A R Rahman disrespected by some bald singer

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Abhijit Bhattacharya

Recently we met an arrogant MR. Abhijeet (Om Shanti Om – Dhoom Taana Singer) who claims to be the best man in the business when it comes to singing for a chit chat casually. Here is what he had to say about namma Tamil's pride AR Rahman.

Whom are you referring to, could you be a bit more specific?

These composers promote the music so much it sticks in your head like a washing powder jingle. Their songs are equivalent to washing powder. Musicians these days are clones of AR Rahman according to me more so after he has won the Oscar award recently. Winning an Oscar does not make you a good musician first of all .You are only going to be in spotlight and if aspiring singers or composers want to be in news, then what he is doing is justified. Everyone like him wants to use technology and have no knowledge in music. They use software's and tweak it till they get a good sound out of pathetic singers.

I'm glad to have been collaborating with great musicians like Nadeem-Shravan, Jatin-Lalit and Anu Malik

(for your information kollytalkers Anu Malik is the king of copycats).

Abhijit Bhattacharya

There has not been an everlasting song in so many years. Stop talking about Rahman. Apart from "Roja"," Bombay" and " Guru" can people remember songs from his other films?

I would also like to say except for RD Burman no other composer has recall value to his music.

http://www.kollytalk.com/a-r-rahman/a-r-rahman-disrespected-by-some-bald-singer/

Read the full article. its damn hilarious.. 🤣how he boost himself and never knew that he was such arrogant and ********😡
PS. Posting this article but not intended to bash him so please keep in mind do not bash this poor soul who doesnt know what he talking.🤣. seems.. so read the article and enjoy the discussing.😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

is this for real 😲?? the singer really said that?? Hmmm 😆.. well according to me, Mozard of Madras Rocks as always... ⭐️ and I love many other songs he has composed in addition to Roja and Bombay 😛.. including

Vinnai Thaandhi Varuvaya
Kadhalan
Love birds
Kannathil Muthamittal
Lagaan
Range de Basanti
Duet
Indira
Kandukonden x 2
Gentlemen
Alaipayuthey
ok let me stop it there 🤣 but the list goes on ... hmmm...
ammoos thumbnail
I dont blame him he is not aware of any other work by ARR other than those hindi dubbings.. 😆 he is so angry at him for not giving him any opportinuty where as ARR gave numerous chances for Sukhwinder Singh.. Jealous man 🤣
fuzzyface thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow well it wld seem that the head is not only bald but empty 😆
I agree RD Burman is a musical genius, his music was far beyond his times. Even until today you can never get a musician like him. Same goes to Iliyaraja Sir, who is a maestro.😊
Having said that this dude is a singer not a composer, who has not composed for many movies.
Somebody shld have told him that AR Rahman has also composed for broadway and a chinese movie called Warriors of Heaven and Earth.
I will agree Slumdog Millionaire was nothing great. The movie was bland and the acting by the leads were appalling. The girl Frieda and the guy I can't remember his name were really bad. How in the hell does a boy from the slum have a full fledged British accent. 😕
The only reason the movie sold was beacuse of Anil Kapoor, AR Rahman's score, Irfan Khan and the real kids from the slums. I have seen a far better movie abt the slums in India called Paasi (hunger) many years ago. For the record, the award for Gulzar was given to him not otherwise.
I know this is long but basically this guy Abhijeet sounds like a bitter man. One thing for sure AR Rahman has always introduced new singers in his soundtracks because he is willing to take chances. I shld know coz I have interviewed the singers from Enthiran Lady Kash n Krissy as well as Yogi B and they have nothing but praises for him. Also AR Rahman is one of the most humble man I have seen despite having huge success unlike most of these Indian stars *coughs* Aish *😆. I am not sorry to say but most Indian stars are stuck up, arrogant and quite full of themselves. I think this world wide stardom of Bollywood has hit them so hard and they dunno how to react, thus behave such. It's like this Malay proverb we have Macam Kera dapat bunga ( Like a monkey who got flowers) 😛
I only say it like it is, dun hate me 😳
Edited by fuzzyface - 13 years ago
ammoos thumbnail
Here comes fuzzy in her full avatar 🤣
I dont understand how on earth he says no one can match his golden voice Does anyone remeber the lyrics of his hit song from Yes Boss without googling😉😆 and he says his songs talks for himROFL..
He should have edited his one sentence, getting an award doesnt make the music brillinat but the musician can always be😛 Vey sa dthat ARR got his Oscar for his not-so-great- song🥱 wonder where the Jury when Lagaan was nominated, then no one would have dared talk like this😡
fuzzyface thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@uma you know me so well 😛
what can I say, it comes from the heart
anjkhoney thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG Abhijit Said that😲.. Haha I cant believe it.. Idhu Nalla Khootha Irukke😆

Well its a hot talk about ARR's current genre of music sp after his Oscars. Some feel the old Roja touch is missing but still his still has that magic of getting a listener glued to his songs for days.. Even I am one among them with the dilemma (Okay that the DOTW topic.😆)

I love ARR's work from the start but I'm not a blind fan who can say yes to all his works... I am a bit dissappointed with Raavan tracks except for Behne De.

But I can never give up listening to the list which Aishu mentioned.and again its unending lists😳..

I used to like this Abhijeet for his songs.. How can he forget🤣
🤣🤣that he was the one who sang Yeh Naazini Suno Na (Enna VIlai Azhage -Hindi Version) from Dil Hi Dil Mein (Kaadhalar Dhinam in Hindi)

I think he must have forgotten😆... Well if he dint get recognised that doesn't mean he can put that on the Music Director (Oh Yeah '
A bad workman blames his tools' Right😆😉)

Hmm Now coming to the Oscars.After reading wht he said I could only think of the saying in Malayalam

🤣'Kittaatha Mundirinja Pulikkum'🤣
(The fox who could not reach the Grapes on the Tree gave up telling
the Grapes were Sour)

Edited by anjkhoney - 13 years ago
x.sunayna.x thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I do not understand how he could say something like that ! :O
From the interview he sounds like a stuck-up arrogant brat - no offense to his fans ! Like above i'm not A R Rahman's number one fan, but i enjoy and appreciate his music & don't think its fair for someone to say things like that about him - its called social etiqutte.
I'm pretty sure that most people in this forum can recall loads of movies which A R Rahman has done the music for but only a few song for which Abhijeet has sung. I can only remember dhoom tana and a song or two from Main hoon na.
& the he said "They use software's and tweak it till they get a good sound out of pathetic singers". Talk about damn disrespectful !
I'm sorry but that just ticked me off ! A R Rahman launched Naresh Iyer, Blaaze and many others into the film/music industry ! & Naresh is like .. i love him :) <3 lol
shaztea thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
this man hates gud singers nd composers,
he always bashes the talentd atif aslam too