Article’s /News-"Yeh Dil Chahe More"

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Yeh Dil Chahe... to replace Nach Baliye
By: Shaheen Parkar
November 30, 2005

A still from Yeh Dil Chahe More
Post the end of Nach Baliye, on December 15, the much-in-the-waiting Le Jayenge Le Jayenge, which has been retitled Yeh Dil Chahe More, replaces the dance drama on Star One.

Described as a road show, Yeh Dil Chahe More is a daily (Monday to Thursday) in the 9 pm slot. The first episode airs on December 19.

Popularity factor

The Nach Baliye contestants
A few weeks ago, it was announced that Yeh Dil Chahe More, produced by Contiloe Films, will air on Star Plus in the 8 pm slot, instead of Siddharth Basu's family game show, Mum Tum aur Hum, which was to shift to 7.30 pm.

"Yes, that was the initial plan," says Shailja Kejriwal, creative head, Star Plus. "But looking at the popularity of the show, we decided to let Mum Tum Aur Hum remain. Instead, we felt that Yeh Dil Chahe More had a nice, different look, apt for Star One."

On the run

The protagonist of the daily is Tara, played by model-actress Chandana Sharma. "It is about two people on the run. The drama is about them and the people they meet on their way to Mumbai," informs Kejriwal. Yeh Dil Chahe More has been termed by the channel as high on energy, with a fresh approach. Tara is someone who wants much more from life.

Sharma was earlier seen as the anchor of lifestyle show, Home Shanti Home, on Star One. She also featured as Dr Kavya in Ayushman (Sony) and anchored the travel show, Musafir Hoon Yaaron (Star Plus). She has appeared in soaps like Just Mohabbat, Dil Se Dosti (all Sony).

Yeh Dil Chahe More also stars Baba Sehgal, who plays Tara's brother, and Avtar Gill, as the father. Along with Yeh Dil Chahe More, India Calling will also air four days, from Monday to Thursday, at 9.30 pm. It presently airs Monday to Wednesday.

Dance drama
Nach Baliye has more drama in its step, as Sachin and Supriya Pilgaonkar, Varun Badola and Rajeshwari Sachdev, Manish Goyal and Poonam Narula along with Rajiv and Delnaz Paul, battle for the Rs 50 lakh prize. Its grand finale will air on December 15.

Edited by monika_g - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail

The smile's back

Miss vivacious: Chandana Sharma
If the face on the right looks familiar, it's because you have seen her many a time on billboards across the city. She is Chandana Sharma, Nilanjanaa's sister, who's all set to conquer the small screen this time, after having shared big-screen space with Jeet and (bro-in-law) Jisshu in Premi.

Dubbed as the new 8 pm girl on STAR Plus, Chandana will star as Tara in a brand new serial titled Yeh Dil Chahe More to start in December. It's not the first time that Chandana is doing TV. She started off as a teenybopper in the serial Just Mohabbat before doing other small-screen work in Dil Se Dosti and Ayushman.

And not just Bengali films, Chandana has also done movies down south. But now it's television where the girl with the winning smile is back for another blast.

monika.goel thumbnail
Tara is on the run
By: Shaheen Parkar
November 19, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Chandana Sharma
There is Kituu, on SaharaOne's Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai; Chandni on Star One's India Calling. From Monday there will be Anu, on Sony's Ek Ladki Anjaani Si. So can Star Plus be left behind?

Not at all. There will be Tara, in Star's Yeh Dil Chahe More (previously titled Le Jayenge Le Jayenge). This show, produced by Contiloe Films, is finally slated to air next month, at 8 pm. It will replace Hum Tum Aur Mom, which shifts to another time slot.

Essaying the role of Tara is model-actress Chandana Sharma, last seen as anchor of Home Shanti Home (Star One). She also featured as Dr Kavya in Ayushman (Sony) before opting out and being replaced by Riva Bubber. Chandana was also seen in Just Mohabbat and Dil Se Dosti (Sony).

Road runner

The channel describes Yeh Dil Chahe More as a road drama, which is youth-centric, with a fresh flavour. It has Tara escaping on the eve of her marriage, and hitting the road. "Tara wants a lot from life. She is constantly on the run. She is crazy about Shah Rukh Khan.There is a lot of energy in the show."

Chandana will be seen on the serial front after a hiatus post Ayushman. "I kept away from the soap circuit as I wanted to do something which is real. So, instead I stuck to modelling."

Besides acting, Chandana is also an animal lover. "I have a dog and two cats at home. I picked them from the streets. I wish I had a huge house; I would then keep different types of animals, like in Noah's Ark. She adds that she would love to extend support to the cause of animals and their welfare.

