Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

233283 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sajid and his annoying sister need to be sent to zombieland!! Can't stand these two obnoxious idiots esp the brother. πŸ€”And really...what else could be expected from someone like him? What was he doing at the festival to begin with? Has he watched anything in his life besides masala bollywood movies?
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
um i didn't read the entire article...BUT

aren't scripts supposed to be the most important aspect of a film? πŸ€”
radha187 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: laly

Writers Blocked

VL

Posted On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 03:11:49 AM

Sajid Khan and Stoneman Murders director Manish Gupta had an ugly spat at the MAMI forum in Chandan Cinema on Sunday afternoon.

Manish Gupta

Talking to Mumbai Mirror, Manish says, "Yes, Sajid and I had a war of words. I didn't like what he said about scriptwriters in our country."

What exactly did Sajid say? Alleges Manish, "Sajid said that we don't have good scriptwriters in India, which is why Indian filmmakers tend to copy Hollywood films."

Manish says that he retaliated. "I told him that there is no lack of courage in Indian writers. It is just that directors in India don't treat writers very well and even underpay them, which is why many writers like Abbas Tyrewala, Anurag Kashyap, Aneez Bazmee, Rumi Jaffrey, Milap Zaveri, Sanjay Chhel and Manoj Tyagi move on to become directors."

Manish further alleged, "What Sajid said to that, he shook me up very badly.

He said that all the names that I have quoted are directors who know nothing about what the audience wants, whose films have flopped, and who have consequently gone back to writing." The argument then got uglier and the mike had to be taken away from Manish. "Yes, I was very upset and angry," said he.

While a friend of Sajid said, "It was a forum and there are bound to be discussions," Sajid himself remained unavailable for comment. He must have been renting the latest Hollywood DVD.

Love the last line!
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: laly

Writers Blocked

VL

Posted On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 03:11:49 AM

Sajid Khan and Stoneman Murders director Manish Gupta had an ugly spat at the MAMI forum in Chandan Cinema on Sunday afternoon.

Manish Gupta

Talking to Mumbai Mirror, Manish says, "Yes, Sajid and I had a war of words. I didn't like what he said about scriptwriters in our country."

What exactly did Sajid say? Alleges Manish, "Sajid said that we don't have good scriptwriters in India, which is why Indian filmmakers tend to copy Hollywood films."

Manish says that he retaliated. "I told him that there is no lack of courage in Indian writers. It is just that directors in India don't treat writers very well and even underpay them, which is why many writers like Abbas Tyrewala, Anurag Kashyap, Aneez Bazmee, Rumi Jaffrey, Milap Zaveri, Sanjay Chhel and Manoj Tyagi move on to become directors."

Manish further alleged, "What Sajid said to that, he shook me up very badly.

He said that all the names that I have quoted are directors who know nothing about what the audience wants, whose films have flopped, and who have consequently gone back to writing." The argument then got uglier and the mike had to be taken away from Manish. "Yes, I was very upset and angry," said he.

While a friend of Sajid said, "It was a forum and there are bound to be discussions," Sajid himself remained unavailable for comment. He must have been renting the latest Hollywood DVD.

W*H. Sajid needs to shut up. He's got no freaking clue what he's talking about. Heyy Baby and Housefull were both a total waste of time and not even funny.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What else to expect from this guy. Does he have any script in his movie?? NO.
All he needs is Akshay jumping around and the heroines prancing around in bikinis.
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Can't expect much from Sajid anyway, I dislike him very much so!

But isn't he right on some level? It's mango people's fault, really. They're the ones who make crap movies like Housefull, Hey Baby, etc hits...and in the process inflate such directors' egos.
Sunshine75 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: maddy1973

What else to expect from this guy. Does he have any script in his movie?? NO.

All he needs is Akshay jumping around and the heroines prancing around in bikinis.

EXcatly!! Housefull was NONSENSE!!
31609 thumbnail
lol....oh sajjy...ur so delusional.....u expect us to laugh when lara dutta falls into the dustbin, or when a baby's dirty diaper comes flying across akshay's face....
I really enjoy masala movies but making good masala movies is not a joke and very few people can carry it off well...case in point manmohan desai and Farah khan....who brilliantly capture the essence of Bollywood style entertainment in their films...but sajid is just plain T-A-C-K-Y....and whts worse is that he claims to be the modern day hrishikesh mukherjii...πŸ˜† yeh and im the queen of england...

films like JTYJN, kaho na pyaar hai etc which starred rank new comers were blockbusters...or the Munnabhai series which didnt have any stars were the cult hits...so i dunt think sajid is right from any angle...
Edited by smarie pants - 13 years ago
apux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
That's why he'll never be a real filmmaker. He's making money not movies. He just needs to admit he can't come with a good script.
glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sajid just needs to shut up and stop giving such stupid statements..Uggh