Aloo_gobi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hey there..

i was just thinking that as astitva is based on the reality of life...(this question is mainly to guys)...but would you marry a divorced woman...like simran is... coz i find that it is easier for divorced males to remarry than divorced woman....

what would you all do...? will society accept a spinster marrying a divorced woman....?

would like to know all your views as i am seeing it in real life....and i know that it is a male dominated world out there...

your comments will be invaluable...

thanks

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

you are right when you said this is a male oriented world. I am answering this question of yours eventhough i am a female.

See, i think the thought process of every individual is changing with time. This rule that divorced women cannot marry might have been hapening in our previous generation. But now, i see that this has changed.

I know many ladies, who were divorced and then they married another person. In one case, the girl even had anew born and then married a person who was also married and divorced.

So times are changing , my friend.

Edited by sree_20 - 19 years ago
queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aloogobi... it takes all kinds to make a world. Are we talking solely about acceptance by society or also about personal acceptance of the relationship by the two people involved?

There are societies and then there are societies....!!! I mean, I have seen my divorced massi get married to the gentlest, kindest man (he was a bachelor until then) and I do not remember anyone in the family from either side raising a single objection becos of her divorce. Yes, there are adjustments to be made when you have a child from a previous marriage, but they are not insurmountable. All that really matters is that hearts should connect, thoughts should be in synch. When other people see that these are the two mature people who want to be together, no one has any business butting in to object if they really care about the people concerned. They can see for themselves that these two people want to be together - and more often than not they are happy in the happiness of the two people involved. And isn't family the only society we shud really be concerned about? Should we be going around worrying about what every Tom, Dick and Hari thinks about our relationships??? We'll never be able to lift a single foot forward in that case. There will always be people who point fingers and turn up their hawkish noses at 'these kinds of marriages'. Sometimes you just have to ignore them and do the right thing regardless of these unenlightened people whose only purpose in life is to serve as moral guardians of society. One just HAS to remember that one's biggest committment is to oneself and one's deepest personal relationships. And a society refuses that to understand this will be forced to evolve to incorporate those who are not plain black or white... that's the only way it can grow. And grow it must!
Aloo_gobi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

yeah....but what would you guys do if u wanted to marry a divorced woman and your parents did not agree ... would you leave your parent for her....(and especially you are close to your parents..).. would be interesting to hear your views...