Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 18 years ago

Deal Ya No Deal celebrates Valentines with 'Anjaani Ladki'

Love is certainly in the air with Valentines Day this week. Sony Entertainment Television plays cupid as it brings together the charming couple from Ek Ladki Anjaani Si on the sets of Deal Ya No Deal. This Wednesday, February 15 the 'Anjaani Ladki', Kanchi Kaul and the handsome Shakti Anand will play India's easiest game show Deal Ya No Deal with ravishing Mandira Bedi.

The episode will see spunky Anu (Kanchi) driving to the sets on her cute bike 'Dhanno' and also dashing Shakti Anand flirting around with two pretty ladies.

Lots of tender hearts flying around as the duo try to get as lucky as they can to take away a lot of moolah home on this Valentines Day. The proceeds of the prize money will go to 'Make a Wish Foundation' - a charitable institution which works for the under privileged. So watch Miss Congeniality - Mandira playing Deal Ya No Deal with television's sweetest couple Kanchi (Anu) and Shakti (Nikhil) on Wednesday, February 15th at 8.30 pm.

The Series 2 of Deal Ya No Deal with Mandira on the board includes interesting elements like new sets, more drama, more glitz and glamour, exciting deals and fabulous prizes, that will help to take the show to the next gaming level. However, the show will continue with its simple and easy format that makes this show the easiest game show on television. No difficult questions, no muscle power, only one Mantra Deal Ya No deal.

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deal Ya No Deal with Kaamwali Bhais
By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Thursday, March 02, 2006

Miss Congeniality, the talented dusky beauty Mandira Bedi has been soaring very high on small screen since quite long. You are watching her currently on two most popular shows of television - Sony Entertainment's 'Deal Ya No Deal' and Sahara One's 'Dial One'.

This lass does not leave any stone unturned to impress the viewers. Now she is shoving Sony Entertainment's mega game show 'Deal Ya No Deal' to the heights of popularity with her heart-hitting personality and bubbly style. 'Deal Ya No Deal' has been presenting innovative ideas on the show taking the people from different walks of life on the sets to play games.

Now get ready to watch another innovation on this fiesta. Well, you have seen them in your home cleaning and cooking. Yes, they are the Kaamwali Bhais, who are appearing on the program this Friday, 3rd March 2006 at 9.00 p.m.

Soni Arvi, a maid since her childhood and a mother of two, is under the big burden of responsibilities as her husband is alcoholic and does not work. Watch her playing the game with Mandira Bedi this Friday on 3rd March at 9.00 p.m. on Sony Entertainment channel.

'Deal Ya No Deal' airs on every Wednesday - Friday on Sony Entertainment Channel at 9.00 p.m.

http://movies.indiainfo.com/television/kaamwaali-020306.htm
Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Shukra Hai, Shukravaar Hai, Sony Hai
(Wednesday, Mar 08, 2006 - 06:00 am)
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent
Weekends have always been very special & popular on Sony Entertainment Television. With the new Friday line-up the viewers will now get a complete variety of entertainment that cuts across all age group and all genres, fun 'n' games, action, drama, suspense and spicy gossip, which makes Friday viewing so wholesome & entertaining. Sony Entertainment Television in their endeavour to bring innovative & fresh shows presents an entire band of shows in Shukra Hai… Shukravaar Hai… with two very popular shows along with two new shows that will jazz up Friday nights from March 10, 8.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m.

Commenting on the new Friday line-up, N. P. Singh, COO, SET India said, "Sony Entertainment Television has been providing its viewers with a wide range of choices in programming that is trendy, innovative and wholesome family viewing. The brand new Friday is our continued effort to give the viewers a lot more variety in entertainment which will include fun & games, adventure & action, drama & suspense loads of spicy gossip & lots of fun & excitement for all."

Deal Ya No Deal is the easiest game show on television with the hottest host, Mandira Bedi, who helps the participants to win up to Rs. 1 Crore. The simple game show has made many a dream came true. Deal Ya No Deal, in its new timings, 9.00 p.m., has Mandira Bedi going all out to help contestants make the best deal even as the banker tests their guts, wits and ability in making the right choices. There's a lot of fun 'n' games, drama, emotions as each participant takes on the boxes that contains the moolah. Ever Friday, March 10 onwards at 8.00 – 9.00 p.m.

Fear Factor - Jo darr gaya so mar gaya--A true test of stamina and guile for those willing to put their body and soul on the line for Rs 10 lakhs each week. Participants of the show are some of India's well-known television actors, actresses and common people. The action-reality show will take viewers through extreme emotions, thrill and excitement. The show requires participants to confront their most primal fears, try to remain calm and tap into their inner strength to perform daredevil, death defying and stomach churning challenges ever seen on Indian television before. Every Friday, March 10 onwards at 9:00 – 10:00 pm.

