Ramayan Forum Banner Contest #3: NEW!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Since our Ramayan Forum has been re-opened after so long, I say it's time we had a new banner.😃 Since the show is concentrating on Bal Kand right now, we will make it Bal Kand-centered.
Please upload the banners via (or any other website other than tinypic):
https://imageshack.us/
www.min.us
The Banner must to be 728 * 90 (Pixels).

You can Submit upto 5 Banners maximum. The banner(s) must be non-animated.

The Banner must contain pictures from the Bal Kand of Ramayan, which begins from the birth of Lord Ram and ends with his marriage (right before Dashrath decides to crown him King - that begins Ayodhya Kand).
The text for the Banner must be Ramayan...you can also add other small quotes if you wish, but please make sure that the forum's title sticks out.
The banner must contain the following characters:
Ram
Sita
Bharat, Lakshman, and Shatrughan
Dashrath and the 3 Rajmatas
Hanuman
Ravan
Rishi Valmiki
Luv and Kush
It is required for the banner to show all SEVEN Kandas of Ramayan (Bal Kand, Ayodhya Kand, Aranya Kand, Kishkindha Kand, Sundara Kand, Yudh Kand, and Uttar Kand), so it is up to you which pics you choose from the various Kandas in Ramayan, as long as at least one pic is shown from each.
Please Do Not write your name/signature on the banner, because the voting must be done anonymously. Once the winning banner is selected, the winner will be notified and then he/she can add their signature.
Make Sure the Banner does not Contain any offensive or Sexual Content or else the Banner will be disqualified immediately.
Please PM banners to RamayanForum, because it will be easier to manage all the entries. Here's the link.
Deadline: July 10, 2011 (Date will be extended if needed.)
To learn how to make a banner, see
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

This post is reserved for pics of the characters, to help those members who would like the participate but have never watched the show:

Lakshmi and Vishnu
Bal Kand
Ayodhya Kand
A still of Ram, Laksman and Sita
Gurmeet Choudhary
Aranya Kand
Angry man Ravan
Kishkindha Kand
Ramayan
Sundara Kand
Yudh Kand
Hanuman
Hanuman
Gurmeet Choudhary
Kumbhkaran sleeping
Rakesh Deewana
Gurmeet Choudhary
Ravan
Gurmeet Choudhary
Akhilendra Mishra
Sita
Sita
Gurmeet Choudhary
Ankit Arora
Ram
Vijay Bhatia
A still of Ramayan
Uttar Kand
Ram and Sita
Ram and Sita
Sita
Lav and Khush with Sita
Luv and Khush
A still of Ramayan
A still of Ramayan
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thanks di..:)

di u can include names of "mata Arundhati (wife of rishi vishwamitra)", "rishi shatanand", "Parshuram ji", "shiva" in the list. 😊
Edited by akki-rockstar - 13 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think UMS should be compulsory - and remember, they showed both their kiddo and adult versions. From the above list, I think it's okay not to show Gurmeet, Debina, Ankit and others, since they'll be surfacing later anyway. So I'd like to see Dasharath, Kaushalya, Kaikeyi, Sumitra, Janak, Sunaina, and optionally Kushadhwaj and his wife. Show the kiddo RLBS and SUMS. Oh, and Vashistha & Vishy-meister as well!
In fact, the first banner that this forum had was good, and could be used for this purpose. By now, w/ Rama's exile coming up, it's a bit late to put a Balkand banner up: what they are showing now is no longer Balkand. Balkand ended w/ Rama's marriage - everything after that until the point Bharat puts Rama's padukas on the throne is Ayodhya-kand. Has Imagine still been billing what's being shown now as Balkand? If so, it's badly off target!
So how about doing a banner that has all the different stages - lets say the swayamvar @ the center, on the left part of the banner, Rama's exile, Bharat vs Kaikeyi, Dasharath w/ Kaushalya & Sumitra & Urmila, etc, and on the right, Rama's war w/ Ravan (including Kumbhakarna & Indrajit) as well as the Sita going under and Rama's mahaprayan @ the end? That way, capture the entire story?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

I think UMS should be compulsory - and remember, they showed both their kiddo and adult versions. From the above list, I think it's okay not to show Gurmeet, Debina, Ankit and others, since they'll be surfacing later anyway. So I'd like to see Dasharath, Kaushalya, Kaikeyi, Sumitra, Janak, Sunaina, and optionally Kushadhwaj and his wife. Show the kiddo RLBS and SUMS. Oh, and Vashistha & Vishy-meister as well!

In fact, the first banner that this forum had was good, and could be used for this purpose. By now, w/ Rama's exile coming up, it's a bit late to put a Balkand banner up: what they are showing now is no longer Balkand. Balkand ended w/ Rama's marriage - everything after that until the point Bharat puts Rama's padukas on the throne is Ayodhya-kand. Has Imagine still been billing what's being shown now as Balkand? If so, it's badly off target!
So how about doing a banner that has all the different stages - lets say the swayamvar @ the center, on the left part of the banner, Rama's exile, Bharat vs Kaikeyi, Dasharath w/ Kaushalya & Sumitra & Urmila, etc, and on the right, Rama's war w/ Ravan (including Kumbhakarna & Indrajit) as well as the Sita going under and Rama's mahaprayan @ the end? That way, capture the entire story?

Which part is the serial on right now? Is Ram and Sita's marriage over? Did Dashrath decide to crown Ram King yet?
If so, I like your idea of capturing the entire story on the banner. It might be a bit tough, but I think people can do it.
The first banner that was uploaded for this forum was from tinypic, so it's lost now.😔 Or else I'd have asked the mods to upload that again.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I edited the characters and requirements list...how does it look now?
Vr15h thumbnail
On Thursday, they showed Manthara instigating Kaikeyi to ask for those 2 boons, and ended w/ Kaikeyi in her black sari in the khop bhavan(?)
This is in Ayodhyakand, not Balkand!
As for your edited list, looks good.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

On Thursday, they showed Manthara instigating Kaikeyi to ask for those 2 boons, and ended w/ Kaikeyi in her black sari in the khop bhavan(?)

This is in Ayodhyakand, not Balkand!
As for your edited list, looks good.

Oh, they're already at this part? The show is sure moving fast.😲
And yeah, Kaikeyi's boons are an integral part of Ayodhya Kand, they should take out the Bal Kand song and put in the original 'Adbhut Hai Mahima' one so as not to mislead the audience who don't know Ramayan.
Vr15h thumbnail
But these clowns are still billing it as Balkand 🤔

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Oh, they're already at this part? The show is sure moving fast.😲
And yeah, Kaikeyi's boons are an integral part of Ayodhya Kand, they should take out the Bal Kand song and put in the original 'Adbhut Hai Mahima' one so as not to mislead the audience who don't know Ramayan.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
NDTV Imagine itself probably does not know the difference between the Kandas, I wouldn't put it past them to show the whole show as just Bal Kand.😆