that the society unleashes upon her. She watches her family members hurt and suffer because of what happened to her, and no one in her family is truly happy. You can't come out of an event like this in your life no matter how hard you try. Her only hope is this marriage (from which she has no expectations initially), and she realizes that maybe there is some happiness in store for her. But she soon realizes that this man is not being kind to her because he loves her but because he pities her (and she realizes this even before she knows of his true identity). If this was any other person rather than her culprit, I think it would have been possible for her to overcome the feeling that she is not good enough for him and for them both to forget the past and love each other for who they are.

But once she realizes that the man she is married to is partly responsible for all the pain she has suffered all throughout her life, I don't think she can ever overcome that. I'm not saying Nimrah could not have forgiven Ayaz - she could and perhaps to some extent she did, but she did not do it out of love. To expect a happy ending here is disturbing to me - how can a girl fall in love with someone who was involved in her rape? As crude as it sounds, if they had showed that ending, it would have given a completely wrong and uncomfortable message.

However, the ending they gave us on the show was not any better either. All they did in the end was show that a girl in Pakistani society is dependent on her parents or her husband in all aspects of her life. I would have liked to see Nimrah leave Ayaz and become a strong, independent, and educated woman who overcomes her struggles in life and raises her daughter the same way. A girl who can stand up for her rights and stop blaming her fate for all the wrong that has come her way. Showing Nimrah divorce Ayaz would have shown her stay at her parent's house and increase all the pain they have suffered. So instead they show her stay with Ayaz and live an unhappy life. The message I got from this show was that a woman is always dependent on the mercy of her parent, her husband, or her child - and she sacrifices herself for them one after the other without ever living for herself. Although that is true in society, I do think they need to show that women are and can be more than that.

And I do agree, the last episode was rushed and poorly directed.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: unhappyviewer

yes agreed...humera needs to hear that...but what the rapist did was never ever her fault...she was a catalyst, but she never forced anyone to rape her sister...that was the act of 3 cowardly boys...who forced themselves on a helpless child...do we punish a child for the sins of the father...NO...so whatever flirting humera did, did not give the right to those boys to punish her sister...that was just pure evil...nobody deserves to be raped...certainly not to teach a lesson to someone else.

however...humera was the worst sister anyone can have...i have no sympathies for her...she can be blamed for being a bad human being but she cannot be blamed for the rape...the boys were old enough to know right from wrong...no one held a gun to their heads...everyone will be accountable for their own deeds on the day of judgement...no excuses.

I don't think Ayaz was blaming Humera for everything that happened. What he was really doing was helping her realize that somewhere along the line, Humera was partly responsible for what happened to Nimrah, and instead of blaming Nimrah for her own (Humera's) fate, she should realize that everything that happened in her life was a direct result of who she is and what she did in her immaturity (losing her fiance, being married off to an older man, and being unhappy with her life in general). I think this scene was crucial to the whole show because it shows that little things that we do when we're young thinking it's all fun and games isn't always just that. All actions have consequences - having said that Humaira's antics in no way allow or approve of the fact what was done to Nimmi. That was a wrong, terrible thing what those boys did, but again, making Humaira realize that she was a part of it was also important.