Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

virgo_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: seert

Yes, exactly! The thing is they showed her employer in the form of Basanta and hence she killed Basanta not her employer. So like you I really thought that meant she overcame her past and in a way killed all those ghosts but alas they didn't do that.
Hmm I'm not sure if it was because they were afraid of the novel's ending but I think they wanted to show that oh look Bano is so dedicated towards Pakistan and you should be to. But honestly I didn't feel any such thing. I mean it wasn't an end at all...they just left things halfway...a better end would have been had they showed us Bano dying (even in old age) so at least we could all make peace with it. Ah well! I mean the show was very good...one of the best dramas I've seen in a long time but I just felt very let down by the end.

I know right the message they wanted to give was good i liked that but it would have been more impactful if they had shown Bano enacting the message like practically doing something for Pakistan?
Well yeahh it was indeed very good made me cry laugh blush angry sad and so much more!!
End was a let down if we compare it to the initial episodes which were brilliant but overall loved it to the core!!
And yes i really want to praise Sanam Baloch here the girl was AMAZING in every sense i have become a fan of her acting i mean Fawad was also very good but Sanam's performance totally overshadowed his!! She totally deserves an Oscar for her performance in Dastaan!!
503046 thumbnail
Yah I Agree With U I Myself Wanted Bano To Accept Her Child At The End But They Showed That Cheap Employ Or Whatever ... And Plusly Basanta Was Shown As If Bano Was Imagining Basanta In Disguise ... But I Really Wanted Something Positive To Happen But It Didnt But Still I Love That Serial Like Anything!!!
By The Way Nice Post,
With Love,
Annie
367945 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ana_kash

yaaa it was just patriotism left then.....ahh what to say...just wishing them to see back oinscreen again...they have czptured my heart......u from pk?

Ya I know eh. I wanna see them back onscreen too, and yes I am originally from Pakistan.
367945 thumbnail

Originally posted by: virgo_gurl

I know right the message they wanted to give was good i liked that but it would have been more impactful if they had shown Bano enacting the message like practically doing something for Pakistan?
Well yeahh it was indeed very good made me cry laugh blush angry sad and so much more!!
End was a let down if we compare it to the initial episodes which were brilliant but overall loved it to the core!!
And yes i really want to praise Sanam Baloch here the girl was AMAZING in every sense i have become a fan of her acting i mean Fawad was also very good but Sanam's performance totally overshadowed his!! She totally deserves an Oscar for her performance in Dastaan!!

Firstly, we have been discussing a lot and I still don't know your name...I'm seert and you are?

Yup it would have been more meaningful had they shown her doing something constructive, and yes I loved the whole show but still I don't think I liked the last episode much. Although maybe I'm the only one who didn't cry at the end...I know others (including my mom) who got really sad at the ending...lol maybe I'm insensitive?

Sanam Baloch was the backbone of the show. She acted really well, and this show was basically all about her character. Honestly, I'm not sure if she will ever get such a wonderful role again but this one will definitely live on in our minds for a long time. Having said that, Fawad was great in this show...I knew about him beforehand but this show converted me into a big Fawad fan. He won me over with his acting, and yes I love Hassan and Bano, but you know what? I even loved his romantic scenes with Rabia...Fawad was just that good! I so want to see him in another romantic role now and we need more dramas like Dastaan!!!
367945 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Annie-

Yah I Agree With U I Myself Wanted Bano To Accept Her Child At The End But They Showed That Cheap Employ Or Whatever ... And Plusly Basanta Was Shown As If Bano Was Imagining Basanta In Disguise ... But I Really Wanted Something Positive To Happen But It Didnt But Still I Love That Serial Like Anything!!!
By The Way Nice Post,
With Love,
Annie

Thanks for the comments and the compliments :)
And yes we all wanted a positive end even if it meant no Hassan and Bano. I think showing the employer was important for Bano as it made her take revenge against Basanta...it could have helped her move on from her past but we didn't get any such thing :\
Anyways, as you said, even with the bad ending, the show was very good!
virgo_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Firstly, we have been discussing a lot and I still don't know your name...I'm seert and you are?

You have a unique name seert what does that mean?πŸ˜ƒ
Oh and me is Mariam:)

Yup it would have been more meaningful had they shown her doing something constructive, and yes I loved the whole show but still I don't think I liked the last episode much. Although maybe I'm the only one who didn't cry at the end...I know others (including my mom) who got really sad at the ending...lol maybe I'm insensitive?

I cried but not much lol maybe even im insensitive?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
But i cried alot in that 14th August wali epi!!

Sanam Baloch was the backbone of the show. She acted really well, and this show was basically all about her character. Honestly, I'm not sure if she will ever get such a wonderful role again but this one will definitely live on in our minds for a long time. Having said that, Fawad was great in this show...I knew about him beforehand but this show converted me into a big Fawad fan. He won me over with his acting, and yes I love Hassan and Bano, but you know what? I even loved his romantic scenes with Rabia...Fawad was just that good! I so want to see him in another romantic role now and we need more dramas like Dastaan!!!

Yep and i have seen Sanam in Daam too she was good there but in Dastaan she was outstanding!!
I was always a Fawad fan loved him during EP days but never saw him acting but yes he was awsome as Hassan whether with Bano or Rabia he was really good in his cutee witty boy next door avatar😳
But i dint like Mehreen's performance it was kind of average.
From the initial episodes Sameena Pirzeeda Saba Qamar and Ahsan Khan were mind blowing!!
And there were these 2 people in 14th August episode jin ki daughters were raped i dont know their names but they were stupendous seriously i cried so much!!

Word Count: 0

367945 thumbnail
ana_kash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ya I know eh. I wanna see them back onscreen too, and yes I am originally from Pakistan.

ohhh great to know we are country mates ....hugs πŸ€—
503046 thumbnail

Thanks for the comments and the compliments :)
And yes we all wanted a positive end even if it meant no Hassan and Bano. I think showing the employer was important for Bano as it made her take revenge against Basanta...it could have helped her move on from her past but we didn't get any such thing :\
Anyways, as you said, even with the bad ending, the show was very good!

Awww yah i too thought tht the worker will help her to get out of that cruel past of her... But he dint... He reminded her of tht basanta ... Thanks for agreeing though
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
To be very very Frank, aswell as Precise...
I did not like the last episode. Nor did my sis... Nor did anybody. Yes, sad ending would have been good enuff, but this ending just wasnt satisfying enuff. Wasnt fitted well though, the whole serial at a whole outclassed MANY SERIALS! 😊