A R Rahman bought 'Slumdog' Oscars: Ismail Darbar

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

A R Rahman bought 'Slumdog' Oscars: Ismail Darbar

Bollywood composer Ismail Darbar says Rahman's 'Slumdog Millionaire' score didn't deserve Oscar.
By ApunKaChoice
Tue, May 31, 2011 13:49:25 GMT

Back in 2009, when Indian composer A R Rahman won two Oscars on the same night, we were a proud lot. Now, Bollywood composer Ismail Darbar is taking the credit away from Rahman by accusing him of buying the Oscars. 

It's a claim that we'll take with a pinch of salt, but at a press conference in Nagpur recently, Ismail Darbar went on to say that A R Rahman did not deserve the Oscars for his score in Slumdog Millionaire

Darbar feels that Slumdog is not Rahman's best work, and certainly not of the standard that would merit the best award on the globe. In fact, Darbar has gone on to claim to a tabloid that the Oscar winning song "Jai Ho!" is not Rahman's composition but has been stolen by him. 

In response Rahman, who likes to keep a low profile, has politely denied having bought the Oscars.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Oh hell, lmfao! If he wants publicity, he needs to make use of other resources. AR Rahman being the big guy will obviously just give a royal ignore to such loonies who are done with their fifteen minutes of fame.
Sunshine75 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
what a loser this Darbar guy is!! 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Ismail Darbar

Ismail Darbar in trouble...

ASHWINI DESHMUKH AND BHARATI DUBEY, MUMBAI MIRROR, Mar 23, 2009, 11.16am IST

Rumours insist that Poonam Yadav attempted suicide over an aborted affair with music director Ismail Darbar, he denies it vehemently

News about Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007 contestant Poonam Yadav's attempt to commit suicide on Saturday afternoon has left many shocked. Several rumours have been doing rounds since the unfortunate incident. Poonam's mother immediately rushed her to a Government hospital in Lucknow and by Saturday evening she was shifted to another hospital with better facilities as her condition was critical and she hadn't regained consciousness. At the time of going to press, Poonam was out of danger but she still hasn't given her statement to the police.

Edited by Glee - 12 years ago
Sunshine75 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Poonam Yadav attempts suicide after being pregnant by Ismail Darbar€

The famed musician of Bollywood industry Ismail Drabar and the Sa Re Ga Ma contestant Poonam Yadav€™s affair€™s story has been making big rounds in the media since long. And now the story of Poonam Yadav€™s attempting suicide after her abortion has also been making big headlines all over the media for some days. The tragic incident has set many tongues wagging with many blaming the music composer. Ismail Drabar was the mentor of Poonam and it is said that both shared a close relationship. The story got published in a leading tabloid of Mumbai, which shocked the country and the Bollywood fans spread every corner of the world.

Ismail denied the rumours and all the allegations on him. He said, €œControversies have always been my middle name. But when it comes on your izzat, you cannot sit quietly and take things lying down.€

The tabloid accused him of being responsible for her abortion and then her attempt of suicide.

Poonam was taken to the hospital a few days back where it was confirmed that she swallowed the extra sleeping pills to commit a suicide.

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
What's the matter Darbar, sour about not winning such international recognition for Devdas?

Team Rahman!

Originally posted by: desigal90

What's the matter Darbar, sour about not winning such international recognition for Devdas?

Team Rahman!

I doubt there is anyone in the team Darbar😉...I am sure his own family members must be embarrassed of him for this stupidity...😆
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ah some people take their jealousy to a whole new level.
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OH MY GOD.
I had no idea that he impregnated Poonam Yadav!

ISFDFDFDf what in the world -______-

this dude's got NOTHING on ARR
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Where does ID get off accusing AR Rahman...first he should strive to be as good as a music composer and human being as AR Rahman...plus I agree ID is a total loony and I can believe this Poonam thing too...anyone remember how he was eying Sherlyn Chopra in Big Boss?!