Views

Users

Frequent Posters

579908 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Favorite Quotes by Luna Lovegood

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
--------------------------------------------------
"I've been able to see them ever since my first year here. They've always pulled the carriages. Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am."
"There are plenty of eyewitness accounts, just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you--"
"It's good, isn't it? I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. Anyway...good luck, Ronald!"
"Dad's reprinting! He can't believe it, he says people seem even more interested in this than the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks!"
"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."
"Oh, come on. You heard them, just behind the veil, didn't you? They were just lurking out of sight, that's all. You heard them."
"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends."
"Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?"
"The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic using a combination of Dark magic and gum disease."
"A Wrackspurt - they're invisible, they float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," she said. "I thought I felt one zooming around in here."
"Yes," said Luna simply, "My mother. She was a quite an extraordinary witch, you know, but she did like to experiment and one of her spells went rather badly wrong one day. I was nine."
"I'll distract them all," she said. "Use your Cloak." And before he [Harry] could say a word, she had cried, "Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" and pointed out the window.
-------------------------------------------------
"Daddy, lookβ€”one of the gnomes actually bit me!"
"I've never stunned anyone except in our D.A. lessons," said Luna, sounding mildly interested. "That was noisier than I thought it would be."
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awesome thread, loved reading all of them again.

"Them! Don' listen properly, do they? Don' look properly either. Never notice nuffink, they don't."

-- Stan Shunpike on us Muggles πŸ˜†

"But you're Muggles! We must have a drink! What's that you've got there? Oh, you're changing Muggle money. Molly, look!"

-- Arthur Weasley upon meeting the Grangers in Gringotts (future in-laws right there) 😳

'… everyone thinks he's so smart, wonderful Potter with his scar and his broomstick –'
'You have told me this at least a dozen times already,' said Mr Malfoyβ€¦πŸ€£πŸ€£

"When you say you have lots in common," said Ron, sounding rather amused now, do you mean he lives in an S-bend, too?"
"No," said Myrtle defiantly, her voice echoing loudly around the old tiled bathroom. "I mean he's sensitive, people bully him, too, and he feels lonely and hasn't got anybody to talk to, and he's not afraid to show his feelings and cry!"

Hagrid:
"Great man, Dumbledore. 'S long as we've got him, I'm not too worried." Hagrid❀️

"Look," said Hermione patiently, "it's always you who gets all the attention, you know it is. I know it's not your fault," she added quickly, seeing Harry open his mouth furiously. "I know you don't ask for it ... but – well – you know, Ron's got all those brothers to compete against at home, and you're his best friend, and you're really famous – he's always shunted to one side whenever people see you, and he puts up with it, and he never mentions it, but I suppose this is just one time too many..."
^ I LOVEEE THIS! She just understands, ya know.

wonkyfaint thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rapier

I LOVE fred and george! here is one quote by them, which i don't think anyone has posted so far:

Fred and George, however, found all this very funny. They went out of their way to march ahead of Harry down the corridors, shouting, "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..."

🀣

this is from Ron:

"Can I have a look at Uranus, too, Lavender?" 🀣 Oh the things he says!

"What's up with you, Hermione?"
She was gazing out the window, but not as though she really saw it. Her eyes were unfocused and there was a frown on her face.
"Just thinking..." she said, still frowning.
"About Siri -- Snuffles?" said Harry.
"No...not exactly..." said Hermione slowly. "More...wondering...I suppose we're doing the right thing...I think...aren't we?"
Harry and Ron looked at each other.
"Well, that clears that up," said Ron. "It would have been really annoying if you hadn't explained yourself properly."
🀣 Gotta love Ron and Hermione!

I love the Weasleys!πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

OMG. Initially, I didn't even get the Uranus joke...until someone told me about it. Another one I didn't get was this 'augury' one until I read it on the internet:

"How d'you spell 'belligerent'?" said Ron, shaking his quill very hard while staring at his parchment. "It can't be B-U-M-"
"No, it isn't," said Hermione, pulling Ron's essay toward her. "And 'augury' doesn't begin O-R-G either. What kind of quill are you using?" (O-M-G!)πŸ˜†
"It's one of Fred and George's Spell-Check ones... but I think the charm must be wearing off..."
"Yes, it must," said Hermione, pointing at the title of his essay, "because we were asked how we'd deal with dementors, not 'Dugbogs,' and I don't remember you changing your name to 'Roonil Wazlib' either."

And yep, I'm a huuugee Weasley fan too.πŸ˜†

Mazzy111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i love luna, she is soo funny and nice! you guys have some very good quotes!
344471 thumbnail

'It's all right,' said a dreamy voice from beside Harry as Ron vanished into the coach's dark interior. 'You're not going mad or anything. I can see them, too.'

'Can you?' said Harry desperately, turning to Luna. He could see the bat-winged horses reflected in her wide silvery eyes.
'Oh, yes,' said Luna, 'I've been able to see them ever since my first day here. They've always pulled the carriages. Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am.'
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Haha, she had the best and most epic entry ever. I always reread this chapter just for her. She's a legend. One of Jo's most fascinating creations along with Hermione and Dumbledore.
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Can I post a Voldy's tweet here? It's nice:-

Dolores Umbridge is still trending. "I heard a dementor kissed her once and it died."

🀣
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Doe.

Can I post a Voldy's tweet here? It's nice:-

Dolores Umbridge is still trending. "I heard a dementor kissed her once and it died."

🀣

🀣voldy is a genius! πŸ˜† here is another one by him: "Don't think words can change a person's life? I have two words for you: Avada Kedavra." clever!πŸ˜†
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lol Rapier 🀣
That was a good one. We can fill up this thread with his tweets, but it would be injustice I guess πŸ˜†
_Jiya_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
"You thought that I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps you hoped? What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!"

by Fleur in HBP
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Reading COS again...I'll keep jotting down the COS quotes I like:

"Hands on?" said Harry, who was trying to grab a pixie dancing out of reach with its tongue out. 'Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing.' [ON Gilderoy Lockhart]
'Rubbish,' said Hermione. 'You've read his books - look at all those amazing things he's done...'
'He says he's done,' Ron muttered.

'At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in,' said Hermione sharply. 'They got in on pure talent.'

The smug look on Malfoy's face flickered.
'No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood,' he spat.
Harry knew at once that Malfoy had said something really bad because there was an instant uproar at his words. Flint had to dive in front of Malfoy to stop Fred and George jumping on him, Alicia shrieked,'How dare you!' and Ron plunged his hand into his robes, pulled out his wand, yelling, 'You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!' and pointed it furiously under Flint's arm at Malfoy's face.
A loud bang echoed around the stadium and a jet of green light shot out of the wrong end of Ron's wand, hitting him in the stomach and sending him reeling backwards onto the grass.
'Ron! Ron! Are you all right?' squealed Hermione.

GO HERMIONE! πŸ₯³I'm reading COS and Draco is being such a pain in the rear, it's irritating. πŸ˜†πŸ₯±
Edited by Ninotchka - 13 years ago