CID – Ek Din Ek Case-Har shukravaar ek nayi tehkikaat – Sony Entertainment Television's longest running thriller show CID now goes 1 hour. Watch your favourite cops face tough criminals, look for clues, find the suspect and crack the toughest cases all in one episode! Every Friday, March 10 onwards at 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.

Kandy Floss –Kuch meethi bahut teekhi - A bit heated gossip never harmed any one. Now for something hot 'n' spicy on Indian Television Ekta Kapoor, the queen of fiction, brings to the viewers some of the juiciest gossip from the glam world we all so much want to be a part of. Hosted by the vivacious and bubbly Archana Puran Singh and a very sexy co-host called Kandy the show revolves around the latest gossip, shocking revelations of TV stars, film stars and the entertainment industry in general. It's Balaji Tele Films' first foray into non-fiction shows. The show will be a slick, fast, peppy & spicy with the viewers getting a peek in to never seen –before spicy happenings in the lives of their favourite stars. Every Friday, March 10 onwards 11.00 –11.30 p.m.
Anastacia thumbnail
Sunday, March 12, 2006
By L. Chougule

W hat do Mandira Bedi, Rakshanda Khan and Aman Verma have in common? They are actors who have made it big as anchors of reality shows. They have had their fair share of success as actors, but it is as anchors that this trio is tasting celebrity. If acting made them television stars, anchoring has made them star hosts. There are as many anchors as there are anchor-based shows, but currently it is Mandira, Rakshanda and Aman who are hogging the limelight in their high profile and well-promoted shows – Deal Ya No Deal, Jodee Kamaal Ki and Indian Idol respectively.
Television actors are often known and remembered by names of the characters they play. But anchors are known by their real names. Says Aman, "With TV it's a case of 'out of sight, out of mind'.

The real test of popularity is when people remember you by your name and not that of the character you play. Anchoring allows you to connect with viewers with your real name and personality. The way you present and conduct yourself, talk, your sense of humour, confidence, poise…everything is the real you."

Aman, who rates himself as a better actor than an anchor, says he has never felt comfortable being known by the name of the character he plays. "I was known as Anupam Kapadia of Kyonki…, but Khullja Sim Sim made viewers forget Anupam Kapadia. My decision to step into hosting was deliberate. It made a huge difference to my career."

Ditto for Mandira who connected with viewers through various character names of her serials like Shanti and Aurat till cricket and Extraa Innings changed it all. "It gave me a platform to explore anchoring, which was considered to be man's territory," smiles Mandira. After the initial hiccups, she carried herself confidently in the company of senior cricketers. "I know I am not an expert, nor am I a commentator. I was not there to analyse the game. I represented the lay viewer, especially women. My job was to retain their interest by bringing the discussion/analysis to the level of lay viewers."

Mandira, who replaced Madhavan in Deal Ya No Deal, has added energy, excitement and drama to a show. "Mandira has added glamour, seductiveness and fun," says Anupama Mandoloi, Sony's vice-president, on-air programming, "We are besieged by phone calls from people wanting to participate in the show. The awareness level has increased, and the show is beginning to pick up. Mandira has made a lot of difference to the show."

In acting, character overshadows the person and the director is the one who calls the shots. "But in anchoring the person controls the proceedings," says Rakshanda Khan who is hosting Jodee Kamaal Ki, a celebrity game show based on the theme of love, companionship and understanding as well as Indian Idol Takatak. "When I am anchoring there's more of Rakshanda and it's more real because I get to project myself. In acting I project and become someone else. The feelings, emotions, gestures and manners are those of the character," says the immaculate and inimitable host who not long played Mallika in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.

However, it can be said too that anchoring has affected their acting careers. Mandira notes sadly that acting offers have almost dried up. Rakshanda is currently playing a sweet and obedient wife in Kyonki…and Aman has picked up a cameo in Ek Ladki Anjani Si and will be soon seen in Viraasat on Star Plus.

Anastacia thumbnail
Noodles and bombil fry

Mandira Bedi
We all know about Mandira Bedi's penchant for noodle straps. Drape her in six yards and her dare-bare blouses are a necessary accompaniment.

We were amused to watch her on the Sony show Deal Ya No Deal, which she anchors.

It was a kaamwalli bai special episode, so all the participants were in their saris draped in the kashta style.

The traditional nose-rings, jewellery, gajras — the bais were in their traditional finery.

Mandira too was dressed likewise. But she had teamed off her sari with a golden sphagetti strap blouse. A bit odd… kinda like having Chinese noodles with bombil fry.

