So Near Yet So Far part 16 updated(arsh fan fic)

AbnerFernandes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
hey guyz this is my second fan fic on arsh plzz read it

Chapter 1

Armaan's

My name is Armaan Malik. I am attending Forks High School as a junior this year. This is not my first time attending high school, in fact, it is my tenth. God, how I hate high school! My 'family' is quite unique. You see'my parents; Shashank and Padma Malik, two brothers Vicky Shah and Atul Malik and two sisters, Keerti Malik and Aahana Shah are vampires. Taking that into consideration, you've probably already guessed we're not really related, but we do feel, act, love, depend, share emotional bonds and live together as a family.

It's March and midway through the term and as usual I am scanning the thoughts of my fellow students, making sure no one has become aware of my families' secrets. Thankfully, the only thing on the minds of the student population today, is the arrival of a new student. Shilpa Malhotra, she is the daughter of the Chief of Police. Thanks to a new custody agreement she has moved from Phoenix Arizona to Forks Washington. That's defiantly someone I will have to seek out later to ensure her father hasn't said anything about us, since that is one of my jobs in our family and I take my job very seriously. I caught a few glimpse of her through the minds of the students that she's met and she looked nice enough, pretty and mature for her age, but surprisingly quiet. I didn't have chance to see her myself until lunch. As I watched her eating with Naina Shah and the others at her table, I tried to peek into her mind. It made no sense that I could clearly see into Naina Shah's to her right and Mike Newton's to her left, who are apparently filling her in on my family, but the center where she sits, is a total void to me. How is there nothing coming from her mind? In my 87 years of mind reading, I have never encountered a mind I couldn't read. Maybe her mental voice is too low? Or'I'm just not close enough? I'll have to wait until I'm closer to her and try again.

Well, luck would be on my side when I saw Shilpa Malhotra walked into my Biology class and the only seat available was next to me, so'it looks like she will be my new lab partner. Hopefully, I'll be able to see into her mind more clearly now. Just then the strangest thing happened as she walked past the fan on the teacher's desk; it blew her lovely hair and her scent my way when she handed in her form from the office to be signed. I was flabbergasted by the scent that hit me; it was like an eighteen wheeler! I froze in my seat grabbing my stool to anchor myself, I could not move if I tried. It was the most beautiful scent I have ever encountered. Not the I want to eat you kind of smell, no'it's the I want to roll myself up and never leave kind of scent, and more then that, its attached to the most beautiful woman I have ever seen! The glimpses from the students earlier did not do her justice by any means. I could not find a single flaw in her, not that I would even want to try.

I watched her trying desperately to read her mind as she made her way to the seat next to me with no luck. With each step she took towards me her scent only got stronger. This floored me; my hands which were clinching to my seat were suddenly on the lab bench in front of me, reaching out to her without me even realizing it, until it was too late. Lucky for me, she suddenly tripped over another student's bag, giving my hands the opportunity they were so desperately seeking. As I quickly caught her and steadied her with shocking results I might add, I literally I felt this shocking feeling coursing through me and it was a magnificent sensation. We both gasped and separated immediately. Honestly though, I wanted more and I could help but wonder if she felt it too or if it was just a reaction to the coldness of my hands. I decided to try to speak to her.

"Hello, I'm Armaan Malik, you must be Shilpa?"

"Um'Shilpa," she stuttered out.

"Shilpa, that's a beautiful name. How do you like Forks so far?" Her voice is as pretty as she is.

"Thanks, its ok, better than I thought it would be." Awe, I like to see her blush.

I couldn't help it, I was staring at her, but she wouldn't take her eyes off her hands, which were sitting on table in front of her. Just then the teacher called class to order, she peeked up at me and all I could do was get lost in her gorgeous brown doe orbs. They definitely would have taken my breath away, if I needed to breathe of course. Vampires don't need to breathe, but we do need to if we want to speak and for hunting. Otherwise, it's just to look more human. As I continued to stare into her melted chocolate colored eyes, I was bombarded with an on-slaught of new emotions that I have never in my very long life experienced. Most of these emotions I have seen in others, but never in myself. They were all there, all at once, desire, jealousy, protectiveness, caring, need, and the most pronounced one was love. So, for the next hour I was trapped in her eyes, feeling after feeling rushed over me and yet'I couldn't look away. No matter how hard I tried, she had me locked into her eyes. Did she even know what she was doing to me? What would all these feelings that I was experiencing do to my family? This would definitely cause much discord amongst my family members and possibly cause us to leave. I can't let that happen, no matter how much it would hurt me. I could survive, but I couldn't hurt my family and definitely not Shilpa! I decided then that I would have to leave and spare all them the pain, but where could I go that Keerti won't see me?