Yeh Dil Chahe More also stars Baba Sehgal, who plays the brother, and Avtar Gill, as the father.

monika.goel thumbnail
'Yeh Dil Chahe More' on Star One; premieres on 19 December at 9 pm

Yeh Dil Chahe More is a fun and colorful show about two youngsters Tara and Veer. Tara who has been born in the lap of luxury is a wee bit spoilt. Her one and only passion in life is Shah Rukh Khan who she is madly in love with and one day hopes to marry. Veer is crazy about music and wants to pursue his dream of making it big in music.

The serial also marks the comeback of Avtar Gill after a gap of 10 years. Another key feature is Baba Seghal's debut on television.

Episode - Week I

Tara's wedding preparation is in full swing...Jalebis, Kachoris and samosas are being fried in big kadais. Shivranjini all sweaty and worried stands supervising in the kitchen. Akshay stands lording over the entire arrangement... tasting everything and showing his disapproval. Jagmohan is busy directing the servants who are decorating the house and the entire lawn. Tara is awoken by the loud giggles of Mini and Kamini. She is annoyed as she is disturb just when she is in her dream world with her dream man Sharukh who she is madly in love with and one day hopes to marry. Veer is crazy about music and often discuss about his dream of having a concert with his friend Sukh and Shanti...but his bauji did not approve of him buying guitar string...what happens next...did he finally get to buy his dream guitar...Find out this week if Tara manages to persuade her parents.

monika.goel thumbnail
Yeh Dil Chahe More' replaces 'Nach Baliye' on STAR One
December 07, 05
Another week for STAR One's prized property, 'Nach Baliye', to complete its television stint and the channel is already geared with its replacement. The new show, 'Yeh Dil Chahe More', is all set to launch on December 19, 2005 in the 9.00 pm slot. With this, the recently launched 'India Calling' becomes four days a week. 'Yeh Dil Chahe More' was initially planned for STAR Plus, but due to various reasons, it turned to be just the right property to be on STAR One on 'Nach Baliye's' completion. To begin with, the planned Ekta Kapoor show for STAR One on the slot is still in the making. 'Yeh Dil Chahe More' is ready, and the slots in which it could come on STAR Plus are taken by the kids shows – both of which, according to Shailja Kejriwal, Senior Creative Director, STAR India, are doing well and do not need to be replaced. More importantly, Kejriwal explained that the show was the first completely on-road show on television. The storyline of 'Yeh Dil Chahe More' is about two people, who have undertaken a road journey from Delhi to Mumbai pursuing their respective dreams. In effect, the show is in line with the kind of out-of-home shows that STAR One aims at bringing forth. Replying to why marketing around the show hadn't been seen yet, Kejriwal said, "There is too much of clutter of promotions right now. We decided to have one burst before the show launches and then the spill over after it is on-air. The marketing will be done cross mediums." She explained that with the on-air promotions, supported by print and outdoor campaign, the channel would have enough time to create awareness around the new property. Speaking on the show itself, Kejriwal remarked, "This is one of the best shows to come from the STAR stable and one of my personal favourites. The show isn't going to see the two lead characters in love or falling in love. Also, it captures the present spirit of everyone wanting more from life. These points make it a fresh, upbeat show and something the viewers can look forward to." A point being raised on STAR One currently, especially given the deliveries of its recently launched shows – 'India Calling' and 'Darna Mana Hai' – is that the experimental genres seem to deliver more for the channel than the 'regular' genre. Giving STAR's point of view here, Kejriwal said, "Experimental genres like reality and format are finite in nature and play a great role in bringing new eyeballs to the channel, but they can't be your daily bread and you have to give the viewer the daily meal. Dailies grow or don't grow, but they are long standing properties. Even in the case of 'India Calling', you can see that the trend is positive – the show is growing."

Kejriwal is convinced that the show will be able to retain the numbers that 'Nach Baliye' has built in the slot. As to how the audience likes the daily 'meals' that the channel is offering, we will soon know.

monika.goel thumbnail

Yeh Dil Chahe More hits the road!

It was a day that Amit Khanna and Chandana Sharma will not forget in a hurry. It's

Amit Khanna and Chandana Sharma with Abhimanyu Singh
not every day that their shows get launched and in such grand style. The duo was the centre of attention at the launch of Star One's Yeh Dil Chahe More... The party, hosted in Andheri, in suburban Mumbai was attended by almost all cast members, who watched the first episode of the show together. They had a field day yelling and shouting each time a character was introduced in the show.

The star of the evening was Amit, by far. He kept rushing from one colleague to the other, quite evidently enjoying a bonding with all on board the show.

Supriya Karnik and Kishori Shahane: two's company
Chandana seemed to be the quieter of the two. She chose to be in one corner of the room and watch the proceedings from there.

"Tell me honetly if you liked the show....(when we said we really liked it)..I am very nervous about many things in life...but this is one show I am very confident about," said Amit Khanna, whoo plays the flamboyant Veer in the show.

Himanshi and Kushal Punjabi: handsome twosome

"I am coming back after two and a half years in a daily soap and am looking forward to it," said Chandana.

This is one show that took a lot of time coming. We asked producer, Abhimanyu Singh (Contiloe Films) about the same. "It's a show that's primarily on the road. That's why it took us some time to finalise it. It's shot mainly on the Mumbai-Delhi highway and we had fun shooting it," said Abhimanyu.

In attendance were Star's programming head Shailja Kejriwal, who seemed to be enjoying herself to the T.

Baba and Bobby: party time!
Ravi Menon, Star One head, also looked quite content with the show. The surprise person on the guest list was Raman Kumar (Miilee) who mingled easily with the cast of the show.

As the screening came to an end, the actors made it to the dance floor and clearly, they were two people who made the most of it -- Amit and Baba Sehgal.

But the one star who was sorely missed at the party was surely, the lorry....which plays such an important role in the show.

source:-

http://www.tellychakkar.com/tc_news.php

monika.goel thumbnail
Stars of tomorrow

After Bipasha Basu and the Sen sisters, few have made it to the small screen in Mumbai. But hope floats. Two new faces are all set to take over the small screen and they have strong ties with the city. Neha Marda and Chandana Sharma have taken on roles quite different from the boo-hoo kind seen on television.
Neha stars in SaharaOne's Saath Rahega Always, a story set in a college campus where drama abounds. The show is all about aspirations, rivalry, romance and friendship. It's the story of Peehu Bhargava and her second-year college friends, Krish, Soham, Palak and Nitin. All of them, needless to say, are different in their temperaments and attitudes, yet they gel well. "My struggle to get into the industry was three days long! Apart from Boogie Woogie and Kaboom, I have no experience. I always wanted to become an actor and that's why I moved to Mumbai. True, Kolkata is full of opportunities but Mumbai is the entertainment capital. Here I'm getting the opportunity to work in big projects," she says. Neha has been in the spotlight for sometime, thanks to her dancing skills. She has won many competitions for her talent in bharatnatyam and salsa. "After I write my final examinations, I want to pursue higher education. I believe education is important even for actors. And my family is very strict in this regard," says the 18-year-old who has to divide time between playing Peehu and her school final examinations. For the student of Sunrise English School, dancing is a form of relaxation. Once out of school, she plans to take up an MBA degree. Neha looks up to Sudha Chandran and Madhuri Dixit for inspiration. Besides being an actor and dancer, she is also into classical music. Does this mean that we'll soon see Neha dancing to a tune rendered by her in her very own serial?
The other face is Chandana Sharma, star of Yeh Dil Chahe More on Star One. She plays the role of Tara. "It's all about a girl on the run since the eve of her marriage. Why? Because she wants to marry Shah Rukh Khan! Along the way she meets other people…We have already shot 25 episodes," says Chandana. You have seen her face while driving down any Kolkata street, for she has done ads for Vaseline body lotion, Dabur Oil, Elle 18, Parachute, Horlicks, Coca-Cola, need we say more? She has also done two ads with Shah Rukh. "He's simply superb. It's my dream to act opposite him. My second favourite is Amitabh Bachchan. Before I took up this serial, I had done a stint opposite Jeet and Jisshu." It's not the first time she has acted on the small screen — Just Mohabat, Dil Se Dosti, Ayushman and Musafir Hun Yaaron. "At present, I am concentrating on this serial and nothing else. If a good film role comes my way, I may give it a thought. But I don't want to take up something that needs me to show too much skin. Even music videos have turned tacky. The other option I may consider in future is theatre. I have done a bit in school and I know the dedication required to become a name in the theatre world," adds Chandana, who'll be in town at the end of this month or early next year on assignment. — SNS
source-
http://www.thestatesman.net/page.arcview.php?date=2005-12-12 &usrsess=1&clid=26&id=127219
monika.goel thumbnail

Baba Sehgal back, but in a new ishtyle

Abrity Basu

Kolkata, December 6, 2005
The original rapper of Indian music is back. In the '90s, Baba Segal became hot property after belting out Thanda thanda pani. He even tried his hand in Bollywood with Miss 420, but couldn't make a name for himself as an actor. After an almost four-year hiatus — "I was in the US doing shows for Broadway," he says — Baba has returned to sing, and of course, act some more in India.

He will be making his debut on the small screen in Contiloe Films' new serial, Yeh Dil Chahe More (YDCM), which is slated to go on air on December 19 on Star One.
My character, Akshay, is the son of a rich businessman. His sister Tara, played by Chandana Sharma, runs away from her wedding. Akshay being very protective and possessive about his sister gives chase to bring her back and what happens thereafter forms the crux of the story," informs Baba, and adds, "YDCM will be India's first serial in the road show genre. The story takes place on the move as the two central characters keep trying to run away as far as possible from people." Was it his earlier failure in films that made Baba choose the boob tube this time? & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp;

He vehemently disagrees: "Star called me and offered this role. I felt it was a great opportunity so took it up. Akshay's character is very comic as well and I love doing comedy. But that does not mean I've given up Bollywood entirely. I play a villain with comic shades in director Vicky Ranawat's film Thodi Masti Thodi Dhoom that also stars Hrishitta Bhatt and Sanjay Kapoor. This will probably release in May."

With Baba, music cannot be too far behind. A hip hop bhangra album is next. "I hope to release Welcome To Mumbai in January. It has eight songs composed by me.

The album has been named keeping in mind my return to Mumbai," says the actor-singer who is now looking forward to getting offers of serious roles. He is both excited and apprehensive about his comeback vehicle. "Although I am looking forward to facing my fans again, I am also aware that I'll be competing with people half my age. However, I have my fingers crossed about being accepted yet again," says Baba.

monika.goel thumbnail

Yeh Dil Chaahe More goes on air on Star One

By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Thursday, December 22, 2005

The young media production firm Contiloe Films, which has generated its position amongst the top TV productions companies within a short span of time, now launches their new serial 'Yeh Dil Chaahe More'. Abhimanyu and Aditya Singh - the duo behind this production abode hosted a small screening of the first episode at Raheja Classic Club for the cast and crew of the show. This show is on air now and telecasts at 9.00 p.m. on Star One.

The celebs who graced the occasion apart from the cast and unit were Amit Khanna, Chandana Sharma, Avtaar Gill, Supriya Karnik ,Baba Seigal,Vijay Kashyap, Kushal Punjabi, Himanshi, Kishori Shahane, Jahagir Khan, Shruti Sharma, Harry, Pratap Oza director Raman Kumar and Other television celebrities. The whole bunch of the entertainment personalities enjoyed the event and the episode.

"The serial is a youth centric road drama with a fresh flavor. This is for the first time that Contiloe films have ventured into a daily fiction. It is a lighthearted show that will be enjoyed by everyone, says Abhimanyu Singh with conviction

'Yeh Dil Chaahe More' is about two people, who have undertaken a road journey from Delhi to Mumbai pursuing their respective dreams. It captures the spirit of everyone wanting more from life. It is about the life of these two people ...who are living in their own dream world away from reality.

The soap features fresh, young and some of the coveted faces. Chandana Sharma enacts the character of Tara. And Amit Khanna, who is debuting on television, plays Veer. Avtra Gill is Jagmohan in this serial. Baba Sehgal and Supriya Karnik would also be seen on the show.

source:-

http://movies.indiainfo.com/television/

monika.goel thumbnail
Story so far: Week 1: Episodes 1-4

Introduction of Veer and Tara. Tara doesn't want to marry Ashish, the boy chosen by Jagmohan Arora (her father). She loves Shahrukh Khan and wants to marry him. She believes that SRK will fall in love with her the moment he sets his eyes on her!

She protests against the marriage but in vain. She has to get engaged to Ashish Oberoi, son of the socialite, Ranjit Oberoi. On the other side, Veer doesn't want to work in the garage with his father Balwant Singh, ex-Subedar in Indian Army. He wants to become rich and famous in life but doesn't know how. He tries arguing with Balwant and tries his small pranks but nothing changes the situation.

Jagmohan announces that he would gift Queen Victoria's necklace along with a 40 percent share of his property to his daughter in her marriage. He had won the necklace for 10 crores in an auction defeating his old time rival, Chowdary, an underworld don and builder. Ranjit Oberoi and Jagmohan are the only ones keen on Tara-Ashish wedding, for their own selfish reasons. Tara's mother shares her disapproval with Tara on the alliance and Tara very happy getting her mother's support.