Anastacia thumbnail
Splash colours with Deal Ya No Deal
This Holi, splash colours, eat sumptuous food and play Deal Ya No Deal with the Hasya Kavi's who will make sure that this Holi is a memorable one for you.

"Chhanna Pakaiyya, Chhanna Pakaiyya Chhanna ke Uper Jaiye Rang Roop Rupiyo ko lekar Mandira Sab Par Chaa Jayeee"... this is what Neha Sharad one of the Hasya Kavi's who is a poet and writer exclaimed during the episode. This episode was filled with fun, laughter and a whole load of shayaris from these kavis who made the audience and Mandira go into splits of laughter

Watch Subhash as he unfolds his laughter riot to Mandira and the audiences. This 50 year old, hazirjavabi kavi, who started his career with 'Ghar Jamai', was a liaison officer, who left his job for writing and poetry. So Watch out for Holi Special - Hasya Kavi, this Wednesday, March 15 on Deal Ya No Deal.

The other lucky contestants this week were Sheikh from Mumbai and Vijay Thakur from Gazhiabad who played the game with full enthusiasm to win Rs. 25,50,000 and Rs. 11 lac respectively.

The Series 2 of Deal Ya No Deal with Mandira will continue to surprise you with innovative spikes and also other interesting elements like new sets, more drama, more glitz and glamour, exciting deals and fabulous prizes, that will help to take the show to the next gaming level. However, the show will continue with its simple and easy format that makes this show the easiest game show on television. No difficult questions, no muscle power, only one Mantra Deal Ya No deal
monika.goel thumbnail

Hottest women on TV

Mandira Bedi She made her television soap debut with Shanti. But what really made her a household name was her Extraaa Innings stint on the Sony Set Max channel during the 2003 Cricket World Cup. The men almost focused more on her noodle straps than Sachin Tendulkar's square cuts!

Currently, the attractive Bedi is hosting Deal Ya No Deal

monika.goel thumbnail
Deal Ya No Deal to go weekly from April

The Mandira magic has obviously worked for this one. Deal Ya No Deal, the game show that makes a big deal out of guessing the right box that may contain a fortune, has been pulling in the ratings, slowly but steadily.

Mandira ka magic chalega kya? The 'kaamwali' special on Deal Ya No Deal

Now, in a turn of events, the Miditech produced show plans to turn weekly from April on. Mandira, who replaced R Madhavan as the host two months ago, will of course continue to regale audiences with her distinctly garrulous style of hosting, exulting in their excitement and breaking down at their losses. The show that currently runs Wednesdays through Fridays, will air only Fridays, as part of Sony's newly revamped Shukra Hai Shukravaar Hai lineup.

The show, that was shifted from the original 8:30 pm slot to the 9 pm slot, was repositioned in the 8 pm slot, after the Shukravaar lineup. But the time change stands true only for Fridays. On Wednesday and Thursday, the show currently airs in the 9 pm slot.

The change to the weekly format, sources say, will also allow the show scope to scale up much more, on several fronts. This is likely to reflect on the kind of contestants that walk into the show, the look of the show as well as the prize money, that could go even higher.

For a format show (it's based on an Endemol reality game show format, Deal Or No Deal) that's deviated so much from the original, Deal... is just getting its bearings. Perhaps, the Mandira magic will continue to grow.

By THE TELLY CHAKKAR TEAM
Posted on 23 March 2006 4:30 pm
monika.goel thumbnail
Mandira's new deal
By: Vickey Lalwani
April 4, 2006

Aapka samay samapt hota hai: Mandira bedi
Mandira Bedi is out of Sony's Deal Ya No Deal. Brought in as R Madhavan's replacement in January this year, Bedi will not host the show any more.

The show too is undergoing changes, and will move from a daily to a weekly slot. Bedi has already shot her last episode for the show; but viewers will continue to see her for some time, as the channel has a bank of episodes that will run till April end.

Auditions on

Sony's Anupama Mandloi (vice-president, programming) clarified that it was simply Mandy they were biding adieu to and the show would go on. The channel is looking at new anchors to replace Bedi. Says a source, "Auditions for the anchor began in mid-March."

But why is Bedi, who came in only two-and-a-half months back, being replaced? "Mandira is our main presenter on Extraaa Innings, on Set Max. From June, we will need her for that purpose. We decided that we should not devalue her equity," says Mandloi.

Mandy's schedule

Says Mandira, speaking from Goa, for the India-England ODI, "Once Deal Ya No Deal becomes a weekly, it will not be shot in the present style of building and storing a bank of episodes. Unlike now, when the schedules are spaced with long gaps in between, the shooting will be done at short, regular intervals. So, if I am travelling with the cricket team, it will not be possible for me to do the show."

