Rushad Rana (Rudr's bro)- article

rekhaa10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
The replacement actor Rushad Rana
Buzz up!

In his career span of 12 years, Hip Hip Hurray actor Rushad Rana has replaced actors more than playing characters originally.

Rana replaced the male lead of Shakalaka Boom Boom during its last month and an important character in Bhabhi. Two years later, when he is all set to kick start his second innings on television; he is again replacing two actors on two shows. Must say things haven't changed. Rushad will be the replacement for the role of Akshay Khandelwal in STAR One's Rang Badalti Odhani. In another show he has stepped into the shoes of actor Harsh Khurana who plays Iqbal Khan's brother in Zee TV's Sanjog Se Bani Sangini.

Says Rana, "I have replaced many actors and it certainly feels awkward when you step in their shoes and commence the shoot. I always make it a point to speak to the person who I am replacing, all the more if it's a friend. Fortunately so far, I haven't replaced any friend on a show."

The actor is getting to play two roles which are distinctively different from each other. In Odhani, he plays Akshay Khandelwal who looks after the family business and is a doting son, caring husband and a loving brother. On the other hand in Sangini, he plays a mean-minded man who treats his wife as an object to spit out his anger and frustration at. He talks money and hates his brother Rudra (Iqbal Khan) for he has turned into an alcoholic jilted lover.

He quips, "The two characters are in complete contrast with each other. In Odhani, I play a doting and caring husband who loves his wife. His younger brother Shaan is the apple of his eye. There will be some nice and warm moments between Akshay and his wife on the show. On the other hand, I play a mean and indifferent husband and brother in Sangini who ill-treats his wife and dislikes his brother. I am enjoying working on both the shows."

We don't mind the replacement as long as we get to see talented actor like Rushad step in. Welcome back Rana.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanks rekha, for clearing that up for us.
rekhaa10 thumbnail
@anu: clearing wat? btw i don't know if anybody remember but as per TB article, before the show was launched, this guy was supposed to be acting as Rudr's bro. don't know wat happned then.
..Anusha.. thumbnail
@rekha, many were not sure what had happened to the first bro....and were asking if there was a change....it's nice to get an article about it....and now you say he was supposed to be the original bro....chalo, so now we can start the proper show then....hehe.
Tasneem-17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@rekha: yah the first article abt the cast actually showed him as R's bro. I guess the ct's weren't sure abt the char or may be there was some date issues, as he was still playing some other role in another show. I still prefer him as R's bro. I think he can convey the proper grey shade more perfectly than the earlier actor(no offense to him, he was good too).
..Anusha.. thumbnail
and he's doing 2 shows....so raunaoq should also be able to do 2 shows...hopefully....
yahan pihu has 2 shows as well na....R and A.
Additi_sjfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks... n this guy reminds me of sharman joshi...

now, if only they would replace the creatives....😆
Edited by Additi_sjfan - 13 years ago
rekhaa10 thumbnail

@anu: got it.

@ sj: i agree abt the creatives part.

Also i think now the story will go more into rr, rudr-gauri thing. bcoz i saw a montange after the promo and it showed RR on one side and rudr-gauri's pic on the other. i only hope it doesnt bcome very saas bahuish. and wonder when the one week will end and when will pihu get married to abhay? atleast hopefully then the show will move a little forward!! oh and before i forget thank god that the creatives tried to clear some part of pihu's POV. hopefully they'll clear the rest and move on!

Additi_sjfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rekhaa10

@anu: got it.

@ sj: i agree abt the creatives part.

Also i think now the story will go more into rr, rudr-gauri thing. bcoz i saw a montange after the promo and it showed RR on one side and rudr-gauri's pic on the other. i only hope it doesnt bcome very saas bahuish. and wonder when the one week will end and when will pihu get married to abhay? atleast hopefully then the show will move a little forward!! oh and before i forget thank god that the creatives tried to clear some part of pihu's POV. hopefully they'll clear the rest and move on!

i dont know.. but i've always had a feeling RG story will become a saas bahu story.. n it very well is heading that way...

yeah, cant wait for P,A marriage.. it'll clear some confusion... Pihu pov was like a 360 turn in her character.. partially due to the constant reqs fir Pihu to be positive.. i like her current pov, refusin r for her parents is a much better reason...
Sanu... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the article
so more of rudr home matters and saas bahu plots will be shown from now onwards 🥱
i guess this r bro will also be shouting at g