Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

andromeda_kia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@darshu, thanks a lot, hun! Haan Sarju hai to Anjali to hogi hi- yes she's seen a lot as a child, u see how she will be when she grows up!

@Usma, thanks a lot! I hope u like that someone else's character!!

@Rosh, thank u so much- I am glad u liked him & I hope u will like Anju too!

@Sujju, thanks so much!! Yes, Anju's tragic past moulds her into a , a .............read next parts to find out!! 😉

P.S. next part coming up!
andromeda_kia thumbnail

Sarju was studying days & nights together for his Board examinations. Even with the frequent power-cuts, he would study by his candle side. Here, while Sushila worried about his health, Dinkar Rao was worried about something else all together.

Would Sarju be able to bear it if he failed? Should he explain his son not to be overly ambitious? Will he understand his father's worry & take in good sense? With the recent spate of corruption & bribery cases, Dinkar Rao wasn't even able to talk to his family, just see Chandu & Sonali asleep, & Sarju studying by the lantern.

Sarju wanted to score well at all costs. He would work his life out, but not give up his dream of becoming an IAS officer. He knew that there were people who would belittle him & scorn at his family background. There were also people, he knew, who would be only too pleased to see him defeated. Like that brat Neil Mehra.

Sarju was walking to school, with Chandu riding alongside him on a cycle. Sarju never liked bicycles- they were too slow & required too much hard work- now bikes, were fascinating, he thought, as he smiled looking at a sleek black one. His smile turned to a frown as he saw the rider- Neil. His frown became more pronounced as he saw him smirk at himself.

"Bade baap ka bighda hua beta" he muttered to himself. He was as spoilt as curdled milk- the kind his Aai made for shrikhand. He lost no opportunity to bully Sarju. He wouldn't have minded that- he could land a few meaty blows himself. But his anger knew no bounds when he would turn on his brother, Chandu as he was doing now.

"Toh Chandu, tu cycle pe aaya hai- arre waah! Tere paas cycle bhi hai? Hawaaldar Dinkar Rao ka beta- Chandu cycle laaya hai! Chal paisa nikaal- kuch khila de!"

"Daada chalo yahaan se. Is gadhe se baat karne ka use nahi hai!" Chandu tried to stop Sarju who had his fists clenched & taken a couple of steps forward.

"Abe, gadha kisko keh raha hai? Mein tujhe dikhaata hoon, gadha kaun hai" Neil slapped Chandu across the face. The bright red welt on his brother's face was too much for Sarju. He caught neil's collar & shoved him onto the bike. He punched him in the stomach tice & would've gone on if not Chandu's warning in his ears.

"Daada chal, principal aa raha hai- tu jaanta hai who kiska saath dega. Chal tu!"

"Aaj to tujhe chod raha hoon, Neil- agli baar nahin!" Sarju walked away, with Chandu almost dragging im away from the scene.

"Sarju, bataa tune kyun maara use?" Dinkar Rao asked him.

"Usne Chandu ko maara."

"To tujhe nikal jaana chaahiye tha wahaan se. Tu jaanta hai uska baap kitna bada hai. Aaj mujhe bade aab se warning bhi mili hai. Yeh theek nain hai Sarju."

"Kya theek nahi hai, Baba? Woh humein maar, peete aur hum chupchaap usse karne de? Isliye kyunki who paise waala hai? Aapko yeh theek lagat hai to kijiye, pan mee tasa karnaar naahin (I won't do it)"

Sarju stalked out of the house sulking. Dinkar Rao had been momentarily taken aback at the flash of anger & resentment in Chandu. He sighed & went outside behind his son.

"Baba, meine kaha na, mein nahi karunga. Aap andar jaaiye."

"Sarja, mein jaanta hai tu nahin karega. Tu mera bata hai- mein teri jagah hota toh bhi yahi karta. Lekin duniya nai samajhti hai, Sarja. Woh tujhe hi kosegi- usse nahin.Tu apni zindagi kharaab mat kar. Tu samajh raha hai, na?"

Sarju didn't say anything & saw his father going away. No he didn't understand anything he'd be damned if he would. That boy & others like deserved to be pounded not toadied to- like Baba was saying.

