Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Seebz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities".-Albus dumbledore.😊
sush_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Seebz

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities".-Albus dumbledore.😊

good one
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I didn't read all these. So if someone else has posted, I am sorry...but I loved this...
"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have" - Hermione
Something I found very realistic...sometimes guys never understand girls. πŸ˜†
VarunKiBiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Curiosity is not a sin... But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed. ~J.K. Rowling, "The Pensieve," Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2000, spoken by the character Albus Dumbledore Love this one!!
415868 thumbnail
I don't know if this was posted. But I laugh everytime I read this:

Trelawney: Look into your orbs.What do you see, my dears?
Ron: A miserable old bat in outsized specs? 🀣🀣🀣

LOL! Don't remember exact words but hilarious stuff from Ron.

And then Fred's : He can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with a shampoo. 🀣

And their Radio broadcast in DH πŸ˜† Rapier and Rivers(?) or somethingπŸ˜† They were HILARIOUS!!! And their voices DRIPPING with amusement and sarcasm at the rumours of people spotting "you-know-who" everywhere and his ability to kill with a glance 🀣

Dumbledore has the best lines wisdom wise. The whole convo at the end of DH at King's Cross was brilliant!!! I love this one specially:

Harry:Is it real or it's happening inside my head?
Dumbledore: Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? πŸ‘
Break.The.Code thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I have loved and simply LOVED Dumbledore's lines!I loved "help will Always be given at Hogwarts to anyone who asks for it!"It was WOW!!I loveee this line and when Hermoine mentions about Dumbledore,"He loved you Harry," she said in a voice barely a whisper ," You knew he did"--Deathly Hallows..
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I love Fred/George hilarious quotes. Although this isn't the right place for me to post them, I would still do ;)

"We tried to shut him in a pyramid, but Mum spotted us." -George

-- From POA, about Percy πŸ˜†

"Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy--"
"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing."
Percy scowled.
"That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley.
"Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand too. "How really corking to see you--"

-- From POA, again πŸ˜ƒ

"We've got it [ Percy's Head Boy badge]. We're improving it." The badge now read, "Bighead Boy."

-- POA

"So top grade's O for 'Outstanding,'" she [Hermione] was saying, "and then there's A-"
"No, E," George corrected her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."

-- This is from GOF, I think?

"Well, I certainly don't," said Percy sanctimoniously. "I shudder to think what the state of my in-tray would be if I was away from work for five days."
"Yeah, someone might slip dragon dung in it again, eh, Perce?" said Fred.
"That was a sample of fertilizer from Norway!" said Percy, going very red in the face. "It was nothing personal!"
"It was," Fred whispered to Harry as they got up from the table. "We sent it."

-- One of my favourites from GOF. Percy deserves it, haha 🀣

"What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"
"Oh no, Ron," came Fred's voice, very sarcastically. "No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up."
"Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here," said George, whose voice sounded muffled, as though he was squashed against the wall.

-- From GOF, speaking about being stuck in the chimney or something πŸ˜†

For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That's a basilisk, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that's glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it's safe to look into it's eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do. [Fred]

-- From DH: Some much needed humour πŸ˜†
Edited by Ebony- - 12 years ago
Break.The.Code thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
@Ebony..LMAO!!!I simply love Fred nd George!!they are too good..ha ha ha...
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very beautiful thread! Compendium of wisdom! :)

most of the superb quotes have already been mentioned..heres a touching one from page 334 of HBP-

D: well it appears that Rufus found a way to corner you at last.
H: he accused me of being 'dumbledore's man through and through'.
D: how very rude of him.
H: i told him i was.
Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. Behind Harry, Fawkes the phoenix let out a low, soft, musical cry. To harry's intense embarrassment,he realised that dumbledore's bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knees. When dumbledore spoke, however, his voice was quite steady.
D: i am very touched, Harry.
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Another very TRUE Saying my Dumbledore...from page 336 of HBP.

Ah, Harry, how often this happens, even between the best of friends! Each of us believe that what he has to say is much more important than anything the other might have to contribute!