New FF: Destiny's Child updated part 5 pg 5

andromeda_kia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello all. I loved Sarju, aka Kapil's role so much that I decided to try out sn FF. Hope u all like it. Oh & pls tell me if don't like it, it can always be converted into a mini FF! 😉 😉

The lone solitary street-lamp shed little light on the boy on the bench intently writing on a tattered notebook. He brought the notebook closer to his eyes & the light revealed a neat, beautiful handwriting stretched across its pages. He bit his lip & continued to concentrate, his tongue sticking out occasionally to indicate even ore attention to the detail.

Keeping the notebook aside, he repeated the same action he's been doing for all of 3 hours. Read a paragraph aloud, word by word in perfect fluent English, slightly accented with his Marathi overtones; & wrote the same in his notebook. Some day, thought a 14 year old Sarja while writing, my name will be in the books I am reading now- Great Indians & their stories.

"Sarju, andar aaja...teri aankhein kharaab ho jaayengi, bohot raat ho chuki hai. Ataa zhopayla chal", ( Sarju come inside... ur eyes will get damaged, its late in the night & go to sleep now)came his mother's tired voice from the shack across the road.

Sarju added another thought resolutely, some day, Aai, will call me home from a bungalow wearing a red paithani..

He got up reluctantly, gathered his books & entered his 2- room house across the road. His eyes immediately traveled to his father, who was removing his hawaaldaar's uniform after his shift. He frowned. Baba would never know how tired Aai could become, taking care of his 2 siblings- Chandu & Sonali. He was always tight-lipped about their hardships.

"Sarju, aaj kitna padhhai kiya? Idhar udhar bhatak to nahi raha tha na?"

There, Sarju thought with annoyance, Baba could never ask a thing nicely- always putting in an element of doubt in his questions. He could not know, however, that it was love for his favourite son that kept Hawaaldar Dinkar Rao worried. He knew Sarju was hot- tempered with a fierce sense of justice & ambition. He also knew that his son was brilliant & would excel in whatever he did. Just as long as his work remained honest- otherwise Sarju even excel in being a gangster, he thought wryly.

He looked at his son again who had just grunted his answer in response to his question & smiled at his wife. He wondered if he could ever erase the lines of toil across her face. He would do it, or die trying.

Sushila gazed fondly at her Sarju, as he prepared his pallet on the floor after checking on his siblings, if they were comfortable. She also noted that he kept the thickest of blankets on them & chose the barest of all for himself, not even letting his Aai - Baba take it. She knew with a mother's intuition that "ek din who hum sabka naam unchaa karega"

Thus began the story of Sarje Rao, or Sarja ,as he is now called.

Hope u all like it- please comment!!

Edited by andromeda_kia - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
reserved , i will comment
Juna04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Purva I was waiting for you to start the FF dear bec I have always loved your writing and the sensitivity that you show in the thoughts and actions of every character. Love this one too and want you to continue pls as I also want to know how the turn of events make Sarje Rao what ever he becomes in your FF😉

this is from me and waiting for more dear👏
rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow Purva... that was awesome🤗..... me totally in love with your writing style 👏⭐️and loved your title it suits Kapil's character perfectly.😃...... Sarja is too sweet and so responsible☺️..... somewhere i can already relate his character here in your FF with the show😳.... aww seems there is a misunderstanding already between father and son.😭.😲..... and i guess these are the small issues which he held in his heart that made him against his father😭..... but deep down he really loves him😳.....

And one more thing no mini FF😛... i want a fullfledged FF dear.😳❤️...... please continue soon eagerly awaiting your next update😃.......
Edited by sujji0609 - 13 years ago
andromeda_kia thumbnail
@jaya, waiting for comments, hun!!

@ Juna di: You were actually waiting for my FF? Why, that's a pleasant surprise! Thank you so very much! I hope u like this one while it lasts!

