rat718 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi you all, thanks for all the winsome responses. You guys are probably effete of this subject, and want it to end . I agree. I promise you all this will my last response in regards to this subject.

1. To answer the question that I should cede in using regular/easy english(which is subjective to every person!).This is my day to day writing style. I do not think this writing belongs in an english calss. I feel this is appropriate to any reader. Actually it takes me longer to do what I am doing right now (simple english?). I do not write in simple english, and then use the theasarus to put words in. Unfortunetly I call that flaunting which I do not so.

2. Can I or do I want to change my style? NO! That would torpid my writing skills, and thinking process which I do not have time to do. Therefore let us be considerate to others. As the great writer Roux says "A joke is one that is done on to oneself, and not at the cost of others". I am NOT upset. I am calm not didatic, but requesting everyone to be sensitive, chary, and most important of all use discretion when posting comments regarding others. This will take you a long way in life. END😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hey,I don't think you need to change your style.You have been doing just fine so far.And if we have any problem,we will ask you.Simple.😊

In fact now we also know whom to turn to for help if we ever get stuck,at least on the language front............😊

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Rat,

Then why did you take it so seriously and literally when I asked you "stop swearing" - why did you not recognise that I was just kidding?

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I think it was a small misunderstanding and rat,your language is fine,in fact beautiful so please do not stop using your natural style because we can only learn from it.

I'm sure innocentindian too did not mean to offend and she just jested with you.

Let's carry on posting our opinion as we have been doing for such a long time now. This is like a family and we are all proud to have such intelligent and cognizant members with us.

rat718 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Innocentindian, I had promised myself, and others on the forum that I would not persue this subject further. However, I decided to tell you that what may be "kidding" for you may not be for others. Therefore, as I have stated previously let us be "sensitive, chary, and most important of all use discretion when posting comments regarding others". I would prefer not to have further discussion regarding this issue any more. Thanks
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

ok guys and gals - 2 points

RAT: sure - no hard feelings? lets move on now...

MINNIE: innocentindian ain't a she - he's a he..... lol ....but again no hard feelings and lets move on ...

all in good fun