migan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

A R Rahman nominated for Golden Globe Awards

For his score in the movie 127 Hours
By ApunKaChoice
Tue, Dec 14, 2010 16:14:36 GMT
3Share

A R Rahman has won a Golden Globe nomination in the Best Original Score category for his music in the film 127 Hours.

The Indian musician had earlier won a Golden Globe and two Oscars in 2008 for his score in Danny Boyle's film Slumdog Millionaire. Coincidentally, 127 Hours, for which Rahman has now bagged the Golden Globe nomination, is also directed by Boyle.

Rahman's compositions in the film have been described by critics as "haunting tracks" with "wonderful crescendos".

Other nominees in the same category include: Alexandre Desplat for The King's Speech, Danny Elfman for Alice in Wonderland, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for The Social Network and Hans Zimmer for Inception.

Hans Zimmer won the award for the movie Inception. regardless it is a big thing getting nominated. Next stop Oscar? Way to go ARR

Edited by migan - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This is freaking coool!!! Hope he wins it again! Jai Ho ARR!! 😃⭐️
isomers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
why doesn't that surprise me? 😆
Congratulations ARR! I really do hope Oscar is next on the list! (:
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Yeah i heard this sometimes in December and couldn't be any happier..... our mozart of madress deserves itttttt ⭐️👏
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I am not surprised..If he doesn't win then who deserves to win..He lives music and He is what music is all about..