@ Sujju: Thank u so much, hun! It suits Kapil & someone else nicely. That someone will cum in the next part! Yes, there is a misunderstanding, which may grow over time! Ok, u get a full fledged one!!

Time for the next update!!
andromeda_kia thumbnail

A year had passed. Sarju was still the same, if not more silent & gruff. His silence, which grew as the year progressed along with his studies troubled Sushila.

"Sarju, khaana khaale." was met with a nod & when Chandu pulled him out to play, just got his hair ruffled & no response. She told her worries to her husband.

"Tumhi techyashee bola(You talk to him)." Dinkar Rao knew that he wouldn't be able to get anything from his son. Sarju was talking to him even less. He told Sushila to talk to him instead.

"Sarju, kya hua? Tu pareshaan rehta hai…… tujhe kisine kuch kaha? Aaajkal kitna shaant ho gaya hai. Bata kya baat hai, beta!"

"Aai, yeh mera sabse bada saal. Mujhe bohot acchemarks lane hain. Aage ki scholarship paani hai. Bohot bada banoonga, Aai. Sabko khush rakhoonga."

Sushila couldn't answer him in any way, just pray that he become successful. Little did she know that Sarju started his daily routine with the mantra "I wan't to become successful" every day while walking to school. His few friends heard just some inconsequential muttering……………..

Not much far away, just a couple of suburbs away, another destiny's child was playing with her rag doll. 10 year old Anjali was playing outside with her doll, made for her by her Maa. It was evening & she figured Baba would come home, ill, by she didn't know what. Maa said it was become he drank sumthing which children weren't supposed to know. As if in answer to her musings, she saw Baba swaggering along the walk. She continued playing as he stumbled into their house.

Kanta had had enough. She was gratefulher husband for lifting her from the squalor of slums & a murky past to a better chawl. But his drunkenness made her very angry, as he was wasting everything they earned on his drink & debaucherie. She lived in fear everyday as to what sanskaar Anju must be getting.

She reprimanded him & shouted on him on being such a useless waste. It was sumtime before Anjali heard odd sounds from within the house.

Thump, thump………

She quietly peeped through the door. What she saw would haunt her for the rest of her life. She had just seen her Maa being beaten for no reason. She was sumtimes beaten also, but she had thought it was by some mistake she'd made. She ran away & hid behind a sack of floor in the courtyard shivering & sobbing.

"Anju, beta!"

It was Maa!! Anju picked up her courage & peeped into her mother's face. It was the colour of the palest white streaked with tears while her hand was covered with welts & bruises.

"Maa, Baba, woh…………."

"Baba ab nahin aayenge, Anju. Tu chal yahaa se."

"Par kahaan?"

"Bas tuh chal. Baad mein bataaongi."

As her mother picked what little clothing they had, Anju saw the unconscious form of her father on the floor. Before she could walk up to him, her Maa had whisked her away into the dead of the night.

Next morning the dead body of a certain Maanik Bhonsale was reported in the local police station with his wife & daughter missing.

darshana23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Purva, I am keeping it reserved for my comments..

@Purva........ First part is amazing..... Sarja's every description was perfect and that scene sounds to be so real.........

but second part mein Anjali?? Huunnn, Kapil hoga to Anjali bhi hogi na..... I wish if u would have prolonged second part..... But whats this? Anjali's father dead?? Such scary incident at younger age??

I am looking forward for ur next part... keep it coming...
Edited by darshana23 - 13 years ago
usmrasul thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Purva................love you lots for this FF ....fabulous...and yes thnx for bringing that sm1 else in 2nd part...i cant ask for more
Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
PURVA!!😳👏

Its Amazing!!👍🏼 I loved the 14 year old Sarja and his hard work!! Would love to read more! Waiting for you to continue!! 😉
Edited by Roshni. - 13 years ago
rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow that was awesome....... loved the way you narrated both Kanjali's parts....... aww what a tragic past Anjali has...... poor child...... continue soon dear eagerly awaiting your next update........