Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I don't think she was cheating on him by having an affair. After 5 years without husband.....and Moiz losing interest in her by ignoring her, fighting with her and talking about Anila, sending her pictures home of him and Anila....hearing about how husbands change and getting married to girls abroad to get visa......Moiz telling her that he can divorce her and that he has learned to live without her.....alll this and lots of more stuff together, she didn't see any future with him anymore. On top of that, Jawad told her "hey, I know you both...you are going to get divorced anyway...."
Moiz was not planning to get back anytime sooner, and in her eyes he was taking more interest in Anila than her (which was actually true too), she was a maid, a servant for his family for 5 years, pining for his love and care....whenever Noor was sick, she had to ask Jawad for help, when it should have been her husband.
All this added up together, she didn't know what would happend next, would she have to wait 5 years more for her husband to come, or maybe he would just get married second time and divorce her later. So instead, of living in uncertainty and a life like a maid, she considered other options. To get hold of her current situation and come to a decision.
When Jawad offered her a better life...she considered it. She was not having an affair with him...but she felt that her marriage was not working so better end it and plan your future with someone who loves you and wants to be with you. To do that, she had to get a divorce....while men can simply marry a second time without even giving divorce to the first one....a woman has to get a divorce to move on in life. And that was what she was doing, and I think she had a right to do so if you see things from her point of view. I am not saying that all women should do this when their husbands go abroad, but she was not committing any crime either. I just felt there were lost of misunderstanings and a huge communication gap between them. On top of that, Moiz had kind of started to compare her with Anila, and liked to spend time with Anila because than he could be carefree...he was kind of escaping from his problems too.
Warda. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
what a shocker it has been regarding jawads character...he has been such a coward....initially why did he proposed if he was so weak...that he stepped back at the last moment...simply good for nothing man
remember once he said to aisha that he can even arrange a separate house for aisha and noor....so what happened now...all words went down the drain....

and regarding moiz...i guess it was completely wrong from his side that he left his wife for five long years....he found a relief in aneela but what about your wife ...even shes a normal person who needs her partner along her side ....and although he was joking about his affair to aneela....but he should have been sensible enough to understand that even minor jokes can turn disastrous if u are at such distance from each other(i mean physically) and could not see each other ...to judge each others expressions that you are just joking..

and regarding aisha...im super confused that either she was rite or wrong...to some extent she seemed rite.....but destiny was not in her favour and jawad stepped back....poor girl
she was treated as a servant at moiz's home....what was she getting in return ....simply nothing....only moiz love was her saviour at that place and now she was deprived of that even from the last five years

but if i analyze her character from the first episode taking such decision didnt seemed her cup of tea....so i will not comment much on her....

Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yea Moiz has always been teasing Aisha abt Aneela...which he shudnt have done...and Moiz does clearly love Aisha...and thats why he was really shocked to hear abt her asking for divorce.... i wudnt say thts its totally Moiz's fault coz whn ur away from ur family i know u get so lonely n u need smone to spend time wid....but tht obviously doesnt mean tht u start an affair.....well basically Moiz and Aisha did love each other alot but whn Moiz went abroad, there were many misunderstandings...and everything cannot be cleared out on phone...so things became worse b/w them
Edited by Rabz_14 - 13 years ago
Warda. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rabz_14

yea Moiz has always been teasing Aisha abt Aneela...which he shudnt have done...and Moiz does clearly love Aisha...and thats why he was really shocked to hear abt her asking for divorce.... i wudnt say thts its totally Moiz's fault coz whn ur away from ur family i know u get so lonely n u need smone to spend time wid....but tht obviously doesnt mean tht u start an affair.....well basically Moiz and Aisha did love each other alot but whn Moiz went abroad, there were many misunderstandings...and everything cannot be cleared out on phone...so things became worse b/w them

exactly...they both love each other...but the small misunderstanding lead to such disaster in their lives...and icing on the cake had been jawads proposal to aisha...which gave her an option to think about her life with someone else other than moiz....considering that he is now in love with aneela.

@ bold...oh i so loved him in that scene...brilliant job done by faisal...his voice modulation was superb in that scene...when he said to aisha that rite now shes angry thats y saying like that.....his expressions his voice modulation was clearly indicating that he was actually pacifying himself more than aisha.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I don't think that the purpose of the show is to prove or debate who has made more mistakes over the other. Instead, the point of the show, I think, is to show how a lack of communication leads to a both a husband and a wife committing similar mistakes and destroying their marriage despite the love that both of them have for each other at a deeper level.

While its obvious that Moiz is wrong to go after Aneela like that and to play with both Aneel and Aisha's emotions, what Aisha did was also just as wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right and, therefore, her actions do not stand justified at all! If she really was fed up of the life that Moiz has left for her back home, she should have asked him to divorce her without the acknowledgment and intention of Jawad or any other man in her life after Moiz. Aisha sees that Jawad is interested in her and a life with someone who will be around her and care for her and Noor appeals to her, and that is the only time she thinks of divorcing Moiz. Aisha makes sure that Jawad is her safety net and then she moves on to divorce Moiz - to me that is where the fine line lies between her being a wife fed up of the life that her husband has left for her and being a wife who cheats on her husband (or even has the intention of cheating).

