Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

271043 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
SPANISH PRIMERA DIVISIN - TOP 5

1 REAL BETIS
Newly promoted Real Betis suffered their first defeat, going down 1-0 away to Getafe on Monday but stay on top of La Liga.Their next fixture at home to Levante (positioned third - see below) isn't going to be any easier.

2 BARCELONA
Barcelona thrashed Ath. Madrid 5-0. It was a confident performance from Barcelona but they need to up their game when playing away from Camp Nou. Barcelona's next fixture is away to lowly Sporting Gijon.

3 LEVANTE
Surprise package of the season? Definitely .. but we have to wait and see how far their defensive tactics take them.

4 SEVILLA
Outplayed Valencia from the first whistle but it turned ugly with Sevilla getting two red cards and F. Navarro and E. Spahic (Sevilla) trapping A. Aduriz (Valencia) into getting a red card. E. Banega (Valencia) missed a penalty but overall Sevilla deserved the win. Side note - Valencia did rest some key players for the match against Chelsea. This weekend Sevilla will take on Ath. Madrid .. can Sevilla keep their unbeaten record intact?

5 REAL MADRID
Rayo was the better side early on, but Real Madrid proved their quality as the game progressed and Di Maria being sent off didn't affect their performance. Well deserved victory after the two not-so-good performances. Next fixture is against Espanyol (away) ..
Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 13 years ago
shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^^ with them to back Utd shud be back to their winning ways
shona. thumbnail
at the end of the day a win is a win but then theres something abt winning 8-2 rather than 2-0 lol
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
The injury list is getting longer for Barcelona. Cesc and Iniesta are out. Puyol had recovered and returned but he had a minor problem the other day so they are keeping him on the bench. Pique is on a similar boat. Abidal is also out. Afellay is getting his surgery tomorrow. Hopefully the next 6 months go fast for him. Mascherano gave us a scare today, hope it's nothing big though.

Barca definitely had a hard time finding the net against Sporting Gijon, they were very good with defending. Although we only won by one, we finally reached #1. Hopefully we can keep it, the international games take a huge toll on us.

shona. thumbnail
^dont think anyone thought they wud get such a start to the season
the 8-2 was quite something
hey anyone know who Utd playing next?

Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
LOL you're a Man U fan and you're asking who they're playing next?!

They're playing Liverpool on October 15th.

shona. thumbnail
lol yup i've forgotten who they were playing next
thx for telling me its liverpool
shud be a gud game...
its still 10 days away...euro qualifiers on this weekend i guess

shona. thumbnail
^i wish that happens though im not gonna bet on it...liverpool have SG bak n seem to be having a better season than the last..shud be a cracker of a game n hopefully another Utd win

lol i have a lecturer who is a non-Utd fan...hates them yet doesnt fail to bring them up in examples during lectures...dunno wat these ppl have against Utd

shona. thumbnail
if shoib aktar sed any such thing abt Virat i wud still be as angry as i was wen he sed that sachin was not a match-winner...

haha as for the LOL'es well i laugh alot n hav a habit of typing lol as well

Edited by shona. - 13 years ago
shona. thumbnail
^yup...
u also think he'll be dhoni's successor
btw this is football discussion thread...we shud go bak to discussing football