Columns
Mumbai Dope
Virtual Gallery
Mumbaikar
Mid Day Poll

When Harsh wed Catherine
By: Shaheen Parkar
February 9, 2005

LONDON WEDDING: The newly-weds Harsh (Vivek Gomber) and Catherine (Susanne Bernert) of Astitva
The London schedule of Zee's Astitva β€” Ek Prem Kahani will have old flames Dr Simran (Niki Aneja Walia) and Abhimanyu (Varun Badola) catching up on each other in London much to the chagrin of Simran's father Saurabh Mathur (Alok Nath).

The London episodes will also have the marriage ceremony of Simran's bua's (Anju Mahendroo) anglised son Harsh (Vivek Gomber from Singapore) and his older English girlfriend Catherine (Susanne Bernert from Germany).

"We shot the entire wedding sequence like a typical lavish Indian affair with several local artistes doing walk-in roles," says producer-director Ajai Sinha.

Now that Simran's bua has her son married, she will want Simran to pick up the pieces of her life.

GUESTS FROM MUMBAI: Harsh, Simran (Nikki Aneja Walia), Abhimanyu (Varun Badola) and Catherine
"There is going to be one major twist in the storytelling in Astitva post the wedding sequence," informs Sinha. But he does not want to divulge more info on this front "as it would mean giving away the suspense element of the soap."

Sinha adds that the London trip was an eyeopener on how popular the serial is in England. Zee had organised a 'meet the Astitva stars' contest where winners could get invited for dinner with the cast or invite the team over to their homes.

"We were stunned when one competition winner's house had over 50 people waiting to meet and greet us!"

TIME TO CATCH UP ON THE PAST: Simran and Abhimanyu take time off from the wedding
Incidentally, two members of the cast had faced a scare at London airport on landing when their papers were found lacking to allow them to enter the country.

The work permits of Mahendroo and Gomber were found incomplete by the airport officials.

While Sinha rushed to make the necessary papers from Zee's London office, some of the airport folk had recognised the cast "and that made it easier for us to get the paperwork done."

REACHING OUT: Simran with bua (Anju Mahendroo) post the celebrations
There was also an incident during a shoot outside Westminster. "The assistant cameraman was taking stock shots when all of a sudden a police van arrived. The cameraman began filming them.

This shocked the cops leading to our paper work being checked as we were filming near the houses of parliament."

Astitva, which airs at 8.30 pm, also had a Singapore shoot schedule last June. It has been on air for over two years.

Film front

Ajai Sinha
Ajai Sinha will direct a film to be co-produced by Prakash Jha Productions and Entertainment One.

"It is a romantic comedy," he says. "We are working on the screenplay after which we will begin casting."

This film is written by Ishaan Trivedi with screenplay by Raghuvir Shekhawat. Sinha's film debut as director was with the youth flick Stop! which released in November.

It starred Gauri Karnik, Ishitaa Arun, Tejaswani Kolhapure and Rocky Bhatia. Sinha has also directed another youth-centric film Bachelors (Sharman Joshi, Riya and Raima Sen) which has yet to see light of day.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RS87 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

hey tnx for sharin...wonder wats e twist gonna be...

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
lets just wait and see. I hope it is Abhi and Simran getting together. But Abhi looks really cheerful in those pictures after Neha's death.
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Sree,

I think we cannot say when the pictures are taken. It could be they were taken outside of the shoot or during the contest winner sessions. It cannot be expected for Abhi to be sad at that point

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow... this does look exciting... what cud the new twist BE? I'm sure we'll get more clues as the serial unfolds....

Abhi and Simran.. looks like their destinies are hopelessly intertwined.. one or the other always keeps running away but they keep finding each other at the oddest of places... πŸ€”

Is it more popular in UK than it is in India? I read somewhere that it has managed to garner plenty of critical acclaim in India which unfortunately did NOT translate into viewership..! πŸ˜”
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: queenbee

Wow... this does look exciting... what cud the new twist BE? I'm sure we'll get more clues as the serial unfolds....

Abhi and Simran.. looks like their destinies are hopelessly intertwined.. one or the other always keeps running away but they keep finding each other at the oddest of places... πŸ€”

Is it more popular in UK than it is in India? I read somewhere that it has managed to garner plenty of critical acclaim in India which unfortunately did NOT translate into viewership..! πŸ˜”

good serials hardly ever do.....For that it should have been known as 'Kastitva kek kprem kkhani' and would have a certain kekta kapoor for a producer.........

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

good serials hardly ever do.....For that it should have been known as 'Kastitva kek kprem kkhani' and would have a certain kekta kapoor for a producer.........

TRUE πŸ˜†

My father taught me to respect every human being on the planet... but you have to draw the line SOMEWHERE....!!!!πŸ€’πŸ˜†
Edited by queenbee - 19 years ago
pretty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanx for the nice bit of info.....wonder wat the twist wud be
envious_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

thnx a million for the post..lets see what the twist is.. i hope its not four men in black on bikes whooshing the dhoom styleπŸ˜†around a merc like they showed in kahaani followed by a series of bomb blasts!!

im sure the twist in this serial will be a sensible one.. so lets wait n watch.

nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx ...looking 4ward 2 seeing the twist