Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ankit_nyc thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: desicrowd

Hmmm...doesn't that apply to Dharmu too ankit...he too runs one of the many dance institutes...? dono mein farak kya phir πŸ˜†....

πŸ˜› Hi DC, the farak is that we've actually seen D sir's students in the actual DID show.....couple of them were selected to be in the show....there was even that little girl who was brought in to perform in DID 2 who was D sir's student.....Haven't seen, or heard of anyone from Jai's "successful" dance institute in the public eye.........πŸ˜›
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

πŸ˜› I had never heard of Rajeev and Marzi before this season as well but that doesn't mean they weren't successful........they've choreographed big numbers in Bollywood and by that standard they are successful.........πŸ˜› Jai has finished 4th in DID 1 and finished 2nd in DID Little masters.....to hear people say that he will be better then Rajeev and Geeta etc is a bit comical........😊 and the attitude that Jai has shown, one would think this guy was the next coming of Shaymak Davar......He constantly puts those around him down by calling them undeserving....he did that in DID 1 on live television, and he did it again in DID lil masters........

Hmm, I'll tell you, this is my first season of DID....so can't comment on his character...but I did see him in JDJ, and he was not a sore loser at all, in fact he took it with a smile after the elimination of his contestant(Renuka), so he may have changed for the better, who knows? So, yeah, I think one shouldn't comment on a person's personality unless and until he/she doesn't show any improvement whatsoever.
Edited by debayon - 13 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Its surprising for me to hear that people perceive Jai Kumar Nair as cocky and undeserving. He was unarguably the best dancer in DID season one and much much more versatile and polished than Salman. I don't think he was overconfident at all. He was astutely aware of his caliber and knew that it was not being recognized. Even when he critiqued the voting, it was not a brash bashing or whiny reflective of a sore loser. He accepted his fate with sportsmanship, but merely expressed his perspective.

I've noticed desi audiences are are not very receptive of people who know their abilities and express it. They expect submissive humility and acceptance of fate even when it means short selling yourself. A sore loser is someone who cannot accept defeat gracefully. However, accepting defeat does not mean accepting that one is automatically of a lower caliber. Sometimes luck does not favor the deserving. There are more sore winners than losers sometimes as people win or reach far without acknowledging all the lucky breaks they have.

As for choreography it is a completely different ball game. Choreography requires working with different people and extracting the best of their abilities. Jai while exceptionally creative and capable in his own dancing has not fully adapted to the role of mentor and teacher. It is a much sharper learning curve. I'm not saying he is better than anyone as a choreographer and he is still developing that aspect. Hopefully, breaks like JDJ, working with Rajeev Surti will help him sharpen his skills.
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Jai needs to chill with his arrogance and over-confidence...

"I am the best dancer/choreographer in India no wait the world. If you don't think I am, then you have no eye for talent" was one of his FB statuses during DID LM. Not gonna write what he wrote about Jeetu in another one his statuses
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
D-sir's facebook status when he lost DID2 was

"Thanks for your support and Love ... and Thanks for your lots of votes... with out your love i cann't reach to the finale... and Congrats to Shakti.. for the 1st Position... but the place which i make in your heart its the biggest winning gift for me... Love you all Fans... and I will meet u soon...................."

-Diya- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I love you Jai.....Cant wai8 4 your chorography.....I know u will def Rock it!
Love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much!!!!
Cant wai8πŸ€—
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Its surprising for me to hear that people perceive Jai Kumar Nair as cocky and undeserving. He was unarguably the best dancer in DID season one and much much more versatile and polished than Salman. I don't think he was overconfident at all. He was astutely aware of his caliber and knew that it was not being recognized. Even when he critiqued the voting, it was not a brash bashing or whiny reflective of a sore loser. He accepted his fate with sportsmanship, but merely expressed his perspective.

I've noticed desi audiences are are not very receptive of people who know their abilities and express it. They expect submissive humility and acceptance of fate even when it means short selling yourself. A sore loser is someone who cannot accept defeat gracefully. However, accepting defeat does not mean accepting that one is automatically of a lower caliber. Sometimes luck does not favor the deserving. There are more sore winners than losers sometimes as people win or reach far without acknowledging all the lucky breaks they have.

As for choreography it is a completely different ball game. Choreography requires working with different people and extracting the best of their abilities. Jai while exceptionally creative and capable in his own dancing has not fully adapted to the role of mentor and teacher. It is a much sharper learning curve. I'm not saying he is better than anyone as a choreographer and he is still developing that aspect. Hopefully, breaks like JDJ, working with Rajeev Surti will help him sharpen his skills.

Being a good human being and gracious in defeat is not a desi quality but an universal human quality. People in any country don't respond well to people putting down the winners of a contest after the contest is done..........I live here in the states and have been watching talent shows, sports etc for years and I can honestly say that people here don't like people who make excuses for their defeats and put down winners of the contest by calling them undeserving etc......Jai can be confident all he wants but to put down the winners by calling them undeserving etc is just unsportsman like.........It wasn't even close in DID 1, he finished 4th for god's sake.......He didn't even finish in the top 3......and then what he did in DID lil masters is just the height of unsportsmanship.........He went after a little kid, Jeetu and also called him undeserving and said only his contestant deseved to win..........People the world over teach their kids to be humble in defeat and in victory........Being arrogant in defeat is looked down the world over NOT just in India........I don't recall the finalists in any of the American shows bashing the winner by calling them undeserving and if they did then they were hammered by the media for being sore losers as they should be because that kind of behavior should not be encouraged.........Are we to teach the kids to never accept defeat and never congratulate the winner? Are we to teach the kids to turn around and blame everyone like Jai does after defeat? Is that what we should be teaching the kids of today?
PS --- I thought D sir was better then Shakti in DID 2 but that doesn't mean I will call Shakti undeserving just because she won.........Salman, Siddhesh, and Alisha all finished ahead of Jai.....If he or his fans think it was unfair then fine all fans feel that it was unfair when their favorites don't win but that doesn't mean we go and bash the winners and the audience.......If the audience was wrong, Zee rigged the votes etc, then go out in the real world and prove everyone wrong by being successful........😊
Edited by ankit_nyc - 13 years ago
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Hmm, I'll tell you, this is my first season of DID....so can't comment on his character...but I did see him in JDJ, and he was not a sore loser at all, in fact he took it with a smile after the elimination of his contestant(Renuka), so he may have changed for the better, who knows? So, yeah, I think one shouldn't comment on a person's personality unless and until he/she doesn't show any improvement whatsoever.

πŸ˜› Jai has gotten good amount of chances to prove himself as gracious in defeat........He finished 4th in DID 1 and had the chance to be gracious in defeat and was not gracious at all........then again in DID lil masters he had the chance to be gracious in defeat.....he was gracious while the cameras were on and then he turned around and viciously went after a little kid, Jeetumoni by calling him undeserving and saying he only won becasue he is cute and not because of his talent etc and that only his contestant deserved to win............even his friend Mayuresh turned on him in DID lil masters by calling him arrogant, so you see with Jai it's a pattern of being arrogant and unsportsman like....it's not an isolated incident..........πŸ˜› I must admit though I often wonder how he'll act when he actually wins something.......πŸ˜›
zaabemard thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Geeta has never won DID and we have seen so much sore loser behavior from her. πŸ˜†
AUMM thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shastradhari

@ AUMM:

You meant Jai, not Dharmesh😊

OH YES, JAI NOT DHARMESH, MY MISTAKE....