Mink Brar to perform in Pratigya - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Mink Brar to perform in Pratigya

Pratigya's kid-sister, Aarushi Saxena's engagement with Aman Mathur calls for a grand celebration and STAR Plus along with the production house is leaving no stone unturned to make it special for the couple-to-be and the viewers.

This special episode will feature the Bollywood actress famous for her item numbers and of course the mellifluous chuckle, Mink Brar. The actress will play herself in this special episode and perform to a popular item number. Brar as she claims was scared to try new things in life and so kept refusing television.

We caught the girl while she was busy getting her make-up done. She says, "You fear to try anything that is alien to you. I was scared to do television though I kept receiving offers. I am a little choosy when it comes to project which justifies my fear. Also I have been misunderstood a lot in the industry. When I ask extra questions and request the producers to give me time to decide on a project, they end up thinking that I am not interested in the project, which may not be the case. I remember when I had just entered in the industry and appeared on Shekhar Suman's chat show, he asked me if I am a 'no girl' as I am famous for refusing offers. He also said that I have been the toughest to be brought on the show. It is not true at all. I think my opinion changed post my stint at
Dancing Queen on television. The response and acknowledgment on TV is immediate. You shoot today and it airs the following week. Feedback and responses from viewers is quick here."

So what prompted her to do the show? "Primarily, its because of my friend Umesh Yamgarr (head of casting department, Walkwaters) who approached me for this and also after speaking to the creative head of the show, I was sure that this is a special and prestigious occasion for Saxenas and Mathurs. I also like the fact that I will play myself on the show and will do an item number which is my forte."

Mink claims that becoming a part of the show means that she is open to doing TV now but wouldn't just jump at anything that comes her way. Quips she, "I am open to doing soaps but has to be a nice concept. I would love to be a part of historical show like Jhansi Ki Rani."

Get ready to watch hot Mink sizzle the screen as she performs to Munni badnam hui from Dabangg as television welcomes her back with open arms. Watch her performance on Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya, Monday to Friday, 10:30 pm on STAR Plus.

Neha Maheshwri/Hill Road Media
Monday, October 18, 2010

http://starplus.startv.in/news/835/mink-brar-to-perform-in-pratigya.aspx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lilindiangurl13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago