-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
I just watched the SBS video where they talk about Avdesh as the dabangg of small screen. Ashish said to the camera that he doesn't think the story of Avdesh is inspired by Dabangg movie but instead the character of Avdesh is more like the Omi of Omkara. And then adds that since Omkara was inspired by Othello then GKD is also inspired by Othello. 😭 If this is true... I will curse Shakespear to hell...itni tragedy kyun likhta tha yaar. Sara mazza kharab ho jaayega. The way the story is set up it does remind me so much of Omkara. :( I can't watch another tragedy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SilverFlames- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I too heard it is based on Omkara-Othello and also the original novel Gunahon Ka Devta was a tragedy whereby the main lead are seperated as Arpita's character is married off? buh seeing as it is a drama serial it may shape up differently. =)
-Rema- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _Sanjana23_

I too heard it is based on Omkara-Othello and also the original novel Gunahon Ka Devta was a tragedy whereby the main lead are seperated as Arpita's character is married off? buh seeing as it is a drama serial it may shape up differently. =)

i hope so.
ReginaAli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sanjana dear i really hope your right
can't bear to watch Arpita marry that creep
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Sanjana... are you saying that this show is based on the novel with the same name written by Dharamvi Bharti? I don't think so. Though the setting of the novel was in Allahbaad, i think the stories are completely different. The hero wasn't a gunda... The girl was the daughter of a professor at a university and the two were friends until they realized their love... and then sacrificed it. I don't think this show will take that path. Avdesh doesn't seem like the guy to sacrifice his love and let her marry a jerk that will make his life miserable.

but for some reason, since i saw this week's epis i have a sinking feeling that this will turn into a tragedy of epic proportions and i am gonna be crying my eyeballs out.
Edited by -JC- - 14 years ago
remosalsa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Girls, even i am getting this feeling, that hope it doesn't turn another tradgedy one😔
even i saw in sbs, that Ashis, has said, its based on character of Omi, frm Omkara, still tragedy..
& he had even said, that his character, is inspired frm real life gunda, who was killed recently, in an encounter.if they take story with these, & what if it ends on tragic note😲,
Don't want Avdesh to die here🥺, i can't bear this tragedy anymore
& as u said, Avdesh doesn't seem like a guy who will sacrifise his love for other
-SilverFlames- thumbnail
@JC: Before the drama started that was what the scoop was, I have never read the novel but had heard alot about it.
However It seems that the story is different. I have also heard that Avdesh's character is based on Omi.. and yes I can see this week the story becoming more and more dramatic indicating a storm ahead,

However like I said the storyline will have to be somewhat different as its not the case of a 3 hour movie.. Its a full length drama serial so the CV's have to be careful with tracks. Firstly because people will lose interest and secondly Imagine isn't a very popular channel so if the show needs to do well it has to keep up with TRPs which won't come if they make it a tragedy.. :D

@Ashu: No, I don't think Avdesh will sacrifice.. and also we should forget the tagline of the show..

'Voh pyaar he kya jo aapki hifaazat na kaar sake'

and the pyaar ki hifazaat hasn't happened yet.. I think we should just sit back and wait and watch..
remosalsa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Yaa, Sanjana, i agree👏, we should just wait & see😳, & make it more popular with our votes, so they can, make an interesting story ahead
yaa, still pyar is not yet confessed, & then it will come as hifazat😍
& i don't want any trragedy here, first only imagine's 2 shows ended on tragedy note👎🏼, & didn't become popular😔
-SilverFlames- thumbnail
^^ exactly Ashu.. Tragedy always fail so the CV's may start off with rocky story but in the end the lead couple come together..

I can't wait for the pyaar&hifaazat.. 😍
.ayesha. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

i agree with u and i really think it will