Soul curry with Tisca Chopra- MUST read:)

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
"I don't feel helpless anymore"

There are times in all our lives, when we desire the need for divine intervention; times, when life refuses to acknowledge the seemingly obvious and decides to take refuge in a world that is far away from ours. A world that gives the body and mind the spiritual healing that it yearns for. We, at Telly Chakkar.com decided to delve deeper into the lives of our favourite stars and know a little about their lives beyond the obvious.

Tisca Chopra turned into a satisfied and happier soul ever since she got into Buddhism eight years ago. The elegant lady, who is related to literateur Khushwant Singh gets into a somber mood while talking to us about her association with Buddhism, post which life took a U turn for her. Tisca started her career with some forgettable films and then got into plays, but not long ago got back to television with Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and is now seen in Zee's Sarrkkar as Urvashi.

Kavita Shyam talks to Tisca about her beliefs.

"I believe in human beings"
I don't believe in God but I believe that each human being has something good to offer and I get satisfaction out of others' happiness. I don't believe in a particular God as such.

"I had a lot of questions which were unanswered"
I was feeling helpless at one point in my life and did not know which way to turn. I was not getting what I thought I deserved. I felt very lonely even in a crowd and I don't know if it was to do with me staying away from my family. A family friend of ours (Asha) came into my life at the right time, eight years ago and guided me into the right direction by introducing me to Buddhism. She has been a great source of inspiration in my life. Also Dr Daisaku Ikada who lives in Japan is my Guru.

"Buddhism is a way of life for me now"
I chant every day and Buddhism has changed my life manifold. I can safely say I have a great life now and feel empowered. I truly believe in good actions and thoughts. I believe in the cause and effect theory as it decides our destiny. Being compassionate is another thing that I have learnt from Buddhism. My health has improved and I have learnt to be kind and patient, besides my relations have deepened and most importantly, I have stopped feeling helpless.

"I have taught Buddhism to many people I know and happy to see their lives moving"
My husband is also into Buddhism and we both practise it religiously. I got my close friends and colleagues into practicing the same. Shweta Kawatra, Manav Gohil and Vinay Jain are a few of my colleagues whom I have introduced to

Buddhism and it gives me immense satisfaction in seeing them happy with their lives.

"I have been on a pilgrimage but my mannat did not come true"
I don't fast except for dieting purposes and I had been to Vaishno Devi where I walked up to the temple barefoot, but my mannat did not come true.

"I am a philosophical person and write a lot"
I am a philosophical person as I try to think and get deeper meanings to all my actions and thoughts. I write about anything and everything which catches my fancy. I maintain a diary and put my thoughts to paper as and when I can. I write short stories, opinions and am looking for an outlet wherein I can start putting out my writings.

Posted on 5 January 2006 5:45 pm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Jalal-4ever~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wat a nice article 😊 thanx for posting sukhi... very inspiring.
kd286 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
oh wow..........its really amazing......thank u sukhi
moksh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
quiet unusual!!!
thanx 4 posting 😃
dancer150 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
WOW.... that's all i can so
OH BUY I CAN SAY THIS
Thanx
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Waise how many of you like Tisca's smile?
Awww..I feel it's just so warm and endearing..thanks all of you for reading and appreciating this nice lady:)
moksh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
she seems to b an honest n a straight forward person...
she's got a million dollars smile!!! 😃
sangitadas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
She seems to be a good person.
kbakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
she seems to be a good person. She looks innocent and sincere. thanks for the article.
RikNik thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
infact, there is a slight "masti" in her eyes -- which sets her apart from the other run-of-the-mill actors / stars!