Sharmila Tagore on Saif, Kareena, Soha

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Amma jaan 😳
Sharmila Tagore on Saif-Kareena & Soha

I was sent a list of questions for Sharmila Tagore by a colleague in our Mumbai bureau. The interview was part of our Bollywood blockbusters series. At the end of the interview, I added some questions on Saif-Kareena and Soha and thought I'd share parts of the on and off camera conversation with the legend.

SM: Do you ever talk about marriage with your kids? How much time do you get with them ?

Sharmila Tagore: We are not the kind of family who would exchange gifts everyday, who would call up each day to say 'Oh, I miss you so much', no. All of us have our own lives we are doing very well, so we need our space. Me and Tiger also want to enjoy our lives now... we have what, about 15 years left?

Yes, we are all there for each other so if I call Saif today he would immediately come. Now, to answer the first part of your question we do discuss marriage. But you see times have changed, there is no pressure on these kids to get married.

So when it happens we will let everyone know, no point in speculating.

SM: Do you and Kareena get along ?

Sharmila Tagore (smiling): I get along with most people, with everyone. So I get along with Kareena as well, she is so calm and collective and a fantastic actor.

Saif on the other hand is mercurial, they make a great couple.

SM: And Soha?

Sharmila Tagore: I'm extremely proud of Soha. She has done some fantastic roles like Khoya Khoya Chand. I get an occasional SMS from her saying certain magazine has written something about her, and then she makes me speak to the editor - which I do. But I tell her - you see you have to ignore such things. It's all part of being a public figure.

I keep pushing her to do some research or PhD to leave films but she is enjoying it so much, she doesn't listen to me.

SM: Sharmila ji, thank you for talking to us.

(We stop rolling now, rest of the conversation is off camera)

SM : You know, once I had to interview Soha; she was in Eagle Studios, Noida. The moment I entered the room she asked me for Mumbai Mirror's editor's number. She was absolutely livid, she said they had fabricated a story about her being with Kunal (Khemu) and ...

Sharmila Tagore: ...her getting drunk and losing control at some farmhouse? (smiles) Yes, that was the one. Now poor thing she doesn't drink and they wrote something about her getting drunk and all, so she called me and told me to speak to the editor and all.

I mean... (she thinks for a moment) ...some tabloids went to this extent to say Saif is not Tiger's son. They said can you imagine some of them came up with that? So what do you do? You have to ignore all this.

SM: Yes, I understand. Soha's done some nice films - Mumbai Meri Jaan etc. Unfortunately hasn't fared so well at the box office.

Sharmila Tagore: Yes, she's done some really nice roles, she's done well for herself. She doesn't take money from us, she's bought a flat on her own, she even sends us gifts. I am extremely proud of her, but I don't miss an opportunity to tell her to do something other than films (laughs) .

SM: I heard Martin Scorsese is a big fan of yours. He used to watch Satyajit Ray's films and you were the star...

Sharmila Tagore: Yes, I know but have you heard recently about Francis (Ford) Coppola? He too swears by our films...

SM: Wow! That's some fan following!

Sharmila Tagore: Yes it is!

That's about it. I will try and write about the 10 best films of 2010 in a day or two. Waiting to watch 127 Hours and Beautiful.

http://ibnlive.in.com/blogs/sushantmehta/329/62139/sharmila-tagore-on-saifkareena--soha.html
Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow kwl interview thanks for sharing
31609 thumbnail
thts sweet....its nice when veterans like sharmila tagore and shabana azmi appreciate kareena...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...😳