Inside story

Adds a source, "Sony's attempt at improving ratings by changing the anchor from Madhavan to Mandira helped to some extent, but did not meet expectations. This led to another anchor change and the switch from a daily to a weekly format. The start, which is very important in every television show, was wrong. Madhavan did not register with the masses. It wouldn't have been wrong if they had started with Mandira."

Madhavan's exit

R Madhavan felt the show had taken over all his time. Initially, he was told that he would be required for only six days of shooting a month. But, he was pressed to give more time, which affected his other projects.
monika.goel thumbnail
Mandira Bedi: Up close and personal

She began her career with a substantial role in Shanti and went on to become a household name. Extraa Innings gave her a glamorous image, and her noodle-strap blouses were the talk of the town. Meet Mandira Bedi, who recently participated in Fear Factor. And won. "I participated in the celebrity episode, and it was great being a contestant for once. Winning was the most exciting part, not because the prize money was Rs 10 lakh but because I host sporty events and felt that I had to prove myself, in a way. We had three games and shot for three days in Malaysia. The first game involved being handcuffed underwater and finding a key as quickly as possible. The second -- the yuckiest -- had us in a coffin-like box, covered in centipedes, rats and spiders. We were asked not to have a bath as that would irritate the creatures. When I finished that round, I was in tears. I never knew I had it in me to do something like that. The third round was a proper stunt involving a helicopter. It was dangerous, but I did it smoothly.

With Fear Factor, you know you are risking your life, but there hasn't been a single casualty to date. The only thing is you should have the guts to go through it all."

After her mass communication from Sophia College in Mumbai, Mandira thought of doing her internship with Prahlad Kakkar. "While doing that, I was offered Shanti. Then came Aurat, and Extraa Innings. We were trying to take cricket to all sections of people, especially women. I still have a contract with Sony, but it hasn't got the rights for the last few matches, which is why I haven't been seen on the cricket front lately. There will be matches by October though, for which Sony has rights. When I got the offer for Extraa Innings, I began reading about cricket and became well-versed with the statistics. I soon realised, however, that no matter how much you prepare, it is of no help because on the day of the game, you just have to speak about that day's play.

I started promoting women's cricket because matches for men do not need much of a boost in India. When my name got attached to women's cricket, we could organise funds and attract sponsorship.

I don't think Extraa Innings was glamorous as such. It is because I was sitting with five men that I started looking glamorous. People started talking about my noodle-strap blouses only because I called them that in an interview. For me, fashion is something I am comfortable wearing and carrying. I love wearing jeans and a T-shirt on a daily basis but, when I have to put my best foot forward, I prefer wearing a sari. It makes me look glamorous. My first movie was Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. I was then offered many roles as a sister, but I didn't want them. It was really difficult for me to break away from the DDLJ image.

There was no lull between the film's release and my cricket season though. I always had something or the other in hand. I had corporate shows to host, I was also doing English theatre and advertisements. By the grace of God, I have never seen any struggle. I got every offer because of my previous work. Things just worked out for me

I am more popular than my husband (director Raj Kaushal who made Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi and Shaadi Ka Laddoo), but this has never created problems between us. He is very understanding. He will soon have a new movie out -- a thriller with Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi. That will be his comeback. Managing time is difficult but not impossible. You have to learn to manage everything, whether it is home or work, and I have been very fortunate that my husband is helpful and understanding. But sometimes, it does get more hectic, especially when you are travelling constantly. While promoting cricket, I stayed in 50 hotels in three months! I didn't know where I was supposed to live the next day. It was taking a toll on me, and I began getting dark circles under my eyes. Thanks to make-up, they didn't show on our faces. I try and catch up on sleep whenever I can.

My greatest stress-buster is exercise. On a normal day, when I am not shooting, I watch mindless television. I spend little more than three minutes on any channel.

Everything is good for me whether it is cinema or serials. But hosting a show is a high because it is live. That's also why I like doing theatre. I am currently doing shows of Anything But Love, with Samir Soni. I have just one TV show in hand -- Deal Ya No Deal -- and am working in a movie called Marathon. It is produced by Standard Chartered and based on five short stories about why people participate in a marathon. It stars Bikram Saluja, Purab Kohli and Dara Singh among others.

I play a woman whose life revolves around her family. Then, something happens and she becomes lonely. That's when she thinks of running the marathon. Dara Singh plays an army officer who sees me practicing and decides to help me. One of the stories is also loosely based on Anil Ambani, and why he decided to run the marathon."