malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
First of all, sorry for the delay! I have my excuse and sorry list lined up, i swear! 😃 Do you want them? Guess not... maappu, manipaya etc etc

So the topic is:

Movie Plots:

Fact
orFiction

This week let's discuss what your guy's opinions are on movie plots?
While it is easily assumed that every movie has that fantasy element, it is said that
movies can only be based on life. So what do you think? Are movies based entirely on life, somewhat on life? Is a movie's topic realistic? Can any movie really reflect life?
Basically, is the plot of a movie entirely fiction, or is there some fact?

PS: Have a wonderful Shivarathri

Edited by malluangel - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Additi_sjfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi interesting DOTW....

Well, i always like to say Movies are meant to be fiction... n if u want something real... switch over to the news channel or watch a documentory... or just go over ur security cameras....😉

i think movies are meant to be a fiction of one's imagination... gives you that 2 hrs to temporary escape from reality.... let's you believe or enjoy watching something that you normally cant in everyday life...

like srsly, u cant look at someone across the room n fly off to switzerland and do a dance-song routine.. u would want to.. but u cant... but in film.. u can...

they are like fairytales... u know it cant happen, but it makes u feel gd just by imagining or believing.....

but of cos, the genre of movies have changed alot over the years.. more real touches are given.. but that's just a natural process.. movies gives you a story from the fiction of one's imagination inspired from reality.... u take something real and you turn it to what you want....

previously, most society issues were based on love being a taboo issue (in the 50s).. so love stories were the main genre in the 60s etc... then the era of the underworld... they was more crimes/revolutions etc.. n movies glamourised them.... n well today, issues are more human behaviour/psychology centric... so more movies that deal with human emotions...

so basically what i'm saying is movies are inspired from reality but on their own are usually fiction.....

But whether the audience are able to differientiate between fiction or reality, that is a different issue on it's own...😕
sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Nice topic!

I agree with Additi. Movies are inspired from reality to give that native touch, but its purely fictious, just as an entertainment for the 2 hours you watch it. It brings you to another world which you probably wont see in real life.

But I also think, there needs a balance between fact and fiction. If the movie is tooo incredibly fictious, den personally, I won't be able to relate to it. And I think they are striving more to achieve that balance now, by giving us more raw stories, based on a village, like eg Paruthi veeran, or based on real human emotions in relationships, like VTV.