queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

We are still at the scene of the crime. Simran is hysterically searching for Aastha and crying. Shaguna has tears rolling down her face. Simran is holding on to Abhi and shouting that they need to go to the Police immediately. Abhi leaves her and finds a couple of Sardars in the distance and enquires about the location of the nearest Police Station. They tell him to call 999. Abhi dials the number and a police car is shown screaming on its way towards the scene. The policemen tell them to come to the Police Station and bring a photograph of the child. Simran calls Saurabh from the car and through her tears, explains what happened with Aastha. Saurabh is shocked and promises to get a picture of Aastha to the Police Station ASAP. She then rests her head on Abhi's shoulder and starts sobbing 😭 Abhi's eyes are moist.

At the Police Station, the family is rallying around Abhi-Simran. The police sees pictures of Aastha and an order is passed to flash them at all police stations. Simran asks in a broken voice why anyone would do such a thing. The police then want to question the maid. Shaguna gets jittery and Abhi assures her it's only to ask her a few questions. The policeman agrees to let Foofaji accompany Shaguna. A scared Shaguna is led off into a small office where they ask her if anyone was around her at the time of the incident. Foofaji translates. They asks her if she suspects anyone at all. Shaguna denies knowing anything and starts shaking with fear and begging them to let her go – I have not done anything, I don't know anything!! They let her go.

Outside, Saurabh wonders aloud who can be their enemy in a strange place. Bhua tries to be reassuring that the police will try and contact them soon. Abhi says that he wants to go back and search again. Simran insists on coming with him. Bhua asks them to take the car. Once again, Simran and Abhi start on their wild goose chase, showing everyone Aastha's pictures and asking them about her. No one gives them any hope. They are tired and restless and weak from crying and then it's night-time – Simran lays her head on Abhi's shoulder and they start the long journey home with a sinking heart. They are both in their private agonies but manage to give each other silent support.

Harsh and Catherine had returned home when Bhua informed them of the incident on the phone. Harsh is in disbelief. Bhua tells Catherine that Simran-Abhi have gone to search the streets again. At that moment Shaguna starts crying loudly and Bhua asks her, not unkindly - ab kya hoga rone-dhone se? There is a flash on Zee News channel – a missing person's report on Aastha giving details like mother's name and phone number to contact in case of any information. Everyone huddles around the TV and look terribly dispirited.

Simran arrives home. She is so drained out with the crying, she can hardly stand. Catherine rushes to support her and leads her to the bedroom. Saurabh gives Abhi a pained look. In the bedroom, Catherine helps Simran to the bed and goes to fetch a glass of water. Simran sits there holding her head in her hands and crying her heart out. Shaguna enters and and puts her head on Simran's knee, crying all the while. It's a very touching scene, where they are both crying, Shaguna pleading silently for forgiveness. When Shaguna puts her hand on Simran's knee, Simran brushes it off and goes over to the window, sobbing loudly. Shaguna, already overburdened with guilt, starts crying harder. Catherine comes in with some water but Simran doesn't accept it. Catherine offers it to Shaguna who starts talking about killing herself for what has happened… Catherine comforts her in her arms and promises her – we WILL find her!

In the living room, the family is discussing the episode. Bhua says Simran is not talking and Shaguna is blaming herself for everything. Saurabh says well, she should, considering she's responsible!! Bhua chides him that Shaguna is feeling every bit as sad as the rest of us, maybe even more because she was the one with Aastha when it happened. Foofaji says Bhua is right, and that they need to be more patient.

Abhi is sitting by himself on a sofa, eyes covered with his hands. Bhua comes in and sits next to him and says that she can understand his pain. She says she has no words even to give comfort, but that he shouldn't lose hope. She tells him Simran is very upset and only you can sambhalo her. Abhi shakes his head and says he cannot sambhalo anyone. He blames it on his own karmon ka phal. Bhua tells him not to blame himself and he shouts, what else should I do? He is crying and says defeatedly, I cannot live without Aastha – I can't do it, nahin hoga. Bhua takes one look at his set face and leaves the room. Once in the living room, she can't stop the tears from rolling down her face. Harsh asks what happened. Bhua sobs that they have been most insensitive and cruel and forgot all about Abhi. After all, he too has lost a daughter but we were too busy comforting Simran to spare a thought for him. Seeing his mother upset, Harsh starts blaming his own stubborn hankering to have Abhi-Simran over for the wedding. He leaves the room looking distressed. Foofaji follows Harsh while Saurabh stays behind to comfort Bhua. Bhua runs off weeping.

Back in Mumbai, Abhi's mother is watching Gudiya's yelling with a distressed face. She has tears in her eyes and Abhi's father is trying his best to reassure her. He chides her for ignoring Gudiya's wails. Abhi's mother insists that he call Abhi for the latest on Aastha. His father is reluctant to do it but gives in to her persistent demand. He tells her with irritation not to keep crying and that there is nothing they can do. Abhi's cell rings and his father asks if there are any developments. Abhi says no. His mother takes the receiver and starts wailing – yeh kya ho gaya? Dad scolds her for bothering Abhi. Abhi asks how Gudiya is and his father replies that she is OK and being taken care of. He asks Abhi to take care of Simran and call on any further news. They hang up. Abhi's mum keeps crying – kya beet rahi hogi mere bachche pe? Husband replies that the police is trying, they will find her. She laments about her bachcha's never ending stream of problems – just when he was getting over Neha, there's another disaster to contend with – God knows what is in his kismet....

Ten days later, we're back at the Police Station. Harsh is asking the officer if there is any news – it's been 10 days now! The officer reassures him that they are on the job and to take it easy. Abhi asks what they should do now and he replies that they will let them know when they have any new information. Harsh says that all airports, railway stations, taxi stands etc. have Aastha's photograph emblazoned on the walls. Simran says simply that she wants Aastha. Saurabh tells her gently that they are trying, that we are all here for you. Simran says – so? I will not go back to India without my daughter. Everyone is surprised to hear this and an agitated Abhi asks how many days they should stay on in the UK. Simran simply says that she doesn't care about the others, she only knows that she is NOT going back without her daughter and walks out. The rest stare after her in disbelief.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rouble thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for the update queenbee!
fingirl thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot for the update 😊 ..that was really sad 😭
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
😭

So sad....I would do the same ...I would not move from that place....until I find my kid....

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smisha

😭

So sad....I would do the same ...I would not move from that place....until I find my kid....

You bet!! It's unimaginable!!!!

I must say this was the saddest episode of Astitva ever.. more so becos it involved a missing child 😭😭😭 ... Simran's agony seemed so real, it was heartbreaking to watch!!!
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I can't even imagine what trauma a parent goes through when a child is lost,and it's killing to watch it happen to anyone.Anyone.
jingle thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Will simran get back her daughter astha ?
sangeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I think the wicked lady is Neha's mom and she is trying to make Simran understand that how it feels when you lose your daughter.
Khushalay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sangeeta

I think the wicked lady is Neha's mom and she is trying to make Simran understand that how it feels when you lose your daughter.

maybe sangeeta u r right...but i haven't watched the drama by myself if anyone does he or she will know how was she looking.

nandinee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
my god!!! i wonder what will happen nxt!