And pound them he would.

darshana23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Purva, I will read it and comment later....... Right now I am very much tired... Thanks for updating FF, I was waiting for Anjali's part
rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
That was a fantabulous update Purva....... me totally in love with the way you are narrating Sarja's childhood incidents...... they are so beautiful and unique..... awww Sarja surely loves Chandu more than anyone....... and i really loved the last line.... "And pound them he would."..... continue soon dear eagerly awaiting your next update.......
Juna04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Purva I am totally convinced that you need to be a full-time writer - you defo have that talent and love the way u use Marathi and also the culture and the food of the ppl ....
Loved every word and I read both the updated parts just now and what can I say- I really felt so bad for Anj and her mother and domestic abuse is so rampant everywhere and your description of the scene is so good dear....
Also Sarju's ambition and his parents wanting to protect him from getting hurt but unable to explain the reality to him.....
Good job Purva and waiting for more
sudhalata1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Purva wonderful FF.👏 read all the three parts together. it was fabulous. Loved the way you narrated Sarjas childhood incidents and Anjali's childhood.

You can be full time serial story writer. I'm waiting for the next part . please update it soon.Meri taraf se 🤗
Faiza_sam thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Purva dear , that was an awesome piece of writing ...First of all am loving the title of ur FF and then u have described the whole thing in awesome manner ...am loving sarja's childhood ........how he is ambitious and focussed but i wonder what destiny would choose for him ...and Anjali has already lost her father ..aww ..poor child ...but am loving that she is still here in ur FF ...that name always gives smile and satisfaction na especially when it takes with Kapil 😳....Looking frwrd to more parts ...cntinue soon :)

darshana23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Purva, just wonderful dear.............. Sarjaa's care for his siblings, I am just loving it... But this incident is surely 😭

I wish if his father would have understand his stand...
Do you know what I feel may be creatives might show something like this in PMMKA 👍🏼
andromeda_kia thumbnail
Sujju, thanks a bunch for liking the update!! Yes, Sarju is extremely protective of his family & especially his brother. Yes, I thought it would be sensible to show the beginnings of Sarja the gangster.

Juna di, thanks so much, but I don't deserve so much praise. I just write what I feel, I am glad u like it so much! Yes, we go on with our lives & complain about small things, when the sordid side of life is faced by the lower- class people. That's what I wanted to convey.

Sudha di, thanks a lot! I am glad u enjoy my writing & I will try my best to live upto ur expectations!

Faiza, thanks a zillion! I am glad u liked the title! U liked sarju & Anju's bachpan ki zindagi also? Me happy!! Anjali will be diffrent & I hope u all will like her.

Darshu, thanks so much! Yes, I think this is how Sarju's animosity may have started in the serial. I really wish they bring in Anjali as well! 😍

Next part coming up!!
andromeda_kia thumbnail
Hello!!

I am overwhelmed by the response I am getting from all of u! 🤗

I really hope I live upto ur expectations & u all like my story in all my updates. I know that I am writing so much about Sarju & Anju grew up, but I think such characters have their base in childhood only, no?? But, our couple is growing up really fast!

The few months after leaving their house, Anjali saw everything in life, which was enough to last her her all days on this planet.

She saw her Maa begging for work in the high society houses, & getting almost kicked out of them by the stiff, upper-lipped servants. Anjali decided that she didn't like that attitude & she would starve rather than work as a maid when she grew up.

Her Maa felt sorry for her daughter for being a witness to her humiliation, but convinced herself that it was better if her Anju sees real life sooner rather than later. She couldn't leave her anywhere else & had to take her alongside.

Anju saw her Maa being groped in the dark alleys. Her 10- year old self didn't understand what was happening, but it was clear that Maa wasn't liking it. That decided it for her- if maa didn't like it, she didn't like it either, & it would help if she saw a way out rather than start crying. She picked up a nearby stone & hurled it at one of the attackers. She was more shocked than him that she had hit him right on the head. The man grabbed his friend & they ran- off into the night.

"Anju, tu theek to hai, na? Tune who patthar maara kya?"

"Haan, Maa! Ma, woh 'woh aadmi kya kar raha tha?"

"Anju, who wahi kar raha that, jo har mard karta hai- atyachaar. Tu jab badi hogi, tu samajh jaayegi."

