Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mazzy111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: _Jiya_

"You thought that I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps you hoped? What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!"

by Fleur in HBP

thts one of my favourite parts in the HBP, also the scene wth lupin and tonks after is really cute!😳
Mazzy111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ninotchka

Reading COS again...I'll keep jotting down the COS quotes I like:

"Hands on?" said Harry, who was trying to grab a pixie dancing out of reach with its tongue out. 'Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing.' [ON Gilderoy Lockhart]
'Rubbish,' said Hermione. 'You've read his books - look at all those amazing things he's done...'
'He says he's done,' Ron muttered.

'At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in,' said Hermione sharply. 'They got in on pure talent.'

The smug look on Malfoy's face flickered.
'No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood,' he spat.
Harry knew at once that Malfoy had said something really bad because there was an instant uproar at his words. Flint had to dive in front of Malfoy to stop Fred and George jumping on him, Alicia shrieked,'How dare you!' and Ron plunged his hand into his robes, pulled out his wand, yelling, 'You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!' and pointed it furiously under Flint's arm at Malfoy's face.
A loud bang echoed around the stadium and a jet of green light shot out of the wrong end of Ron's wand, hitting him in the stomach and sending him reeling backwards onto the grass.
'Ron! Ron! Are you all right?' squealed Hermione.

GO HERMIONE! πŸ₯³I'm reading COS and Draco is being such a pain in the rear, it's irritating. πŸ˜†πŸ₯±

after malfoy calls hermione a mudblood, i like the way fred and george, alicia and ron jump to defend her, its really nice! it shws tht thyr all friends! and poor ron, getting hit by the backfiring spell of belching slugs, yuck! i really wish it hd hit malfoy!
344471 thumbnail

Has this been posted?

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live."
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Has this been posted?

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live."

No I don't think this one's been posted, it's a really good one. Mirror of Erised is the best chapter in Book 1 :)
344471 thumbnail
'Excuse me, Professor Flitwick, could I borrow Wood for a moment?'
Wood? thought Harry, bewildered; was Wood a cane she was going to use on him?
But Wood turned out to be a person...
🀣 LOL! I love Jo's sense of humor.πŸ˜†
344471 thumbnail

'To one as young as you, I'm sure it seems incredible, but to Nicolas and Perenelle, it really is like going to bed after a very, very long day. After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure. You know the Stone was really not such a wonderful thing. As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things which are worst for them.'

Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
wonkyfaint thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

'Excuse me, Professor Flitwick, could I borrow Wood for a moment?'

Wood? thought Harry, bewildered; was Wood a cane she was going to use on him?
But Wood turned out to be a person...
🀣 LOL! I love Jo's sense of humor.πŸ˜†

I love her sense of humour too, I esp. love it when she jokes about the sensationalism created by the media for non-issues...on her site she's refuted rumors about her writing HP on paper napkins. πŸ˜†This is what inspired Rita Skeeter I guess. πŸ˜†
Angry_Bird thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I'm reading GOF once again.. Found this 2 quotes really funny especially George's one..

"It was someone being tortured!" said Neville who had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. "You're going to have to fight the cruciatus curse!"

"Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal" said George. " They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing... may be you've t attack him while he is in the shower. Harry"🀣

Edited by --shama-- - 13 years ago
.Crystal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I really luv this line by Albus Dumbledore

"I am not worried, Harry, I am with you."
in Half blood Prince

and this one too...from Philosopher's stone

Dumbledore: "Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him? It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you. And that kind of act leaves a mark... This kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."
Harry: "What is it?"
Dumbledore: "Love, Harry. Love."
Edited by notepad697 - 13 years ago
wonkyfaint thumbnail
'Oh, you're so nave sometimes, Harry. You really think Umbridge will wait for proof?' said Hermione, who seemed determined to be in a towering temper, and she swept off towards the girls' dormitories, banging the door behind her.
'Such a lovely, sweet-tempered girl,' said Ron, very quietly, prodding his queen forward to beat up one of Harry's knights. πŸ˜†

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Good idea," whispered Hermione, clearly pleased that Harry was calming down. "Ron, what are you staring at?"
"Nothing," said Ron, hastily looking away from the bar, but Harry knew he was trying to catch the eye of curvy and attractive barmaid, Madam Rosmerta, for whom he had long nursed a soft spot.
"I expect 'nothing's' in the back getting more firewhisky," said Hermione waspishly.🀣
Ron ignored this jibe, sipping his drink in what he evidently considered to be a dignified silence. Harry was thinking about Sirius, and how he had hated those silver goblets anyway. Hermione drummed her fingers on the table, her eyes flickering between Ron and the bar.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"HERMIONE!" Ron bellowed, and he started to writhe and struggle against the ropes tying them together, so that Harry staggered. "HERMIONE!"
"Be quiet!" Harry said.
"Shut up, Ron, we need to work out a way – "
"HERMIONE! HERMIONE!"
"We need a plan, stop yellingβ€”we need to get these ropes offβ€”"
Hermione screamed again from overhead, and they could hear Bellaatrix screaming too, but her words were inaudible, for Ron shouted again, "HERMIONE! HERMIONE!"
….
"We found it – we found it – PLEASE!" Hermione screamed again; Ron struggled harder than ever, and the rusty nail slipped onto Harry's wrist.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

^I love this part of the book. These two (Ron and Hermione) havn't said many nice things to each other...or about each other. But the nature of their relationship is such that... they don't need to. They're simply not your regular couple...they're the ideal...the kind who would gladly give their lives up for each other or do anything for one another...and yet not make a huge deal of it...or any deal about it. There's no one quite like them.