Uthamaputhiran
Director
Mitran Jawahar
Music
Vijay Antony
Cast
Dhanush, Genelia, Vivek, Bhagyaraj

By Moviebuzz

Uthamaputhiran is sheer popcorn entertainment, which is a crackling comedy and director Mitran Jawahar keeps it light, fluffy and funny. There is a real sweetness in the presentation that will keep you smiling long after you've left the theatre and it is about the importance of basic goodness. Dhanush plays Siva, a college student, a happy-go-lucky young man who has a large family and is willing to help anyone in distress. Along with his friends he kidnaps a bride from the marriage hall and realizes later that it was the wrong girl. But Pooja (Genelia) who was going through a forced marriage is happy about it and Siva becomes her protector. He takes her to his large family by telling a lie and soon she wins over everyone in the house. But her two uncles Chinna Muthu Gounder and Periya Muthu Goundar who are at loggerheads with each other want to marry her off to their respective sons. How Siva uses his charm and wits on Emotional Ekambaram (Vivek) the accountant of both families by making him believe that he has sub-conscious memory power to bring both the warring families together and wins over his love, forms the rest of story. It is Dhanush's compelling, effortless portrayal of Siva, Vivek as Emotional Ekambaram and Genelia as Pooja that stands out. Dhanush adds the little touches that make all the difference and he is an actor you can't take your eyes off. It's hard to imagine another actor pull off such an unselfconscious performance with such ease, his on screen chemistry with Vivek is unbeatable and he gives his co-star's all the room to shine. Genelia is spontaneous and sparkling. Remarkable casting has resulted in some fine performances by key players, and characters like Washington Vetrivel, Chicago Sakthivel, Chinna Muthu Gounder, Periya Muthu Goundar and Santhosh Shah played by Bhagyaraj, Ashish Vidyarthi, Jayaprakash Reddy and Mayilsami stays in your mind. Even small characters pitch in commendable performances. Vijay Antony's music is average. Among the five songs Ussumu Laresay.. is hummable. On the downside, the film is a bit lengthy and is a predictable Kollywood love story, sticking faithfully to old formulas, even culminating in that now obligatory wedding and family photo climax. Uthamaputhiran is your perfect Diwali outing. Go for it

Verdict: Paisa Vasool

I kneww its gonna be good.. the orignal was rocking soo ofcourse even if u make 50% of  tht ppl who didnt watch the orignal will love it.. but i like Dhanush so i'll for sure watch it for him and Genny..Usumalaresay is fun.. HAPPY DIWALI🤗

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks for opening this thread Pulwasha.

This is the only movie I am looking forward to watch part of Diwali release. Sounds interesting and funny.

Although the plot kind of resembles Madhavan Sadha movie Ethiree - I hope they made the story line completely different.

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks Palo..I am looking forward to watch this movie...😛

Looks like its gonna be a hit just like the original one and its been a while since I saw Genelia in Tamil movies😛 I saw some clips from the movie and it looks good but i was not found of the songs😕

-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice post
 i watched the movie
its just superb and a family entertaining movie..
vivek's comedy were mind blowing
he just lived his character as emotional eka
Nihariikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
The story resembles telugu movie "Ready". Gen acted in that too.
Great movie in Telugu too. great comedy and nice songs.
thanks for the review Pulaswa.

Hope this movie is a very big hit.
wishes to Gen and Dhanush.
Quelle-Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I watched the movie today in theatre in my place, the second Tamil movie they played here after Endhiran😊.
I liked the movie very much even if there was nth new in the story. Danush and Genelia had a good chemistry even they did not have much scenes together in the second half of the movie. In the second part it was all Vivek, Danush and the other characters. It was really funny to watch their comedy and  the sentimental touch in the climax, everyone had equal importance in the movie. Genelia was looking really pretty and after many films Danush too looked a litte bit handsome😳. A movie to enjoy with the whole family😊.
sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Pulwasha! I'm yet to watch the movie.. heard its really good. Meanwhile found some controversies with regard to the movie..

Protest against 'Uthamaputhiran'

More than 150 members, owing allegiance to a Kongu Vellalar outfit, were arrested in Coimbatore on Tuesday, for staging a protest demonstration in front of cinema halls screening 'Uthamaputhiran'.

Alleging that the Dhanush-starrer film, which hit screens on Diwali day, had portrayed the Goundar community in a bad light, the agitators raised slogans against the movie and wanted the theatres to stop its screening.

"The film has been made in such a way that it would bring disrepute to our community. We will not allow it run anywhere. Also, we demand an unconditional apology from those involved in the project," protestors said.

Meanwhile, director of the movie Mithran R Jawahar has denied the charges and said "nowhere in the film had we hurt the sentiments of any particular caste or community. 'Uthamaputhiran' is a complete family entertainer."

He added: "The film has a family-oriented theme and speaks about the value of relationships in our day-to-day lives. Though we have mentioned the name of the community, there are no scenes which hurt its sentiments."

Credits: Indiaglitz.com

Arizes. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the thread....

so i shall watch it too in the hols ahead...
Thanks priya for the info....

People protest for unnecessary things......whatever....
can comment only after watching it....lol
TIA.Tia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Pallu can you pls post the reviews of Va- Quater Cutting too.. Pls
Shemmo thumbnail
Thanks for the Thread Pulwasha!!

I heard the movie should be nice...Still yet not watched!!...Songs are good too!!...

Edited by Shammu26 - 13 years ago