Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Mandira gifts new car to parents
By: Vickey Lalwani
April 7, 2006

Mandira bedi
Mandira Bedi has just gifted her parents with a brand new Honda City (Automatic).

The silver car was delivered fully decorated to her parents' residence in Delhi. "The car dealer is my father's friend and he added the icing to the cake," says Mandira.

Bedi says that for a long time, she was looking for the right present for her parents —and she knew they were planning to buy a new car soon.

The Bedis already had two cars — an old Honda City and a Scorpio — but since the City was giving them trouble, they wanted to dispose of it. As her mum's birthday was on March 21 and her dad's birthday is today (April 7), Mandira decided the time was just right.

Background check

She started with the homework. "I wanted to know which car and model they were planning to purchase. I rang up my dad's friend and brother, and found out that it was the Honda City (Automatic)."

Mandira Bedi with her parents
In the first week of March, Mandira flew to Delhi and met the car dealer.

"I managed to get my dad's PAN number and photographs from him — he did not suspect why I wanted them. I just said I needed them for some formalities of my own."

In the last week of March, Mandira went to Delhi again. On the day when the car was going to be delivered, her dad was at the golf club and her mum was home. "I told my mum to accompany me to the gate.

Soon, I saw dad returning from the club. Seeing the car and realising I had planned the whole thing, my folks had tears in their eyes."

Brother mad

Mandira's brother Harmeet would have loved to be to be a part of the plan, but Mandira went ahead without him.

The Scorpio was gifted jointly by Mandira and Harmeet, two years ago. "He almost stopped talking to me after he learnt that I had gifted them the car on my own; he's still mad about it," says Mandira.

The senior Bedis don't like taking gifts from their beti or her brother, she says. "After the car, they have started showering me with jewellery and shares.

Anyway, gifting something to my parents, who have stood by me throughout, gives me tremendous joy and satisfaction. This was one of the happiest moments in my life," signs off a teary Mandira.

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Fire brigade on Deal Ya No Deal
By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Friday, April 07, 2006

Get ready to watch now Fire Brigade on Deal Ya No Deal this Friday, April 7th at 8.00 p.m. The fireman from Mumbai Pradeep Ganpat Sawant plays the money game on India's easiest game show with the gorgeous Mandira Bedi. He declined five bank offers worth 33,000 - 5,65000 - 3,33,333 - 55,555 and 7,77,777.

Finally he settled to win Rs. 4,44,444. He refused to open the briefcase (Deal) and there he lost 10,00,000. He wants to buy a house, car and another house in his village from the winning money. Watch it all on Sony Entertainment channel this Friday, 7th April at 8.00 p.m.
monika.goel thumbnail
Mandira quits 'Deal Ya No Deal 2'
IANS
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 13:30 IST

MUMBAI: Mandira Bedi has quit as host of the popular game show "Deal Ya No Deal 2" on Sony TV citing prior commitments.

"In series three of 'Deal Ya No Deal' some new elements are being introduced. This requires extra time for rehearsals and due to my prior commitments to cricket I would be unable to devote the required time to the show," said Mandira in a press release.

Series three of the game show begins April 28 at 8 p.m. with a new look and new host. It will be telecast once a week on Fridays.

Host of the first series actor R. Madhavan also left on grounds of time constraints.

monika.goel thumbnail
Bhangda on Deal Ya No Deal

Narendra Pal rejected bank offers woth Rs 1,80,000, Rs 4,00,000, Rs 5,00,000, and more. He rejected all offers and offered to take the amount in the briefcase. He finally won Rs 25,00,000 which were in his briefcase. This is what you call taking right decision at the right time and deep gut feeling when you decide something. Watch this great gambler play on this Baisakhi special episode with Mandira Bedi on Deal Ya No Deal on Sony at 8 pm.

By THE TELLY CHAKKAR TEAM
Posted on 13 April 2006 12:10 pm
monika.goel thumbnail

</>

"I keep making deals with God"

There are times in all our lives, when we desire the need for divine intervention; times, when life refuses to acknowledge the seemingly obvious and decides to take refuge in a world that is far away from ours. A world that gives the body and mind the spiritual healing that it yearns for. We, at Telly Chakkar.com decided to delve deeper into the lives of our favourite stars and know a little about their lives beyond the obvious.

Mandira Bedi - an actor, cricket commentator and a theatre person all rolled into one! A Sardarni to the hilt, the actor's family hails from Pakistan. She surely is a firm believer in God, although she doesn't follow any one particular religion. From visiting the Siddhi Vinayak temple to going to Shirdi she has relied on God for every tough situation she has had to face in life.

Kavita Shyam spoke to the god fearing Mandira

"I keep having dialogues with God"
I believe in God and I keep having a constant dialogue with the supreme authority every now and then. I pray to God atleast once a day. My prayers are full of thanks to him and it's not for anything else. I would say God has been kind to me and I feel energised after talking to him.

