rat718 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi all Just wanted to post a explanation as to what is swearing and what good english is, since I received a comment that there was swearing involved in the below posting I did on 2/21/2005. The meaning about some of these words are as follows:

Fatuous :foolish ; Querulous : complaining;insouciant : indifferent Sophomoric : immature; Tawdry: cheap; Rancor : strong dislike; inscrutable: obscure/mysterious;Efforentary : insolence

The below paragraph when translated into simple english (or english that some people can only understand) is as follows:

ORIGINAL POSTING Feb/21/2005:

"Well I see your point here. However, after watching several of these fatuous serials I have decided it does not help to be querulous, but just be insouciant. The inscrutable characters which these effrontery directors try to project are usally sophomoric😊. Trying to comment on the scenerio, and the tawdry characters which involves thinking leads to nothing but rancor, and frustration".

TRANSLATED POSTING Feb/22/2005:

"Well I see your point here. However, after watching several of these foolish serials, I have decided it does not help to be questioning, but just indifferent. The obscure characters which are projected by these insolent directors are usally immature.Trying to comment on the scenerio, and the cheap characters which involves thinking leads nothing but dislike, and frustration"πŸ˜ƒ.

I do not see any swearing words in it. Any news critic article in Time magazine, Wall Street Journal, looks like the above. The person who was commenting on this posting hopefullly realises this. I would also like to call the mederators verbiage on this.

I would like to tell every one that these are no swearing words, but these are very high vocabulary words. These are words you usally find in very high level reading books. Some of these are GRE (exam needed for graduate study in universities abroad, and beleive me they do not accept swearing words!πŸ˜ƒ) words. So before we post any comment, and make someone culpable, let us try NOT to be a recondite. Let us not look fatuous, in trying to blame others of the deed they did not do. Let us always remember that when we try to point one finger at others, there are three pointing at you right back. I am not upset at the comment, but just thought a little teaching would do good. 😊 I consider myself as a highly matured, and highly educated individual, and swearing is not something I do or encourge !
PS: If you do not get the meaning of the above words(highlighted ones)please refer to a dictionary.πŸ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RS87 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
haha nice one rat...very commendable...u have excellent vocab.... now if only i cld write my essys lik that.....πŸ˜†
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
rat, cool down. You have given a great explanation. Hats off to you. I request you to be calm.
RikNik thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

hi rat -- your command over the English language is amazing -- keep it up.

your sensibilities sure were offended -- hey guys -- i suggest we appreciate and learn from rat instead of attacking him due to our ignorance / week vocabulary.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
so sweet rat!!! he he he!!! I am actually reaching out for a dictionary after a loooong timeπŸ˜†
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Lol rat!

I was the one that made the scrutiny vis--vis profanities.

I think what you have written is astonishingly quaint and hilarious.

It is so on 2 issues;

1) You took my statement exceedingly earnestly. What I anticipated was almost ALL of us do not comprehend what you have written, although the gist would be ostensible to the majority. So, instead of using the enormously arduous prose which is entirely out of place here, why not just use the unpretentious rendering like you've deciphered above?

2) The exertion you essentially went to furnish the above elucidation. For someone who seems to have such a superior directive of English, I am flabbergasted you procured my comment so acutely and even wanted to incorporate the moderators into this affair. That is startling and consequently I am prone to assume that perchance you just composed it out in effortless English and then used the thesaurus facility in WORD. At least, that's what I've done.

Now, before you really blow your top rat (again, I am not speaking (or writing) this literally), my previous sardonic comment has resulted in this slightly scornful repertoire. This time, please keep your cool, as that is all it is – a bit of fun.

With many thanks….

Now, the above was for the sole benfit of rat – for the rest of us commoners, please have read the one below. I created the version below to then translate to the above version for the benefit of rat (I wonder why he's called that).

Lol rat!

I was the one that made the comment about swearing.

I think what you have written is incredibly funny.

It is funny on 2 counts;

1) You took my comment seriously. What I meant was almost ALL of us do not understand what you have written, although the gist would be apparent to most of us. So, instead of using the extremely difficult words which are totally out of place here, why not just use the simple version like you've translated above?

2) The effort you actually went to to give the above explanation. For someone who seems to have such a good command of English, I am surprised you took my comment so seriously and even want to include the moderators in this matter. That is surprising and therefore I am inclined to think that perhaps you just wrote it out in simple English and then used the thesaurus facility in WORD. At least, that's what I've done.

Now, before you really blow your top rat (again, I am not speaking (or writing) this literally), my previous jestful comment has resulted in this jestful comment, this time please keep your cool, as that is all it is – a bit of fun.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

OMG!!!!! I will die laughing!!!!!!πŸ˜†(gasp)πŸ˜†

This thread HAS to get my vote for being the most funniest thread ever!!!!!!!!πŸ˜†

Gawd!!!

Thesarus in WORD!!!! OMG!!!!πŸ˜†

Fantastic!! Dare I say - please no more.......

Or else I'll nees Mystica to traslate it for me!! I thought I was reading shakespeare turned hep............πŸ˜†

bubbles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

this is sooooo funny! aleeza, i think most people do their studies in english these days,lol.

i must say, if i had your vocab rat, i would have ended up with a phd in english- english was my worst subject!

just like to know, what are you studying rat?-i would like to ask the same question to aleeza.