Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Jiya_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: cutest_angel

Oh my goodness...i have such huge list of my all time favorite Harry Potter quotes!! ☺️

Will post them soon...but the one quote that comes to my right now is "I solemnly swear that i am up to no good!" πŸ˜†

And this quote/statement is basically used from third book onwards! πŸ˜ƒ

"Mischief Manged"
344471 thumbnail
Rowling is a genius. Looking at this thread made me realize that once again.
344471 thumbnail
'I don't know who Maxime thinks she's kidding,' Harry said, watching Madame Maxime sitting alone at the jungles' table, looking very sombre. 'If Hagrid's half-giant, she definitely is. Big bones ... the only thing that's got bigger bones than her is a dinosaur.'

🀣
344471 thumbnail
'Hermione, Neville's right - you are a girl ...'
'Oh, well spotted,' she said acidly.
'Well - you can come with one of us!'
'No, I can't,' snapped Hermione.
'Oh , come on,' he said impatiently, 'we need partners, we're going to look really stupid if we haven't got any, everyone else has ...'
'I can't come with you,' said Hermione, now blushing, 'because I'm already going with someone.'
'No, you're not!' said Ron. 'You just said that to get rid of Neville!'
'Oh, did I?' said Hermione, and her eyes flashed dangerously. 'Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!'
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great quotes, everyone! I really love this thread a lot!πŸ‘
Rowling truly was a genius, almost every other line in the books was a quote.
Mazzy111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey everyone! all the quotes are wicked! and theyr a couple of my favs in there aswell! i love Fred and Geroges comments the most! aswell as Dumbledores, but Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Lupin, Sirius and Snape aswell as the others all have moments of their own aswell! i like ths oneHarry: i heard you had an argument wth scrimgouer Dumbledore: yes, we had a bt of a disagreement Harry: he called me Dumbledores man through and through
Dumbledore: How rude of him
Harry: i said i was
Harrry looked up at Dumbledore, and was very embarassed to find that Dumbledore had tears in his eyes, he quickly looked down again, after a while Dumbledore: thank you Harry!
i loved tht whole scene, i read it like 5 times!
i also liked the part where Harry came in to Dumbledores office fuming after finding tht Snape was the one who listend to the prophecy about him and Voldemort and wnt and told him,
Dumbledor: whts the matter harry
Harry: nothng
Dumbledore: whts upset you?
Harry: nothng
Dumbldore: you were nevr very good at occulumncy
i like ths part bcz it shows tht Dumbledore knws tht Harry's upset and tht somethngs bothering him, even if he doesnt knw, and he cares for him aswell!
also the part where he takes Harry to get the fake horcrux, he tells him that he has to listen to him, if he syas run, hide, leave him, he has to, tht part was very powerful, it shws tht Dumbledore wd sacrifice himself to save Harry, and in the end he kinda does, in a way, correct me if im wrong plz! bt i love the relationship btween Harry and Dumbledore!
Edited by Mazzy111 - 13 years ago
344471 thumbnail
'It is my fault that Sirius died,' said Dumbledore clearly. 'Or should I say, almost entirely my fault - I will not be so arrogant as to claim responsibility for the whole.'
344471 thumbnail
'I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed - or worse, expelled. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed.'
[PS, Chapter: The Midnight Duel]
'Come off it,' groaned Ron. 'You want us to do extra work? D'you realize Harry and I are behind on homework again and it's only the second week?'
'But this is much more important than homework!' said Hermione.
Harry and Ron goggled at her.
'I didn't think there was anything in the universe more important than homework!' said Ron.
'Don't be silly, of course there is,' said Hermione, and Harry saw, with an ominous feeling, that her face was suddenly alight with the kind of fervour that SPEW usually inspired in her.
[OoTP, Chapter: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor]
------------
Haha, I love how Hermione grows in the books from the nerdy, insufferable know-it-all to the confident, matured, young girl. πŸ‘
marauder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
One more instance from half blood prince :
In the begining of novel when Dumbledore fetched Harry and asked him to keep his wand ready but then said it was unlikely that he was going to be attacked because he was with him. But and then at the end when Dumbledore was weak due to the potion he drank he told Harry he was not afraid as he was with him. It tells us that now the time has come for Harry for take the responsiblit on his own shoulders.
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

'Hermione, Neville's right - you are a girl ...'
'Oh, well spotted,' she said acidly.
'Well - you can come with one of us!'
'No, I can't,' snapped Hermione.
'Oh , come on,' he said impatiently, 'we need partners, we're going to look really stupid if we haven't got any, everyone else has ...'
'I can't come with you,' said Hermione, now blushing, 'because I'm already going with someone.'
'No, you're not!' said Ron. 'You just said that to get rid of Neville!'
'Oh, did I?' said Hermione, and her eyes flashed dangerously. 'Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!'

One of my favvv parts. 😳 πŸ˜†