This was just a few of the many incidents that hardened up Anju from the inside. The world was not a good place & you have to to fight to get a foothold here.

As they slept on the cold hard floor of the railway platform a year later, Kaanta looked at her daughter & felt proud of her. She was not missish & kept her head during difficulties. But how long would this happen? Anju was growing up. She needed a home.

The orphanage? Never- Anju had a mother & she hadn't survived hell only to dump her child into an orphanage & make her feel unwanted.

A boarding- school? Kaanta would give her life to earn that much money to get her daughter educated & away from this scum of a life. But what to do till the time she earned that money?

Kaanta could only see 1 solution. She could go to Usman Bhai- after 12 years. Would he accept her back? What price would she have to pay? She could get a roof above their heads & some money- but would she have to go back to her profession? They would go there the next day.

Kaanta apprehensively stepped into the den of iniquity which looked like a modest hotel in a broad daylight, but was a brothel during the night. She clutched Anju tighter to her side & almost stepped back outside, but thought again of taking a chance. She walked up to the cashier.

"Usman Bhai se milna hai."

"Wo yahaan nahi hai.Chale jaao yahaan se." he went back to his account books. Kaanat slammed her hand on the table.

"Mujhe Usman Bhai se milna hai ' abhi issi wakt. Unse kehna Kaanta Bai milne aayi hai."

The cashier reluctantly asked a manservant to go in & ask. The servant came bank, hurriedly.

"Bhai ne andar bulaaya hai."

Kaanta held Anjali's hand & went inside through a couple of rooms.

A man was sitting on a wooden chair smoking a cheroot. He was middle-aged, but tall & well built. The room was full of bodyguards with guns in their hands.

So this is what a gangster looks like, thought Anju. She looked at Usman Bhai sitting with the air of a nawaab & was immediately a bit fearful of what would happen if she disobeyed anything said to her by him.

"Kaanta Bai'''kyun tere pati ne tujhe chod diya kya?"

"Nahi meine usse."

Usman Bhai roared with laughter.

"Baat to ek hi hui. Tu aur teri beti akele hi pad gaye na!"

He pointedly looked at Anjali who was in one corner of the room by the round-table.

"Anjali ko kuch nahi hona chaahiye."

"Acha yeh baat hai? Toh tu kaam karne ke liye taiyar hai?"

"Nahi, Bhai, mein koi aur kaam karegi, par who puraana waala kaam nahi."

"Nahi karegi tu?"

"Nahi."

"Tu mereko nahi bol rahi hai? Usman Bhai ko? Shaayad to yahaan ka niyam bhool gayi- Usmaan Bhai ko koi naa nahi kehta. Chote, haat pakad isska." He got up & took out his belt & lifted it into the air.

"Maa ko haat mat lagaana." Usman stopped midway to look at that waif of a girl clutching a pistol.

"Kya boli tu?"

"Maine kahaa na, maa ko haat mat lagaana. Bandook chala doongi."

Usman was intrigued by this girl. He signaled all his men to lower their guns with a single nod & turned to her.

"Accha? Tu mujhe maaregi? Leki usmein goli bhi hai kya?"

He saw uncertainty flash into her eyes, which immediately replaced with anger & defiance.

The next thing he heard was a shot & realized that blood was seeping through his kurta.It didn't bother him much, he who had suffred worse wounds than a simple bullet

"Dekha? Bandook mein goli thi." He was even more surprised on seeing a slight twinkle in the girl's eyes. His decision was made.

"Kaanta bai, tu chal mere saath teri ladki ko lekar. Tu abse meri behen aur yeh ladki meri beti jaisi. Yeh ab mujhse seekhegi, samajhi?"

Kaanta couldn't believe her eyes. Her 11-year old Anju actually shot Usman Bhai?? Even the police was afraid to do that! By the time she recollected her wits, all she saw was Usman Bhai teaching her daughter how to check discreetly if a pistol was loaded. She wasn't happy with the kind of "education" her daughter was getting, but acknowledged that Anju's audacity had actually saved their lives today. She would force Usman Bhai to give Anju a proper education. She shook her head, looking at Anju listening intently. No, she probably wouldn't need to. Anju would ask him herself'''.

Edited by andromeda_kia - 13 years ago