Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Revealed: The 'Chotu' in Chandana's life
By: Vickey Lalwani

December 28, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Chandana Sharma

Chandana Sharma's reel life has a Shah Rukh fixation in Star One's latest offering, Yeh Dil Chahe More, but her real life too has a lover - Ramandeep Arya, who directed Musafir Hoon Yaaron, which was formerly anchored by Chandana (Dipti Bhatnagar now hosts it).

Ramandeep is Dipti Bhatnagar's brother-in-law (her husband Randeep Arya's brother) and is fondly called Chotu in the industry.

Romance in The Maldives

Chandana and Ramandeep first met while shooting for Musafir Hoon Yaaron. According to a source, "Love blossomed between Chandana and Chotu in the exotic locales of The Maldives, which was Chandana's first outdoor schedule for the show. Chotu is a very important person in Chandana's life."

When contacted, Chandana asked, "Who told you this? Have you called me to know about my love life or my work? I don't wish to talk about this." Ramandeep was unavailable for comment. Repeated calls and SMSes drew no response.

Role round robin

Chandana opted out of Musafir Hoon Yaaron when she bagged Yeh Dil Chahe More. Chandana's role in the show was first offered to Gurdip Kohli (Dr Juhi of Sanjivani, Vedika of Sinndoor).

The actress, who started with Just Mohabbat and later anchored Home Sweet Home (Star One), was seen as the doctor treating Bodhi (Hemant) in Ayushman.

In February 2005, she was replaced in Aayushman by Riva Bubber (Damini of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Simran of K Street, Pali Hill) after she quit the show, saying her character was not shaping up as she'd expected.

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago