Manav Gohil's interview

torsa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Here's a latest interview givn by Manav Gohil aka Prof. Mitra of remix, all his fans check it out. if this interview has been posted before, i m srry i din't know!

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

SHAMBHU SAHU
[ Sunday, December 18, 2005 09:10:08 pmTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1336417, curpg-2.cms

Manav gohil, Television actor, on his career as an actor and an anchor.

You have done both acting and anchoring. What do you enjoy more?

Both have their own attributes. Acting is comparatively easier than anchoring because you can have re-takes to improve your performance, but anchoring has to be done in a single shot.

During anchoring you have to be spontaneous and must interact with the audience. It's a job with a lot of responsibility but while I have enjoyed doing both, anchoring has given me more satisfaction.

Did you feel any apprehension in anchoring a talent hunt show similar to the one anchored by Aman Verma?

No. The format of my show, Fame Gurukul was bought from Spain and was very different in its presentation.

Moreover, anchoring is a lucrative option now though it's still not as big as it should be. Besides, it's a good break from the glycerine-dripping roles. But that doesn't mean that I find them demeaning.

Do you think TV will evolve in the future? 

Yes. Infact, it's already evolving. It's no longer limited to saas-bahu soaps as reality shows are coming up big time on the small screen.

In other words, TV is big today and reality bigger. The success of the medium can be gauged by the fact that so many film makers are now turning to TV to promote their films.

What's your take on the controversy surrounding Qazi's selection?

Qazi has a lot of conviction and wanted to do something in his life. Though I personally never considered him as good a singer as Rex or Arijeet, he has the X-factor to cheer and entertain the audience, which other participants didn't have.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------- -

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

remixrulz thumbnail
thanx torsa for the interview...prof. mitra hasnt said nethin abr remix..
uvcraziestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yaa neways thx atleast u forund n shared it thats a big thing
divya_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanx a ton Torsa..

nice article