Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
"Did you like question ten, Moony?" asked Sirius

"Loved it. Give five signs that identify the werewolf. Excellent question." said Lupin

"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in tones of mock concern

"Think I did. One: he's sitting on my chair. Two: he's wearing my clothes. Three: his name's Remus Lupin."
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Luna is the best

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

"No, I think I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up.... It always does in the end"

"I think they think I'm a bit odd, you know. Some people call me Loony Lovegood actually"

Quidditch Commentary 😆

"And that's Smith of Hufflepuff with the Quaffle," said a dreamy voice, echoing over the grounds. "He did the commentary last time, of course, and Ginny Weasley flew into him, I think probably on purpose, it looked like it. Smith was being quite rude about Gryffindor, I expect he regrets that now he's playing them — oh, look, he's lost the Quaffle, Ginny took it from him, I do like her, she's very nice. ..."

Harry stared down at the commentator's podium. Surely nobody in their right mind would have let Luna Lovegood commentate? But even from above there was no mistaking that long, dirty-blonde hair, nor the necklace of butterbeer corks. . . . Beside Luna, Professor McGonagall was looking
slightly uncomfortable, as though she was indeed having second thoughts about this appointment.

". . . but now that big Hufflepuff player's got the Quaffle from , her, I can't remember his name, it's something like Bibble — no, Buggins —"

"It's Cadwallader!" said Professor McGonagall loudly from beside Luna. The crowd laughed.

RainbowWarrior thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Luna is the best

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

"No, I think I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up.... It always does in the end"

"I think they think I'm a bit odd, you know. Some people call me Loony Lovegood actually"

Quidditch Commentary 😆

"And that's Smith of Hufflepuff with the Quaffle," said a dreamy voice, echoing over the grounds. "He did the commentary last time, of course, and Ginny Weasley flew into him, I think probably on purpose, it looked like it. Smith was being quite rude about Gryffindor, I expect he regrets that now he's playing them ' oh, look, he's lost the Quaffle, Ginny took it from him, I do like her, she's very nice. ..."

Harry stared down at the commentator's podium. Surely nobody in their right mind would have let Luna Lovegood commentate? But even from above there was no mistaking that long, dirty-blonde hair, nor the necklace of butterbeer corks. . . . Beside Luna, Professor McGonagall was looking
slightly uncomfortable, as though she was indeed having second thoughts about this appointment.

". . . but now that big Hufflepuff player's got the Quaffle from , her, I can't remember his name, it's something like Bibble ' no, Buggins '"

"It's Cadwallader!" said Professor McGonagall loudly from beside Luna. The crowd laughed.

Her Quidditch commentary is surely incomplete without Loser's Lurgy 😃

"...but Luna did not seem to have noticed; she appeared singularly uninterested in such mundane things as the score, and kept attempting to draw the crowd's attention to such things as interestingly shaped clouds and the possibility that Zacharias Smith, who had so far failed to maintain possession of the Quaffle for longer than a minute, was suffering from something called "Loser's Lurgy." "
RainbowWarrior thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VirgoVixen

^Hmm, that's really interesting. My interpretation was that he's being evasive about himself, never thought that he actually saw the socks. Did JKR talk about this in any interview, anyone knows? Cos I do remember her answering something related to this. I'll share it if I find it.

She's mentioned it here in a web chat...

Allie: What did dumbledore truly see in the mirror of erised

J.K. Rowling: He saw his family alive, whole and happy – Ariana, Percival and Kendra all returned to him, and Aberforth reconciled to him.

(not sure if this link is allowed...)

Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I LOVE fred and george! here is one quote by them, which i don't think anyone has posted so far:

Fred and George, however, found all this very funny. They went out of their way to march ahead of Harry down the corridors, shouting, "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..."

🤣

this is from Ron:

"Can I have a look at Uranus, too, Lavender?" 🤣 Oh the things he says!

"What's up with you, Hermione?"
She was gazing out the window, but not as though she really saw it. Her eyes were unfocused and there was a frown on her face.
"Just thinking..." she said, still frowning.
"About Siri -- Snuffles?" said Harry.
"No...not exactly..." said Hermione slowly. "More...wondering...I suppose we're doing the right thing...I think....aren't we?"
Harry and Ron looked at each other.
"Well, that clears that up," said Ron. "It would have been really annoying if you hadn't explained yourself properly."
🤣 Gotta love Ron and Hermione!

I love the Weasleys!😳😆

Edited by Rapier - 13 years ago
Rapier thumbnail
"Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my... displeasure."

"Oh, very good," interrupted Snape, his lip curling. "Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'"

Snape is awesome!😆

"For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That's a basilisk, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that's glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it's safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do."

"Are you trying to weasel out of showing us any of this stuff?" said Zacharias Smith.
"Here's an idea," said Ron loudly, "why don't you shut your mouth?"
"Well, we've all turned up to learn from him, and now he's telling us he can't really do any of it," he said.
"That's not what he said," said Fred Weasley.
"Would you like us to clean out your ears for you?" inquired George, pulling a long and lethal-looking metal instrument from inside one of the Zonko's bags.
"Or any part of your body, really, we're not fussy where we stick this," said Fred.
🤣

I love Rapier aka Fred!😳😆
sunaena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I LOVE the quotes! all of them!
i lovee this one by dobby!! in DH p1!
Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously Injure!
Rapier thumbnail
"Always." ~Snape.

one word, but meant a whole lot!😉
344471 thumbnail
"Doctors? Those Muggle nutters that cut people up? Nah, they're Healers."

Ron exclaims at Harry's question regarding whether the witches and wizards in St. Mungo's are doctors or not. This line sent me to fits of laughter. Ron can be so adorable and funny at times.
344471 thumbnail
Right after Ron's comeback and the destruction of the Horcrux:

'I'm sorry,' he said in a thick voice. 'I'm sorry I left. I know I was a - a -'

He looked around at the darkness, as if hoping a bad enough word would swoop down upon him and claim him.

'You've sort of made up for it tonight,' said Harry. 'Getting the sword. Finishing off the Horcrux. Saving my life.'

'That makes me sound a lot cooler than I was,' Ron mumbled.

'Stuff like that always sound cooler than it really was,' said Harry. 'I've been trying to tell you that for years.'