While I am hooked onto this show and wait for Fridays to come around, I think the show tries way too hard to recreate MZZB, but it fails miserably. Its a good show on its own, but I do feel they need to stop trying to give it the same feel and they should definitely pick up the pace! Anyone know how many more episodes left?

But one thing that I do appreciate about this particular show over Umera Ahmed's other shows is the fact that a woman is not presented as the perfectly moralistic, sacrificial lamb as she is shown in shows like MZZB, Doraha, etc. In this show, the protagonist is flawed, she has made mistakes, and she is suffering because of those mistakes. I don't know how much more of the plot there is left and whether there are still any secrets waiting to be revealed, but I enjoy that this show does not blame men for suppressing women and still realizes that women are also flawed and they are also capable of making mistakes.

The true highlight of the show lies in that scene when Moiz finally returns to Pakistan and confronts Aisha about the allegations that have been placed on her. In that one scene in their room when they finally meet after five years, Moiz still has so much faith in Aisha. If in that scene, Aisha had lied to him and said that all those allegations placed on her were false, I think Moiz would have listened to her, and he would have believed her. Instead, she tells him that she doesn't love him anymore and that she loves Jawad! In that scene, there is a moment when he grabs her and tries to shake some sense into her - he wants to hear that she doesn't really mean it, he wants to hurt her, but all in that one second he realizes that he cannot force her to love him and he lets her go. I think that scene is so powerful, and I think most of the credit for that scene goes to Faisal Qureshi. The actress that plays Aisha falls short for me in her performance, once again. Sometimes, I think she's so expressionless!

I point this scene out to prove my point that they both have made their set of mistakes, they both want things to go back the way they were, but at the same time, both of them realize that too much has happened between them for things to ever return to normal.
Rabz_14 thumbnail
yup i agree..MZZB is vey similar to Qaid e Tanhai but Qaid e Tanhai is more realistic in relation to the character of Aisha and Saba
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rabz_14

yup i agree..MZZB is vey similar to Qaid e Tanhai but Qaid e Tanhai is more realistic in relation to the character of Aisha and Saba

Why do you say that? Is it more realistic to want to cheat on your husband than to be falsely accused of cheating? I think Saba and Aisha's characters are "realistic" enough on their own - the differences between them show that just like there are different kinds of men in society, there are also different kinds of women in society. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Rabz_14 thumbnail
obviously not...in reality, women dont sacrifice tht much..and yea nor do they take such bold steps like Aisha did..Aisha is very wrong on her side....Saba was shown as the girl who wud bear all the hardships and would not even speak up for herself....well i think Saba and Aisha both are on extreme sides...
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I don't think that the purpose of the show is to prove or debate who has made more mistakes over the other. Instead, the point of the show, I think, is to show how a lack of communication leads to a both a husband and a wife committing similar mistakes and destroying their marriage despite the love that both of them have for each other at a deeper level.

While its obvious that Moiz is wrong to go after Aneela like that and to play with both Aneel and Aisha's emotions, what Aisha did was also just as wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right and, therefore, her actions do not stand justified at all! If she really was fed up of the life that Moiz has left for her back home, she should have asked him to divorce her without the acknowledgment and intention of Jawad or any other man in her life after Moiz. Aisha sees that Jawad is interested in her and a life with someone who will be around her and care for her and Noor appeals to her, and that is the only time she thinks of divorcing Moiz. Aisha makes sure that Jawad is her safety net and then she moves on to divorce Moiz - to me that is where the fine line lies between her being a wife fed up of the life that her husband has left for her and being a wife who cheats on her husband (or even has the intention of cheating).

While I am hooked onto this show and wait for Fridays to come around, I think the show tries way too hard to recreate MZZB, but it fails miserably. Its a good show on its own, but I do feel they need to stop trying to give it the same feel and they should definitely pick up the pace! Anyone know how many more episodes left?

But one thing that I do appreciate about this particular show over Umera Ahmed's other shows is the fact that a woman is not presented as the perfectly moralistic, sacrificial lamb as she is shown in shows like MZZB, Doraha, etc. In this show, the protagonist is flawed, she has made mistakes, and she is suffering because of those mistakes. I don't know how much more of the plot there is left and whether there are still any secrets waiting to be revealed, but I enjoy that this show does not blame men for suppressing women and still realizes that women are also flawed and they are also capable of making mistakes.

The true highlight of the show lies in that scene when Moiz finally returns to Pakistan and confronts Aisha about the allegations that have been placed on her. In that one scene in their room when they finally meet after five years, Moiz still has so much faith in Aisha. If in that scene, Aisha had lied to him and said that all those allegations placed on her were false, I think Moiz would have listened to her, and he would have believed her. Instead, she tells him that she doesn't love him anymore and that she loves Jawad! In that scene, there is a moment when he grabs her and tries to shake some sense into her - he wants to hear that she doesn't really mean it, he wants to hurt her, but all in that one second he realizes that he cannot force her to love him and he lets her go. I think that scene is so powerful, and I think most of the credit for that scene goes to Faisal Qureshi. The actress that plays Aisha falls short for me in her performance, once again. Sometimes, I think she's so expressionless!

