Pooja Batra files for divorce from hubby of 8 yrs

bollygossipgirl thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Pooja Batra files for divorce from hubby of 8 yrs

Pooja Batra has filed for a divorce from Los Angeles-based orthopedic surgeon Dr Sonu Ahluwalia, whom she married over eight years ago.

Says a source, "Pooja and her husband have separated and are filing for divorce in Los Angeles. She moved out of Sonu's home a few months ago."

Frequent trips

Over the last couple of years, Batra has been making frequent trips to India, giving rise to speculation that there was trouble brewing in the marriage. She was spotted at film parties and B-Town events quite a bit last year. She had even arranged for Sylvester Stallone to work in Kambakkht Ishq.

According to the source, "Apparently, Sonu wanted children and Pooja didn't. She felt that it would affect her figure. She wants a career in Hollywood and has been going for auditions but things aren't going her way. She has now rented a place in LA where she stays.

"It's very sad that they may be splitting up. Sonu is a fantastic guy and is a famous doctor there. He tolerated all her nakhras, bought her a lovely home, a swanky car and was paying for her acting and make-up classes. When they came down last year they seemed very happy together."

Pooja could not be reached for comment.

Shaadi Ki Baat
Pooja and Sonu tied the knot on February 9, 2003 at a glittering wedding ceremony in New Delhi with people from the modelling fraternity in attendance. Pooja wore a red Azeem Khan outfit specially designed for the wedding. Pooja has acted in films like Virasaat and Haseena Maan Jayegi.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/gupshup/2011/pooja-batra-sonu-ahluwalia-divorce-280111-aid0064.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If this is the case and if this is true, I feel sorry about that husband.
If this is true, then that's really pathetically sad.

I think, regarding the issue of children, you figure out with your partner before marriage whether you want kids or not and how many, not after. So, as terrible as the situation is, they both should have known before.

Pooja Batra and Hollywood career...When I think of Hollywood career for Indians, I think of Kal Penn. You really have to work hard and make a mark if you want people to know you, especially if you're of Indian heritage. And even Kal Penn isn't a movie star. I don't know what she planned on doing
Prabhkallu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That is so sad.. Pity the husband.
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

pictures of Pooja with her hubby
Don't really want to comment on her marriage and the issue of children but seriously- Pooja Batra is a terrible actress. She couldnt make it in Bollywood, what makes her think she will click in Hollywood. It aint gonna happen 👎🏼
It's their marriage, only they would know what really happened. I'm not surprised by the sexist agenda of the media, they always blame the woman. 👎🏼
ladygaga thumbnail
This is the weirdest reason for asking for a divorce... some how it sounds true to me.. why would anyone spread any negative rumours about Pooja.. its not like she has any enemies in the industry... or some one is gonna benefit from the rumours..
_notinuse_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hope 89

pictures of Pooja with her hubby

He's not bad looking...lol sorry I know it's unrelated. But honestly I would have thought she married an old doctor, clearly that's not the case.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Pooja Batra wants go into Hollywood?🤣