"You have to get a calling from God"
Plenty of times I have walked up to the Siddhi Vinayak temple from my house (in Bandra). I go to the church to pray besides I go to Shirdi once a year without fail!I believe that when you get the calling from God you end up going to the temple. I keep making deals with God. I have a small mandir at the entrance of my house and it has Mother Mary, Buddha, Shiv-Parvati and Krishna and every one who comes home , makes sure to matha teko and pray.

"I ask God for the right path"
I keep making mannat to God for many things but they are not for materialistic things. I find myself asking God for the right directions in life. I share a good relationship with God and I know if I find myself depressed or in a bad situation and have no answers for them I can safely turn to God and seek my answers from him and feel God by my side.

"I don't dwell on depressions and my past"
I have a firm belief and faith in God than in the rituals. I fast on Mondays only but it's not for religious reasons. I know that God has plans for me. I don't give myself time to dwell on any kind of depression and I take every negativity or situation as a learning experience. I have never questioned God's presence ever.

Posted on 13 March 2006 10:30 pm
http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/apr/13apr/soulcurry_mandira .php

monika.goel thumbnail
Rajeev contends Deal Ya No Deal
By: Tusshar Joshi
April 15, 2006

Rajeev Kandelwal
In the last few weeks it was reported that Sony's Deal Ya No Deal was all set to undergo a major makeover.

Not only has Mandira Bedi bid goodbye to the show, but the show is set to move from a daily to a weekly slot.

The search for the new anchor is apparently on.

However, sources claim that the search has ended and Rajeev Khandelwal is the new anchor for the show.

According to an insider, "Rajeev is in talks with the channel for the show. He's definitely someone they are keen to have on the show. He's popular with the crowd and is capable of carrying off something of this sort. He's the prime contender at this moment. "

Rajeev: Big bucks

Khandelwal was unavailable for comment, while the channel too is unwilling to reveal the truth. Our source also revealed that Khandelwal is likely to be paid as much as a lakh per episode.

"I think by next week it will be clear if Rajeev has signed on the dotted line. The auditions are still happening, but as of now it looks like Khandelwal may be the right candidate."

Recently, it was reported that Rajeev is on the verge of taking up Tony and Deeya Singh's new show Left Right Left and is in talks to work with his former co-star Aamna Shariff for another show.

Where will Rajeev get the time to host DYND? "An actor doesn't take more than four to five days in a month to shoot for the game show. It shouldn't be too difficult for Rajeev to adjust his dates if he wants to," said a source on the show.

Deal Or No Deal ka ateet

In the past Madhavan and Mandira Bedi have hosted the game show. Madhavan quit the show as he felt it was taking too much of his time, while Mandira had to move to Extraaa Innings on Set Max.

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/april/135279.htm
Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Mandira Bedi

Celebs kick-start Heart Beat

Producer Siddhartha Basu will have a bevy of famous personalities on his show

Subhash K Jha

Ajay Jadeja, Isha Koppiker, Vinod Kambli, Ronit Roy, Pooja Bedi, Varun Bandola ,Mandira Bedi… famous names from various walks of life will be seen vying for prizes on the forthcoming show Heart Beat. The show will start from May 1.

The show purports to be different from the rest. "It is actually based on the concept of the heartbeat," says Star's Deepak Sehgal. "Instead of timing the contestants by the clock they'll be timed by every heartbeat. This will give the quiz an exciting never-before edge. Plus, the phone lines and the Internet will be available to contestants throughout, so they can call up for help any time."

"The most interesting feature of Heart Beat is that it will have no host. Just the contestant holding fort in an isolated chamber where all we'll hear is his or her heartbeat. The time that each contestant will get to answer will depend entirely on the heartbeat. So if you're a nervous sort and prone to palpitations your time will be relatively limited," says producer Siddhartha Basu.

The show will feature only celebrities to begin with. But it will extend it's reach to the common people later. "It all depends on which way the show goes," says the producer.

monika.goel thumbnail

Former Sujal now TV host

Rajeev Khandelwal takes over Mandira Bedi's role on Deal Ya No Deal

Subhash K Jha

Come May, and Rajeev Khandelwal will begin a new innings as TV anchor. After Mandira Bedi bids adieu to Deal Ya No Deal, Khandelwal will take the show forward. It will be a role different from the kinds he's known to play, but the actor has been preparing. "It is quite a responsibility, not only because Madhavan and Mandira managed the show before, but also because the show is going in for a completely new look," the actor-turned-anchor says.

