Veena's hypocritical: Rahul Bhatt

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Diwali has acquired a whole new meaning for Rahul Bhatt. The festive occasion marks his return to his hometown after over a month long exile. Sounds funny yet true! But that's what it is meant to be. For, Rahul tells us "Nobody can beat Dolly Bindra in being the ten-headed monster Ravana and only Veena Malik fits to be Shrupnakha on " Bigg Boss 4". Such has been my experience."

While the aspiring actor refutes the rumour of him being cast in "Jism 2" because he can't be like John Abraham and seduce girls into loving him, he shares the plans he had of doing something steamy with housemate Aanchal. "But this would have been possible had I stayed for just two more weeks in the show," he says, adding, "I wasn't consciously maintaining safe distance from girls. It's just that I take time to open up. Unfortunately, I got evicted when Aanchal and I were getting to know each other better," he laughs. Why not Veena, who is fond of Hrishant but gets intimate with Ashmit instead? "Never! She is extremely hypocritical. Her attitude towards me changed when she got to know whose son I am. There were occasions when Veena would make her keenness to be an actress in Bollywood a lot evident. All in all, Veena is a fake person. But then nothing is real on the show. Dolly Bindra yelling at housemates is nothing, but a gimmick to garner higher TRPs. Fortunately I didn't sell my soul like others who got involved in verbal spats," he replies.

Is that the reason why he never came across as an emotionally vulnerable person on the show? "I have seen the worst in life - fought gynaecomastia (male breasts) and obesity, and got embroiled in an international terror inquiry (Headley episode). Combating the bitterness that such disturbing experiences triggered has helped me become an emotionally stronger person. Staying in the "Bigg Boss" house for this long was comparatively a cakewalk. I'm a tough nut to crack. If I didn't let anybody break me down mentally during the Headley interrogations, how could I have let the housemates do anything similar? I believe both the channel and contestants were afraid to ask me anything about Headley on the show. It could either be because of the respect everybody has for us or the fact that they know the kind of person I am – a man of few words and with few friends," he says. So all depends on one's mental strength? "Yes. I was just 11-year-old when I weighed 122 kg. And the comments that were passed to me, only made me turn to food with revenge. But as I grew older, I became more obsessed with fitness and successfully lost about 40 kgs in three months," he recalls. But Rahul soon joined Kaizad's class and his three-month course helped him learn the basics about weight training, nutrition and first-aid, and helped him get more interested in bodybuilding.

Keen about making his Bollywood debut with a flick that projects him as an action-cum-romantic hero, Rahul wouldn't mind performing with Sunny Deol, The great Khali and Salman Khan on a hot item number like "Munni Badnaam Hui". "Wouldn't that be fun if all of us flaunt our muscular bodies? But we still need to decide who will play Munni," he chortles
Unlike Mahesh Bhatt, who is excited about hosting Pakistani talk show "Straight Talk With Mahesh Bhatt", son Rahul isn't too comfortable with the idea. "I don't think it is a very good idea. I would personally not want to venture into it. I haven't even got my passport yet. It has got clearance from the NIA (National Investigation Agency) so I have to sort that first," he says.

Read more: Veena's hypocritical: Rahul Bhatt - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Veenas-hypocritical-Rahul-Bhatt/articleshow/6879999.cms#ixzz14Zn6yiB3