chanakya thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I have been saying for months now, that this serial is stupid. No one wants to hear this. Even the moderator prevents critical posting of this show on the board.

The sentiment is if you do not get caught up in this small children story, do not say anything. I feel this is the way to tell the producer to improve their product.

There are many people who feels, that this is just a circus.

It would be appropriate now that Simran & Co consult Ajemeribapa, Piere Sahib, Chamundabapa and the likes. One benefit would be to increase social awareness against black magic.

After black magic they should bring Aastha as as a grown up terrorist.

Everything goes up here. Reminds me of telling my nephew stories when they were 3-4 years old.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Chanakya,it's my request that please get your facts straight.We have never ever stopped anyone from posting anything that is against the serial,EVER!!.What we have done is to put a curb on the use of foul language to put one's point across.

Everyone has their own point of view and what we definitely do not like is to project and promote regressive thinking and improper language.

It's your point of view that Astitva is bad.Fine.But just as I don't expect you to start saying that it good because I say so,similarly you cannot expect anyone to start saying it is bad because you say so.

If you feel the serial is bad, then you are welcome to do so.I and many like me don't and that is entirely our point of view.Besides this is not the only serial on air.There are hundred others and in my view they are so awful and cheap that it won't even be within dignity to mention them in the same breath as Astitva.But again that is my point of view.

What we find weird and what not depends entirely on individual perspective and hence what each one thinks about something is entirely their choice.

As for asking to improve their product,a better way would be to specify exactly what it is which needs to be improved upon and inviting a general discussion on the subject.Or else it is straight toss between you and the makers and if you don't have many takers,you are definitely wrong somewhere.Maybe not wrong in thinking the product is bad but rather in making a case out of it.

nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i totally agree wit minnie๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

well said minnie ..... no retort from chanakya?

chanakya thumbnail
As expected, a very defensive reaction. The slightest criticism evoked a landslide of knee jerk response.

As soon as ALEEZA expressed her sentiment that went counter to this group mentality people jumped on her/him. All that she was expressing was this show, even for a soap, stretches credibility.

Never have I ever used foul language; not my style. Others have also mentioned that their messages were not posted. They also do not use foul language. Some have speculated that this message boards is simply a way to promote a serial by individuals who have vested interest. I certainly hope not... I hoped that this is one more way the Indian community maintains their culture, which is to be applauded.

Having said that, the quality has to be superb. This show had lot of social commentaries applicable to Indian culture, which is of great value. I.e women as a doctor in her own right, married to someone younger, prison abuse, corrupt politicians etc... Now, it the same stew over and over. This like that other serial MANSHA, in which this women kept loosing her memory - three times and getting married three times. Have Mercy!

The fact that other products are bad is simply no reason for not letting the producers know that they are beginning slip. This soap has been slipping for a while.

There are different ways of expressing this. Some mock the situation, others get into a academic discussions, others just sinply tune it off...

People have been specific in their post. Some just laugh, some make a comment. BTW, I find the commentaries more creative than the show.

JUST THINK! There is plenty of specificity. I guess one sees what they want see.

๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by chanakya - 19 years ago
chanakya thumbnail
Moderator:

PS I hope you post my message ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Edited by chanakya - 19 years ago
chanakya thumbnail
As expected, a very defensive reaction. The slightest criticism evoked a landslide of knee jerk response.

As soon as ALEEZA expressed her sentiment that went counter to this group mentality people jumped on her/him. All that she was expressing was this show, even for a soap, stretches credibility.

Never have I ever used foul language. I just do not use that type of language. Others have also mentioned that their messages were not posted. They also do not use foul language. Some have speculated that this message boards is simply a way to promote a serial by individuals who have vested interest. I certainly hope not... I hoped that this is one more way the Indian community maintains their culture, which is to be applauded.

Having said that, the quality has to be superb. This show had lot of social commentaries applicable to Indian culture, which is of great value. I.e women as a doctor in her own right, married to someone younger, prison abuse, corrupt politicians etc... Now, it the same stew over and over. This like that other serial MANSHA, that this women kept loosing her memory - three times and getting married three times. Have Mercy!

The fact that other products are bad is simply no reason for not letting the producers know that they are beginning slip. This soap has been slipping for a while.

There are different ways of expressing this. Some mock the situation, others get into a academic discussions, others just sinply tune it off...

People have been specific in their post. Some just laugh, some make a comment. BTW, I find the commentaries more creative than the show.

JUST THINK! There is plenty of specificity. I guess one sees what they want see.

rat718 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well I see your point here. However, after watching several of these fatuous serials I have decided it does not help to be querulous, but just be insouciant. The inscrutable characters which these effrontery directors try to project are usally sophomoric๐Ÿ˜Š. Trying to comment on the scenerio, and the tawdry characters which involves thinking leads to nothing but rancor, and frustration.
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hi chanakya, it was great to read your post. I do agree that you have all the right to tell people that the showing in this serial is bad. We moderators of this forum, have never ever stopped a person to post here without any valid reasons. Yes, some of them might have been banned by the IF Admin, but there are reasons for it.

Chanakya, i have never deleted any of your post. Anyway, thanks for sending me a post script.

See, you have to understand that a thin line exists between a constructive post and an offensive post. We never stop people from criticising a serial or a character. But the way Aleeza had framed his/her post was a bit out of context. One cannot compare the happenings in the serial to real life. Aleeza took it upon him/her that this kind of a notorious act is being shown in his/her hometown i.e. UK. This was not needed. We just wanted to tell the person that UK is by itself a great place and not to take the happening in the serial too much to her head. The person had written a post saying this does not happen in UK. I ask the person why is she being over possessive about her place.

An example i can give you, is, there are lots of films in which they show some happenings in a certain place for which we might feel sad. Does this mean we don't see the movie at all bcos such a happening is shown in one's hometown. No, that is not an answer to it.

So, I dont think this was wrong on part of us, as we want healthy discussions to take place in this forum. I want to tell you again that all sorts of debates, criticisms are really encouraged in this forum. Please come out with your posts. But i request you to stop this thread here.

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

rat718

STOP SWEARING! and same to u!