Rajeev has been undergoing intense rehearsals before stepping into the studios for the main recording on April 20. "I'm doing it because I want to experiment with new challenges. I played a romantic role in Kahiin To Hoga and an action role in Time Bomb. After a small stint on the thriller CID, I did a music video for Saru, in which I was seen as a very romantic character. Now, I want to do something entirely different. I'm extremely excited about Deal Ya No Deal. It takes me to an alien territory," he says.

Rajeev is new to the art of wielding the mike and hosting a show. He says, "At first when they approached me I chickened out. On second thoughts I decided to follow the motto – winners are never quitters, and quitters are never winners. So, I decided to give it a try. I appeared for a number of auditions and told them I'd do it only when they thought I was ready to do it."

Rajeev is confident, but anxious. "I know I'm comfortable with the idea of anchoring Deal Ya No Deal. But how I finally manage, remains to be seen. I'm dying to see the results. It's very risky for me to take over a show on which Mandira was the host earlier. We all know that she excels as an anchor. But the channel wanted to use my USP…namely my image as a known TV face on fiction programming. If it doesn't work, I'd know about one more thing that I will never attempt again in life."

Besides acquiring a new anchor, the show will now go through a full revamp in terms of look and content, adopting the American Deal Ya No Deal format of 26 instead of 22 boxes.

monika.goel thumbnail
Deal goes in for new set to match new host

Studio number five in Mumbai's Film City is witnessing a flurry of activity. Gone are the bright ambers and golds, and gone too is vivacious hostess Mandira Bedi. Sony's newly-gone-weekly game show Deal Ya No Deal will be hosted by Rajeev Khandelwal from 28 April. And Film City is turning all sleek and black to suit the revamped image of the Miditech produced show.

Being himself - Rajeev in his new avatar

Carpenters are busy at work on the sets, which has a much larger look than the earlier hosted by Mandira, and initially by R Madhavan. The USP of the set is a huge grey vault, through which Rajeev will emerge into a lighted corridor that leads into the main set. None of Mandira's chirpy demeanour will be apparent here. Rajeev's entry into the sets will be accompanied by 26 well known models who will wield the all important briefcases containing amounts ranging from 25 paise to 10 million rupees. On Tuesday, executives from Endemol, which owns the original format, were present on the set, going over the finishing touches to the revamp.

The host's look matches the set. A slimmer, trimmer Rajeev, back after a hiatus from television, will don sleek dark suits and will definitely not be as garrulous as Mandira was in the earlier edition. The makers would prefer him to 'be himself' instead, using those brooding soulful eyes to his advantage as he steers participants from one level of avarice to another. A team has been working with Rajeev for the last 10 days, instructing him in the nuances of the show, which he considers one of the biggest challenges in his acting career thus far.

"I am not the kind who would push people into wrangling for more money, but I will just encourage them into doing what they feel is right," says the actor, who for long symbolised the perennially pensive Sujal in Star Plus' Kahiin To Hoga till he opted out of the late night Balaji show last May. "I have purposely stayed away from watching earlier episodes of Deal... hosted by Madhavan and Mandira, as I didn't want to be influenced by either," reflects the actor, who directed TV documentaries prior to getting into modeling and then acting.

Rajeev will soon also be seen in Tony and Deeya Singh's new show Left, Right, Left on Sab TV, in which he plays an armyman, a role he chose over many other offers, after much deliberation.

Stay clued to this space for an exclusive exhaustive interview with the reticent heartthrob.

Pic by Satej Shinde

By THE TELLY CHAKKAR TEAM
Posted on 18 April 2006 4:30 pm
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Rajeev Khandelwal to anchor Deal Ya No Deal
It's no deal for Mandira Bedi. The actress-turnedhost has opted out of Sony TV's Deal Ya No Deal (DYND) after replacing actor R. Madhavan in January this year.

"I am not quitting. Instead, it's a mutual decision between me and Sony TV," she says. In fact, Bedi has already shot her last episode for the show, which is also undergoing changes.

"It now moves from a daily to a weekly slot. Besides, the entire look, feel and grandeur of the game show will be different," maintains Anupama Mandloi, vice-president (programming), Sony India. While Bedi has already shot her last episode, viewers will continue to see her till April end.

"It's the best way to continue our association. And since she has been there done that, we decided to build up the excitement with her as the host," adds Mandloi. Needless to say, Mandira, too, is excited about her new job. "The cricket season is here. I couldn't have asked for anything better," she exclaims. After her 2004 stint, Mandira will again present Extraaa Innings for the forthcoming cricket series. The small screen hunk Rajeev Khandelwal of Kahiin To Hoga fame will soon step in Mandira's shoes to host DYND. "I am not replacing Mandira as it's a completely new season with a fresh format," says Rajeev adding that TV hosting is an alien territory for him. "But I am confident about it since I am being extensively trained for it," he adds. Actor R. Madhavan had left the show early this year.