Quit DID as I....Terence Lewis

surmai_shaam thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Quit Dance India Dance as I felt need for a change: Terence Lewis
Press Trust of India
Sunday, January 16, 2011 (Mumbai)
Share this on Rediff.com  Print | A+   A-
Choreographer Terence Lewis, who attained fame as one of the judges in reality show Dance India Dance (DID), says he decided to quit the show as he felt the need for a change and to explore.

"I am completely indebted to Zee TV for giving me DID as it brought me recognition and made me a household name. It was DID that gave me the platform to connect with audience. I will miss the show," Lewis told PTI.

Lewis has now taken over the task of judging Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenge, along with actor-dancer Javed Jaffery and sultry actress Mallika Sherawat.

"It was time to do something different and move on. And by move on I don't mean you cut off your relationship. I wanted to explore and experiment other things. One must learn to change with time.

"TV connects you with the audience which films can't do. One becomes the dinner table discussion. We are almost there in their house," he said.

Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenge, which went on air Saturday, has 12 teams, between the age group of six to sixty, performing in groups of four or more.

"With group dance one can explore things like a movie theme, create stories, drama. Group dancing is new to television. It is an international culture that is still growing in India," Lewis said

Print | A+   A-

Edited by surmai_shaam - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I miss him on DID, but I saw him CDD. It's good he's trying to bring good notice to other types of dances. Group dances need to gain more popularity in India, so if people watch CDD for him, maybe the interest in group dancing might too? 
-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
He's coming back in DID 3 though
uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
WHAT??

I thought Terrence will come back on DID 3 along with Remo and Geetha..Hope he wl change his mind.. Terrence is imp part of DID..

Wl Miss him 😭
-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
He confirmed that he'll be back on DID 3
Summer3 thumbnail
Glad he is coming back.
Chak Dhoom is a downgrade as standards are much lower.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
I really hope he is back in DID3. Without Terence DID won't be same :(
Its_Sash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Glad he is coming back.

Chak Dhoom is a downgrade as standards are much lower.

Not really summer!

This time the teams are quite good and judges are doing their job very well. Previously I also had this type of notion. But this time I am compelled to watch it since TL is there ðŸ˜³ and found it quite good. I've never seen Javed Jafri being so vocal about  the tcehnicalities of dancing 😛According to me the judging is definitely much better than DID Doubles this time.😃 the only  irritating thing in CDD is the host  
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Its_Sash

Not really summer!

This time the teams are quite good and judges are doing their job very well. Previously I also had this type of notion. But this time I am compelled to watch it since TL is there ðŸ˜³ and found it quite good. I've never seen Javed Jafri being so vocal about  the tcehnicalities of dancing 😛According to me the judging is definitely much better than DID Doubles this time.😃 the only  irritating thing in CDD is the host  

Yeah, CDD is great. 
rose-girl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

hmmmm...did is not the same widout TL:/

I want more dance thn circus in DID! Guyz dnt kill me for this but dnt u all thin tht sometym they show us circus thn dance? i mean the choreographers and the participants r sooo extremely talented tht they can show us dance:)