Anubhav Sinha defends Kareena's role in Ra One

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Anubhav Sinha defends Kareena's role

Kareena Kapoor's prominent absence from the trailers and posters of Ra.One has raised a lot of speculation as to whether or not she is important to the film. As of now, neither the 10-second teaser, nor the more detailed 30-second version shows even a hint of the leading lady.

A film enthusiast says, "One would expect a superstar like Kareena Kapoor to be a part of the 30-second trailer at least." However, an unfazed Anubhav Sinha, the director of Ra.One maintains that Bebo is an integral part of the film. "You don't rope in an actress like Kareena and then not utilise her potential to the fullest. Rest assured, she plays a wonderful role in the film," asserts Anubhav, without getting into details. Although the authenticity of this claim will only be known in about six months from now, one still wonders if Bebo's job in the film will be limited to adding some extra star value. "All I can say is that, it took me and Shah Rukh a fairly long while to zero in on an actress to play the part. And only casting of important characters takes that much time. But I won't speak any further. As of now, just wait and watch," says the director. Given the amount of money riding on his back, he had better do justice to the suspense.

Source: Deccan Chronicle

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Who all would have agreed to play mom to an 8 year old?

Vidya,Kajol,Rani,Lara perhaps?
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

Who all would have agreed to play mom to an 8 year old?

Vidya,Kajol,Rani,Lara perhaps?

Is she playing a mom in Ra1?
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Oh i am glad he picked bebo!

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ya am not gonna believe you Mr.Director until I see the film! :P
melonie thumbnail

Originally posted by: beboholic

Ya am not gonna believe you Mr.Director until I see the film! :P

I agree... we will have to wait and see...hope she has a good role and is not used just for decoration.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I stopped believing in directors/scriptwriters/crew members when the writer of Kambakkht Ishq said to me, "Mark my words, Kareena will sweep all awards for her role in this film"
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

I stopped believing in directors/scriptwriters/crew members when the writer of Kambakkht Ishq said to me, "Mark my words, Kareena will sweep all awards for her role in this film"

🀣 Oh Man. That was kareena's worst 😑
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

What the..!? πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜² that's hilarious!
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail

Originally posted by: IHeartDeepika

What the..!? πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜² that's hilarious!

πŸ˜†