Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

344471 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
' "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...' A horrible thought came to him, and with it a kind of panic. 'Isn't that a Death Eater idea? Why is that there?'

'It doesn't mean defeating death in the way the Death Eaters mean it, Harry,' said Hermione, her voice gentle. 'It means...you know...living beyond death. Living after death.'

----

Now I want a sigg with that this!
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainbowWarrior

She's mentioned it here in a web chat...

Allie: What did dumbledore truly see in the mirror of erised

J.K. Rowling: He saw his family alive, whole and happy ' Ariana, Percival and Kendra all returned to him, and Aberforth reconciled to him.

(not sure if this link is allowed...)

Oh, cool. Thanks a lot for the link to the web chat. :)
marauder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
'Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards'. Draco to Harry in Goyle getup.
anonymous7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Am I meant to seek, but not to know? ---------- Harry to himself at shell cottage, after their return from Malfoy Manor.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi i m new 2 this forum!! one is from GoF!!
wen harry was learning summoning charm from hermoinee
'Concentrate, Harry, concentratte....'
"What d'you think i'm trying to do?' said Harry angrily.'A filthy great dragon keeps popping up in my head, for some reason.. OK,try again...'
2nd one is again from GoF
He wanted 2 skip Divination 2 keep practising but Hermone refused point blank 2 skive-off Arthimancy,& there was no point staying widout her. He therefore had 2 endure an hour of Prof Trlawney,who spent half the lesson telling every1 that the position of Mars in relation 2 Saturn at that moment meant that the ppl born in July were in great danger of sudden, violent deaths.
'Well that's gud,'said Harry loudly,his temper getting the better of him,'justa s long as it's not drawn-out,I don't want 1 suffer.'
marauder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
its not really a quote its just an instance from goblet of fire just after harry's first task. Madam pomfrey just make a passing comment " last year dementors, this year dragon's , what next?" at first i don't gave a second thought on the dialogue but later on when i was going through this portion and i pondered deeply over this comment and thought madam pomfrey was right they did get something worse than dementors and dragons to endure in their fifth year - UMBRIDGE. Hats of to you J.k.Rowling for giving such a subtle clue about umbridge in fourth year only.LOL.
344471 thumbnail
'Hermione!'
'Harry - you're a great wizard, you know.'
'I'm not as good as you,' said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let go of him.
'Me!' said Hermione. 'Books! And cleverness! There are more important things - friendship and bravery and - oh Harry - be careful!'
_Jiya_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Harry= "And my mum was okay with that?"

"She didn't know too much about it, to tell you the truth," said Sirius. "I mean, James didn't take
Snape on dates with her and jinx him in front of her, did he?"
"- what with Dumbledore gone -" said Fred.

"- we reckon a bit of mayhem —" said George.

"— is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," said Fred.

"You mustn't!" whispered Hermione. "You really mustn't! She'd love a reason to expel you!"

"You don't get it, Hermione, do you?" said Fred, smiling at her. "We don't care about staying anymore. We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first.
_Jiya_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
"I never really gave up on you," she said. "Not really. I always hoped… Hermione told me to get on with life, maybe go out with some other people, relax a bit around you, because I never used to be able to talk if you were in the room, remember? And she thought you might take a bit more notice if I was a bit more — myself."

"Smart girl, that Hermione," said Harry, trying to smile. "I just wish I'd asked you sooner. We could 've had ages… months… years maybe…"

"But you've been too busy saving the wizarding world," said Ginny, half-laughing. "Well… I can't say I'm surprised. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew you wouldn't be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much."
344471 thumbnail
'Last night ... I thought it was my dad who'd conjured my Patronus. I mean, when I saw myself across the lake ... I thought I was seeing him.'
'An easy mistake to make,' said Dumbledore softly. 'I expect you're tired of hearing it, but you do look extraordinarily like James. Except for your eyes ... you have your mother's eyes.'
Harry shook his head.
'It was stupid, thinking it was him,' he muttered. 'I mean, I knew he was dead.'
'You think the dead we have loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble? Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you have need of him. How else could you have produced that particular Patronus? Prongs rode again last night.'
It took a moment for Harry to realize what Dumbledore had said,.
'Sirius told me all about how they became Animagi last night,' said Dumbledore, smiling. 'An extraordinary achievement - not least, keeping it quiet from me. And then I remembered the most unusual form your Patronus took, when it charged Mr Malfoy down at your Quidditch match against Ravenclaw. So you did see your father last night, Harry ... you found him inside yourself.'
And Dumbledore left the office, leaving Harry to his very confused thoughts.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago