Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
I think Guardiola will experiment with Barca's formations a lot in the future. A lot of people assume the reason he is not after defenders is because he wants to turn the whole pitch into midfield. It makes sense too. As scary as it sounds It also sounds freaking brilliant.
shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
its a good idea...watever that guy is doing its all freaking working for Barca, they are such a strong team

carling cup matches today, Utd,Arsenal n Spurs all in action

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
So far La liga is turning out to be different than what people assumed. Madrid drew with 0 goals today, I believe they are now down to 7. Barca on the other hand drew with Valencia with 2 goals. Valencia played really well. I hope they keep it up, of course I want Barca to win the league, but I don't mind seeing Valencia at #1 for now. Barca definitely had a harder time today. If it wasn't for Messi's amazing assist and Cesc's goal Barca probably would've lost. The Abidal's own goal against Barca was horrible. Bleh

I am absolutely loving the Messi Cesc's partnership. It's such a treat to watch. They have this amazing connection. As for Cesc, for 3 seasons I thought we were chasing Cesc because Xavi needed to to prepare his "heir for the throne", but this is a total different story. He is scoring at every single game. This false 9 position is really working out for him.

Edited by Perfangel5655 - 13 years ago
shona. thumbnail
love the cesc-messi team...they used u play together for barca as teens n now after all these yrs they're playing together agen
cesc is having a fantastic season at barca n hope it carries all the way through

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Definitely. I love the whole 87 generation. Cesc, Pique and Messi. They wrecked havoc back then and they can do it once again. Messi and Cesc have an amazing understanding. They think alike and they see things the exact same way when on the pitch. It makes sense considering they were trained together as little boys, in the exact same way. But it also helps to know that Cesc has never stopped following Messi even when he was away. So he knows exactly the way the man plays. It's only an added bonus that they are such great friends, and they selflessly pass to one another while on the pitch creating so many assists and goals.

I think one of the things people overlook is Tito Villanova, Barca's assistant coach. He used to coach them when they were younger so he knows these 2 quite well. He is the reason Cesc is playing as a false nine at the moment. He told Guardiola that even though Cesc was always a #4 he always played a more attacking role naturally, and he always arrives at the box in the right time. I thought Guardiola was trying out Cesc in a new role but according to him, he is simply returning him to his natural role.

Edited by Perfangel5655 - 13 years ago
shona. thumbnail
good comeback match for Hargreaves yday after a series of freak injuries
271043 thumbnail
some thoughts...

Betis (1)
fans are awesome .. and deserve every bit of success!
Valencia (2) vs Barcelona (4) .. hosts awesome in the first half then lost out to G's tactical changes in the second half ( 3-4-3 --> 4-3-3 --> 3-4-3).
Malaga (3) - seems shaky .. but Santi's a fantastic signing!
Real Madrid (7) - SHOCKING .. going 2 consec. games without winning / and scoring!
Athletico Madrid (8) - Forlan who? Aguero who? Falcao's doing wonders .. Turan looks good too.
Levante (6) - looking good and deserve to be above Madrid after that contro. win.
Sevilla (5) - hmm... not sure but we'll find out when they host Valencia in the next round!

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 13 years ago
DEEENCH thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
arsenal started winning games again which is gud..

shona. thumbnail
yup arsenal hav started winning their games agen wich is good for their fans
shame Utd didnt win 2day though

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Well At least they didn't lose, although it feels like one because it's ManU