zaryaabJuhi1b8 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Confident beginnings.............................                                                                                       He is arguably one of the best known faces on Indian television. Actor, anchor and dancer, Hussain Kuwajerwala is known for his portrayal of Sumit Wadhwa in the soap Kumkum and Chirag Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.         So how did it all begin? "It all started when I was in college. To be honest, I never imagined that I would pursue a career in acting. It was a mere hobby. But I was lucky to meet the right people at the right time. It has been a long journey and I have struggled for years, but it has been worth it. While working on my first serial, Aashirwad, I still wasn't sure if I would carry on with acting, but after working in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, I knew this was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Since then, there has been no looking back!"

Incidentally, Hussain has also anchored several successful shows including Shabaash India, Kisme Kitna Hai Dum, Kuch Kar Dikhana Hai and Khulja Sim Sim (season 2), the 3rd, 4th and 5th season of Indian Idol, Nach Baliye 3 and Dance Premier League. Quiz him on his anchoring skills and you are in for a surprise. "I actually enjoy acting more than anchoringIncidentally, Hussain has also anchored several successful shows including Shabaash India, Kisme Kitna Hai Dum, Kuch Kar Dikhana Hai and Khulja Sim Sim (season 2), the 3rd, 4th and 5th season of Indian Idol, Nach Baliye 3 and Dance Premier League. Quiz him on his anchoring skills and you are in for a surprise. "I actually enjoy acting more than anchoring.

When I started out, I was very nervous and rehearsed everything to the tee. But with time, I started becoming confident and garnered a lot of appreciation for my anchoring skills." He counts Indian Idol and Khulja Sim Sim as his favourite shows.
His dancing skills came to the fore when he won the reality show Nach Baliye 2, along with his wife Tina. "I dedicate that win to my wife and my choreographer. Tina was the only non-celebrity contestant on the show and
I worked hard to convince her to be a part of the programme. In fact, I told her to give it a shot and we expected to be out in the first round. But she worked hard and our lives completely changed after we won the title." That Hussain dances like a dream is a known fact. He added another feather to his cap when he signed up to be a part of the first-ever Bollywood musical, Zangoora: The Gypsy Prince, at the Kingdom of Dreams, Gurgaon.

The show has a heavy dose of Bollywood songs and dances woven around a melodramatic storyline intertwined with international technology and has had a successful run with over 250 shows being staged already! So what does that feel like?

"It is dreamlike. In fact, it was exactly a year ago that I signed up with them but I was not convinced initially. Only after I flew down to Delhi and saw the place did  I decide. I think it takes a lot of courage to execute such a concept and hats off to the folks at Wizcraft for doing it. It's a great opportunity to be a part of the first ever Broadway in India and since I like dancing and acting, everything just fell into place." He adds further, "The best part is that I have learnt a lot from the show and it has given me immense creative satisfaction."

Having worked for years on the small screen, he has now set his eyes on the big screen. "Bollywood definitely beckons and post-Zangoora, I hope to do some good films that are targetted towards a niche audience."

As of now, Hussain has no projects in the pipeline as far as television is concerned but hopes he can do an anchor-based show soon as a daily soap may not fit his tight schedule.  "But you never know. I am only looking forward to good work. God has been very kind to me and I have no regrets whatsoever. I look forward to new challenges."
Link................. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/152394/confident-beginnings.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zaryaabJuhi1b8 thumbnail
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/152394/confident-beginnings.htmlEyeing a positive role.................                  

Priyamvada Kant, whose Betaab Dil Ki Tamanna couldn't be fulfilled is now eyeing a role in the grand play, Zangoora, in which Hussain Kuwajerwala plays the prince.

Says the actress, "I have been offered a major part in Zangoora in Delhi. I am planning to take it but the only thing is that I will have to sign an eleven-month contract with them."

Miss Kant, who was last seen in Bairi Piya in which she essayed a negative character says, "I want to play a positive character now. I have done everything from wearing a short skirt to playing a negative role. In my one-year-old career, I have been married thrice, had an extra-marital affair, played a prostitute, and was also raped in one serial. I am looking out for something which I haven't done."

zaryaabJuhi1b8 thumbnail
Ambassador Of The Year Sonam Kapoor was named brand ambassador of the year at the NDTV Good Times Gadget Guru Awards 2011.

"I am a gadget freak. You will find everything from laptop, cellphone to iPad and iPod in my closet. They remain with me all the time. I can't leave my mobile even for five minutes. Gadgets have become a way of life today for any generation," Sonam said in a video message after receiving the award.She is the brand ambassador of Spice mobiles.

Sonam, who has been quite active on microblogging site Twitter, says technology comes with its positives and negatives.

"It depends how you are involved in it. Twitter is a great platform for putting down your thoughts and sharing it with others but some are desperate for fame and obnoxious. I have blocked many fame crazy people who have been obnoxious," she added.

The awards held at the Nautanki Mahal in Kingdom of Dreams, Gurgaon, honoured the best in the field of consumer electronics, gadgets and technology. These awards have been instituted to honour innovation and products that truly made a difference.

Microsoft Kinect for X-box 360 received the award for the innovation of the year, gaming hardware of the year and NDTV gadget of the year-viewer's choice. On the other hand Apple iPad was named the computing device of the year and NDTV gadget of the year -jury's choice. Apple iPod Nano was named the portable audio product of the year.
Samsung Galaxy S was named smartphone of the year. Samsung won two more awards for design of the year for Samsung 3D LED TV UA55C9000 and TV of the year for Samsung 3D LED TV UA46C8000. Nokia C3 walked away with an award for budget phone of the year.

The event was hosted by NDTV's Vikram Chandra and Rajeev Makhani. It also saw some of the amazing performances by Zangoora star Hussain Kuwajerwala, Gauhar Khan and Kashmira Irani.

Apart from corporate biggies, the guest list also included music composer Anu Malik, singer Rabbi Shergill of Bulla ki jaana fame, singer Shibani Kashyap, socialite Suhel Seth, designer Rina Dhaka, ace hairstylist Ambika Pillai and Siddharth Basu.

Edited by zaryaabJuhi1b8 - 13 years ago
AmezingJuhi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
achha articl....thanks 4 posting