Anushka Shetty in bolly - TB

kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

As most of us like her, i thought of posting this here

It's Anushka Shetty for Ajay-Rohit's Next

Sunday, January 23, 2011 | 2:20:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 6 Comments
It's Anushka Shetty for Ajay-Rohit's Next

Apparently, the trend of Southern beauties flocking tinsel town is still at a high. After the likes of Asin and Trisha making big entries in Bollywood, it is now Anushka Shetty's turn to try her luck in B-town.

Apparently, the trend of Southern beauties flocking tinsel town is still at a high. After the likes of Asin and Trisha making big entries in Bollywood, it is now Anushka Shetty's turn to try her luck in B-town. The latest buzz is that the actress, who is already a celebrity down South, has been roped in to play the female protagonist opposite Ajay Devgn in Rohit Shetty's upcoming action flick.

The movie is a remake of the Tamil BlockbusterSingam and it was heard that the actor-director duo, bidding high hopes on the project have been in search of a fresh face ever since the project idea was formalized. Apparently, Anushka has been high on their list of considered candidates for the past several weeks. Rumors, around December last year, had it that the Shetty girl initially turned down the offer in lieu of not adding herself to the list of 'desperate to migrate northwards' South Indian actresses. However, latest gossip dispels all such notions, while confirming Anushka as having stepped aboard the venture. She also happens to have played the leading lady in the original Tamil version opposite superstar Suriya, before bagging this role for the Hindi remake, thereby making her Bollywood debut.

If the sources are to be believed, things have already been finalized and a final announcement is on the cards very soon.

Here's wishing Anushka Shetty best of luck on her debut and hoping the film fares well at the box-office.

Author: Harsha U.

link : http://india-forums.com/bollywood/bollywood-events/18218-it-anushka-shetty-for-ajay-rohit-next.htm#1263871

personally, i didn't like the movie singam/yamudu....n also i don't think that movie will fit in bolly

i don't know whether it is a right/wrong choice

anyway Good Luck Anushka!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muffins2waffles thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

She's my favorite actress, so wishing her all the best.

But what I don't like is that all these actresses that go up North and make it big forget the South after awhile :(
Edited by aishi.muffin - 13 years ago
sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow cool Anushka! Hope the movie does well 😃
isomers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
stay down south, stay down south! darn, all the good ones are leaving.
what's with the bolly fever anyways, your popular down south..why not just stay?
oh well, since it's a new step for..I wish her all the best! (:
Edited by -Nitya- - 13 years ago
^ I know, right?! Ever since Genelia and Asin went up there, South movies with them are like rare. Anushka's my favorite actress and I don't want her to go, lol.
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

^ But Genelina was introduced first in Bollywood before she migrated to the South and went back to North again😆

I wish Anuskha all the best and hope she rock. However, Singam story was not appealing, it become hit only cause of Suryas acting there⭐️ I doubt it will be any hit in bolly with Ajay 🤔

isomers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^ really?😲 I thought Boys was Genelia's first movie. What was her first movie then?
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^ The one with Ritesh, i think tujhe meri kasam🤔
^ Oh yea! Forgot about that. I meant Asin (Trisha kind of) then, lol.
Of course I wish Anushka all the best, I just hope she still does South movies (:
Edited by aishi.muffin - 13 years ago