I point this scene out to prove my point that they both have made their set of mistakes, they both want things to go back the way they were, but at the same time, both of them realize that too much has happened between them for things to ever return to normal.

Agreed 100% with every thing u said..

@bold...This is what I also have been saying all along, in my earlier posts in this thread...I mean I agree tht Moiz was totally wrong but it doesnt give Ayesha the right to cheat on him also... She would have been justified in asking for a divorce on her own....but not after she sees an opportunity in Jawad.... She should have askd for a divorce, the day she became sure abt Moiz and Anila....she should have asked for a divorrce right away tht since he is cheating on me, i cant live with him, go back to her parent's house, ask for a divorce and then after divorce, she could find any x, y, z person for herself.....but instead she thought of a divorce only after Jawad propsed her and she sees an opportunity.....this is cheating, which is totally wrong and unacceptable....as u said tht theres a thin line b/w cheating and a wife who is fed up.....

And the fact tht Jwad backed out...this is also very realistic...and also, this is a lesson and warning for all those girls who might have thought of any such thing in real life in such situation, in frustration......Ab Ayesha na idhar ki rahi, na udhar ki......Us en shuru mein Jawad ki support par apna ghar khud hi barbaad kar liya.....and then even Jawad backed out....and the fact tht Jawad backed out, made Ayesha realise her mistake...and this is the reason, she doesnt protest, in present ...and she thinks she deserves such treatment.... Jaisay woh kehti hai....ke main tu apni ghaltion ka kaffaara ada karrahi houn..and she told her saas ke baat maafi ki nahi hai...main ne unka aitebaar tora hai............She thinks ke us ne Jawad ki baaton mein aa kar apna ghar barbaad kar diya.......Jaisay jawad pehle usay kehta hai ke buray kirdaar ki aurat se koi shadi nahi karta aur main tum se shadi karna chahta houn.....aur uski nand bhi kehti hai ke tum kisi ka ghar nahi basaa sako gi......... Now she thinks ke she was proved as a woman who was not morally strong.....and now she doesnt protest..............

As far as Jawad is concerned....waqai Ayesha se uski shadi bhtt mushkil thee...Ayesha was his best friend's wife...tu obv uski mother kabhi raazi na hoti........aur koi mard itna strong nahi hota ke apni family ko chor deta..... Jawad didnt mean bad...he really wanted to marry her...but he ended up making her life miserable....though his intentions were not such.......And this is sooo realistic....Aur jo kehtay hain na ke na mehram mard aur aurta akele houn tu teesra shaitan hota hai.... ..this is ssooo right.......If we look deeply, tu is drama mein yeh lesson bhi hai...... Ayesha's husband was not there......and she used to go everywhere with Jawad.....har mushkil mein Jawad kaam aaraha hai.....tu ahista ahista Jawad ke zehen mein aisay khyalat aanay lagey ke he enjoys spending time with Ayesha....and it happened gradually......Isi liye humarey religion mein kaha gaya hai ke na mehram mardon se distance rakho....warna phir bhtt problems hoti hain.... Yehi wajah bani Ayesha aur Jawad ke relation ki....cos even Moiz was not there... Ayesha used to share everything with Moiz earlier and then she shared everything with Jawad...and this applies for Moiz too..... when was alone...he needed someone, so he started spending time with Anila which was totally wrong too.....

Good thing abt this drama is tht everyone is shown as normal humans...neither of them is saint or devil... None of them was basically a bad person...but ended up making major mistakes in life.......everyone was equally at fault here....And as u said tht the purpose of this serial is to show tht how distance or lack of communication can create problems in life...This drama is such a big lesson , for everyone who might have thought of doing similar things in life......in frustration.... I think every girl , especially should learn lesson from Ayesha's mistaks and never even dream or think of taking such a step in their life......yes, girls can ask for a divorce from their husbands in such situations, but not after seeing another opportunity in the form of another man, and tht too, while u r married.....after divorce, u can always find x, y, z person........Ayesha's mistake was not asking divorce from Moiz..... But asking divorce form him only after Jawad propsed her...and the fact tht she had an affair with Jawad, while she was married to Moiz........ Larkian ek dafa badnaam hojayein tu phir bhtt bara issue banta hai.....Ab sirf Ayesha hi nahi, uski beti ke liye bhi ayesha ki wajah se probs huein... Jo sab noor ko kehtay hain ke jaisi maa ne harkat ki....tu uski beti kesi hogi? this is realistic.... Kehtay hain ke beti ki shadi karni ho tu maa ko dekho...aur agar Khudanakhwasta maa ki koi aisi harkat ho tu beti par kia asar parey ga...ayesha ne us waqt jazbaat mein aa kar apni beti ka bhi nahi socha......ke uske aisay kisi step ka baad mein uski beti ki life par kia asar parey ga?
Edited by farahs_6 - 13 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So...ppl...what is ur opinion abt the end?