Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
  • Albus Dumbledore
    It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.
frm HPDH.
Mahima_13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i just love all the dialogues of sirius black
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

These are my best ones..

"To the well organised minds, death is but the next adventure"

and this one is my fav

"She's Ron's sister.
But she's ditched Dean!
She's still Ron's sister.
I'm his best mate!
That'll make it worse.
If I talked to him first-
He'd hit you.
What if I don't care?
He's your best mate!"

and i couldn't and still can't stop laughin at this conversation, no matter howmuchever times i hav read it-

"Harry, I can't stand it!'

"You can't stand what?" asked Harry, now starting to feel definitely alarmed.

"I can't stop thinking about her!" said Ron hoarsely.

"Why does that stop you having breakfast?" Harry asked trying to inject a note of common sense into the proceedings.

"I don't think she knows I exist," said Ron with a desperate gesture.

"She definitely knows you exist," said Harry, bewildered. "She keeps snogging you, doesn't she?"

πŸ˜†

Suha_18 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rpratistha

• Albus Dumbledore
    It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.
frm HPDH.

Dumbledore pretty much has the best qoutes ever...and very true ones as well. I think he's right, people who 'take up the mantle because they must' are the ones that are most successful in fulfilling those responsibilities 😊

Another few quotes...this time from POA:

Chapter 6 - McGonagall

She stopped again, then said, in a very matter-of-fact tone, 'You look in excellent health to me, Potter, so you'll excuse me if I don't let you off homework today. I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in'

Aww...poor Harry, Divination was a basically a useless subject for him...it couldn't even stop him from getting homework πŸ˜†

Chapter 11 - McGonagall

'I doubt it will make much of a difference,' said Professor McGonagall coldy, 'unless a mad axeman is waiting outside the doors to slaughter the first into the Entrance Hall' πŸ˜†

Chapter 22 - Dumbledore

'You think the dead we have loved ever truly leave is? You think we don't recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble? Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you have need of him. How else could you produce that particular Patronus? Prongs rode again last night'

I especially love the part in bold, because I completely agree, the loved ones who pass away always remain in our hearts 😊 😊

Here is a funny one, sorry if it is posted already

Maoning Myrtle: Oh, Harry? If you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet.
Harry :Uh... thanks, Myrtle.
Its from the harry potter and the chamber of secrets i guess..
asmita1429 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
"Agreed",said Fred."So,people,lets try & calm down a bit.Things are bad enough without inventing stuff as well.For instance,this new idea that YOU-Know-Who can kill with a singleglace from his eyes.That's Basilisk,listeners.One simple test:check whether the thing that's glaring at you got legs.If it has,it's safe to look into its eyes,although if it really is YOU-Know-who,thats still likely to be the last thing you ever do."
🀣 🀣
430105 thumbnail
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Peeves: We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!

Lmao, the entire Voldy's gone moldy was kinda hillarious🀣
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great quotes, everyone!πŸ˜›
coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Curiosity is not a sin.... But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Albus Dumbledore
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but it's one of my favorite trio quotes:

"We'll be there Harry," said Ron.

"What?" "At your Aunt's and Uncle's house," said Ron, "And then we'll go with you wherever you're going."

"No-" said Harry quickly; he hadn't counted on this, he had meant them to understand that he was undertaking the most dangerous journey alone.

You said it once before," said Hermione quickly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we? We're with you whatever happens."

(Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)