Intercast / Inter-religion marraiges ?

puneri thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Astitva has been addressing the social issues every now and then .. has it addressed the issue of inter cast/religion marraige till now? Unfortunately, this is still a major issue in India ...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chikoo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hmm.. unfortunately, this issue did not crop up in sinha's rotten mind. he showed simran and abhi both kayastha's as himself.

probably this is not an issue in bihar or sinha's real life incidents else he would have definitely shown simran being a hindu and abhi following some other religion and it's affect after the leap.
Kruts thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chikoo

hmm.. unfortunately, this issue did not crop up in sinha's rotten mind. he showed simran and abhi both kayastha's as himself.

probably this is not an issue in bihar or sinha's real life incidents else he would have definitely shown simran being a hindu and abhi following some other religion and it's affect after the leap.

i can bet that if it was an inter-caste/inter-religion marriage, it would have stirred up a hornet's nest when Abhi left Simran. At least this way nobody came with the typical gali-galoch that is seen when such marriages break up for whatever reason. Trust me on this one...

Kruts thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
this line is just to move this topic above stupid posts made by finale...
rachel490 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Director showed one inter-relegion marriage(
simran's first lover abhimanyu's marriage)but the focus was more on the war related issues rather than family problems due to such a marriage. Otherthan this I dont recall any such incident in astitva.
innocentindian thumbnail
There was the incident about simran's bua's son marrying a white lady....which, i suppose, goes even further than inter-caste....
chikoo thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

There was the incident about simran's bua's son marrying a white lady....which, i suppose, goes even further than inter-caste....

but there was more stress on girl being older to Harsh (assuming that was her cousin's name) than being white 😆😆