Rushad Rana enters 'Rang Badalti Odhani'

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
The replacement actor Rushad Rana
Buzz up!

In his career span of 12 years, Hip Hip Hurray actor Rushad Rana has replaced actors more than playing characters originally.

Rana replaced the male lead of Shakalaka Boom Boom during its last month and an important character in Bhabhi. Two years later, when he is all set to kick start his second innings on television; he is again replacing two actors on two shows. Must say things haven't changed. Rushad will be the replacement for the role of Akshay Khandelwal in STAR One's Rang Badalti Odhani. In another show he has stepped into the shoes of actor Harsh Khurana who plays Iqbal Khan's brother in Zee TV's Sanjog Se Bani Sangini.

Says Rana, "I have replaced many actors and it certainly feels awkward when you step in their shoes and commence the shoot. I always make it a point to speak to the person who I am replacing, all the more if it's a friend. Fortunately so far, I haven't replaced any friend on a show."

The actor is getting to play two roles which are distinctively different from each other. In Odhani, he plays Akshay Khandelwal who looks after the family business and is a doting son, caring husband and a loving brother. On the other hand in Sangini, he plays a mean-minded man who treats his wife as an object to spit out his anger and frustration at. He talks money and hates his brother Rudra (Iqbal Khan) for he has turned into an alcoholic jilted lover.

He quips, "The two characters are in complete contrast with each other. In Odhani, I play a doting and caring husband who loves his wife. His younger brother Shaan is the apple of his eye. There will be some nice and warm moments between Akshay and his wife on the show. On the other hand, I play a mean and indifferent husband and brother in Sangini who ill-treats his wife and dislikes his brother. I am enjoying working on both the shows."

We don't mind the replacement as long as we get to see talented actor like Rushad step in. Welcome back Rana.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tinadetroit thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
oh noooo!
we looved the original Akshay!! :( he ws such a cool cute guy! No offense to Rushad but he looks much older than Akshay's character!
he used to be so much fun, i wonder y he had to leave?! is he doin any other shows? coz i m sure we all loved him!

Edited by tinadetroit - 13 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I knew Akshay wud quit !!
He'z got a meatier role in Mera Naam Karegi Roshan !!
I cud figure it out coz hez been missing on the show since soo long !!
Rushad will look like Khushboo ka bhai...LOL...
I hope after his track ends in MNKR ,original akki comes back....!! I dont want any of the cast replaced(including dumbos)....And m talking about the track ending coz I guess hez in a negative role...whatever i have seen of the promos !!
All the actors are soo good that I dont want anyone to leave the show be it a negative character or a positive one...I wont mind Mangal leaving thoπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by togepe30 - 13 years ago
Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I will miss sahil anand as akshay.He is so cute.After karan gals liked him a lot.Sahil is busy wid another show dat's why may be he quit dis show.Will miss him a lot.
HKfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh boy! Now what? guess Akshay is getting busy with his other shows! Sob! But hey let's hope Rushad gets into the role and helps us get over this change!
-Amrita2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Thanx for the article, Armu......
Hoping that we would be able to forget the actor who did the role of Akshay before
Nish10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Really liked the original akshay. We have got so used to him. Well Rushad suits negative roles better. i am saying this cause i have always seen him as a villan.I hope akki's role does not become negative in future..All the best to Rushad.

tofeeees thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
NAHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN!! this CANNOT happen!! i had a major crush on the previous akshayyy!!! uhuhuhuhuhuhuhh *whineeeesss* although i find this guy cute too but stillllll!! akkkkkiiiii WHYYYY did you quit??! when i read the topic i thot finallly ROHAN enters the picture for natasha! got a rude shock! urgh! oh well wish him all the best here :)
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah! me too liked th oringial Aksahy!!!
but in case of him landing a meateir role thn this then i shall happily bid him adieu and welcome
the new man!!!!!
ha!!cant Akshay aka sahil manage both the shows or Is he getting a lead rolein a new show or something?
wish him all the best and luved him a lot.
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: sshriyaa84

Yeah! me too liked th oringial Aksahy!!!

but in case of him landing a meateir role thn this then i shall happily bid him adieu and welcome
the new man!!!!!
ha!!cant Akshay aka sahil manage both the shows or Is he getting a lead rolein a new show or something?
wish him all the best and luved him a lot.

I think he'z a kinda Parallel lead who is negative on that Zee show...Mera Naam Karegi Roshan !! As he is married to the lead girl ....I saw a promo on Zee....Dont know much coz havent seen the show !! πŸ˜†