As the bell sounded marking the end of class, I immediately tore my eyes away from her and ran for my car in an attempt to distance myself from the girl and the feelings she seemed to awaken inside of me. My siblings were already gathering around my Volvo. I threw my keys to Aahana without speaking a word and headed to the closest tree line. I ignored the spoken and mental calls from my family, as to what was going on with me. Once inside the trees and away from human eyes, I set off running as fast as I could with no direction in mind. I could still hear Keerti screaming in my head.

"Don't leave us Armaan, please!" So, Keerti had, had a vision of me running, I could only hope she would understand.

I just kept running trying to figure out what was really going on with me and these strange feelings. That's when a new development began; this strange pain began to engulf me and the more distance I put between myself and Shilpa, the worse the pain got. All I could feel besides the pain was a pull on my soul. It was pulling me back to Shilpa and it was refusing to relent. That made no sense to me. Why did these feelings start so suddenly? Why were they getting stronger? What was I suppose to do about them? Seems all I had were questions and no answers.

I thought about calling Shashank since he was a doctor, my sire and mentor, to see if he had any answers. Honestly, I couldn't bring myself to do it. It wasn't just the fact I was embarrassed for what I'd let happen, it was also because I was afraid of what problems this would cause for the family. We worked very hard on our cover stories in order to remain in an area for as long as possible. If this new development caused us to relocate, the family would not be very happy with me. I had been running for an hour and was well into Canada, when the pain became too overwhelming for me to go any further. I sank to my knees and did the only thing I could do.

I released a growl like I had never produced or heard before, it screamed of pain, lose, need, and desire. The pressure finally become too much to bear, all I could do was collapse to the rich, green forest floor and let the pain take me. I don't know how long I'd been lying there. All I did know was I could see is her beautiful face, pale skin, brown lively eyes, mahogany colored hair all etched in my mind. All I could hear was her lovely, low, caressing voice, even her heavenly, florally scent was forever etched there in my mind. It's all I can allow myself to have and protect those I love the most, my family and Shilpa. She's a human, she'll probably forget me by the time she's home in her warm bed. I could live with that as long as she was happy. I can live with the pain for both of us.

It was just me, my pain and my visions of Shilpa as I lay on the forest floor, when suddenly I felt the presence of two vampires enter my mind. They were members of my family coming at me fast, all I could hear were their urgent thoughts about Shilpa being rushed to Forks hospital, where Shashank would be attending to her. This sent my mind into a frenzied panic. She needed me and I could not even move. All I could think was 'I have to get to her!' I had to see what Keerti saw! That was all I could think about. I knew from the thoughts in their minds and eyes as they found me curled in ball on the forest floor, they were shocked that I was in such bad shape and that they had never seen anything like it before.

"Keerti, please show me?" was all I could manage to beg of her. Thankfully, she didn't need to be asked twice. I watched as she replayed her vision of Shilpa.

Vision:

Shilpa was in agony, whimpering my name as her father rushed her to the ER. It was clear that she was in the same pain as I was, only she's human and couldn't control it. Shashank was talking to her father then he asked him to leave. She was begging for Shashank to get me to stop the pain. He let her know that I was coming and it would help both of us. When I walked in the room and crawled into her bed, you could see from our faces that the pain was leaving us both.

End vision

It's killing her to be away from me. It was my fault she's now suffering and I had to fix it before it ate her alive. "Please take me to her!" I screamed, now that my pain was coupled with Shilpa's.

Thankfully, Keerti brought Atul with her, in her search for me because honestly, I couldn't walk for the life of me. It was strange to me, to be carried by my brother but in this case I was still grateful. Even if he's not as fast as me, at least we were racing in the right direction. I listened in on Keerti's phone call to Shashank explaining to him what needed to be done. I suddenly appreciated my siblings even more than I had ever thought possible. The only one in my family not currently working on our yet unexplained pain was my sister Aahana, who was slightly concerned for me, but not a bit for Shilpa. Vicky and Padma were already at the hospital awaiting our arrival.

I couldn't help but notice my pain was slowly decreasing as we got nearer to the hospital. Just as we arrived I could see Shilpa through Shashank's eyes, she was still withering in pain but her screams were now whimpers. It would seem the pain was directly connected to our distance apart. What had I really been thinking when I ran? When we arrived I was able to walk in on my own accord. The closer to Shilpa's room I got, the better I felt. I knew the moment I smelt her scent where she was and I wanted nothing more than to be there with her, to heal her pain. I knew from Keerti's vision all I had to do was hold her and honestly' I was anxious to hold her and never let her go. I know she knew when I entered her room, I could tell she sniffed the air, and then her eyes flew open as I slowly climbed into her bed. I held her and said "I'm sorry, It's going to be alright," over and over again.

The pain was all but a distant memory now; instead it was replaced with comfort and happiness. Still too many questions remained to be answered. Can she ever forgive me? Can she truly love me as I love her?

Shilpa's

My name is Shilpa Marie Malhotra but I preferred to be called Shilpa. Only dad and Police chief Charlie Malhotra calls me Shilpa. I'm seventeen years old. Yesterday I arrived in Forks Washington to live with my dad. I wasn't really looking forward to moving to Forks, it's been several years since I even visited Charlie here. Usually, he would spend two weeks in the summer in Phoenix, where I lived with my mom Renee and her new husband Phil. One good thing about Charlie he doesn't hover, he's quiet like me. Sometimes I worry about him always being alone all the time but I guess that's another thing we have in common.

So, why am I in Forks to finish off my high school career? Renee's new husband Phil is a minor league baseball player and he travels a lot which means either my mom would have to remain at home with me or leave me to my own devices. Neither idea made her very happy. So, I have banished myself to Folks to allow them the freedom to hit the rode. I have always been more like the parent when it comes to my mom, so leaving her was like leaving a daughter to be with her new husband. I guess that's why she always says I was born at 35 and getting older every day.

My first day at school was pretty much going to be nightmare, I was ready for it. At least I didn't have to drive in with Charlie in the police cruiser, since he was nice enough to buy me an old 1953 faded, red Chevy truck from his friend Billy Black. Billy lives on the La Push Reservation. In a small town like Forks finding the high school was fairly easy enough. So, I made my way to the building that housed the administration office to receive my new class schedule, a map and a form to be signed by each teacher. The secretary Mrs. Cope was expecting me; apparently Charlie had not stopped talking about me since he had heard I was coming to stay.

My morning classes were fairly uneventful, since only two teachers actually expected me to introduce myself. God I hate that! Being the center of attention was never what I wanted be. Being as uncoordinated as I was, tripping and falling were more than enough of an attention grabber, so I needed no help in that department. I was a little surprised when two students did manage to introduce themselves to me, the first was Naina Shah, and the second was a boy named Eric Yorkie. Both seemed nice and I found myself lucky enough to be invited to eat lunch with them, at least I wouldn't be alone, so that's always a good thing.

Lunch was okay, honestly'sitting there listening to the local gossip was not my thing, but it was still better than eating alone. I did however get Naina to tell me about the beautiful, bronze haired boy that entered the cafeteria after we were seated, he and his siblings apparently are spoken about quite a bit, because of the fact they are absolutely gorgeous including the boys. I did find out they're all adopted and dating each other with one exception of the youngest and in my opinion the most beautiful of the boys. From the tone of Naina's statements about Armaan, I'd say she at had had a large crush on Armaan and I don't think she was very happy about his lack of interest in her. I did however notice that whenever Naina spoke his name he would look to our table. It was as if we had called his name but since we were halfway across a crowded cafeteria that would be impossible.

To my surprise when I walked into my next class Biology, I discovered that Armaan Malik was in the class with me. The moment I saw him I could feel the blush rushing across my face. Nothing could have prepared me for his reaction, he froze and just stared at me, I really can't explain the look on his face maybe horror or bewilderment? After having my form from the office signed, I headed to the only open seat available next to the one and only Armaan Malik. Unfortunately, my klutziness caught up to me and I proceeded to trip over the girl's bag in front of my new seat. As I braced myself for the impact that never came, I was shocked to see that Armaan had managed to catch me. Great, another blush coming my way! Could I embarrass myself anymore in one day? As soon as I was in my seat safely, I was treated to the loveliest voice I have ever heard; it was as smooth and soothing as velvet.

"Hello, I'm Armaan Malik you must be Shilpa?" Wow. Even his voice is beautiful.

"Um...Shilpa," great add stuttering to my faux pas'.

"Shilpa, that's a beautiful name. How do you like Forks so far?" Did he say beautiful?

Great'another blush! Can you die if you blush too much?

"Thanks, its ok, better than I thought I would be."

Luckily, the teacher was quick to start the class, so I decided my hands were suddenly very interesting. I was trying to avoid anyone including him, from seeing my embarrassment. After a few minutes of listening to the teacher, I decided to sneak a closer peek at Armaan, only to get caught in his eyes and held hostage, I just couldn't look away. As I sat there staring back into to his pitch black eyes, a rush of emotions and feelings started flooding me'it was beyond explanation. It was even beyond love at first sight. It was as if my world had suddenly shifted in a split second and the only thing that mattered was him. I wondered if he felt them too? The acceptance, protectiveness, security, desire, need, awe, caring and most of all'love were all wrapped all into one. Also, the strangest thing happened; it was like a transfer of knowledge. For some unknown reason I could tell he wasn't a normal human boy. The longer I stared into his eyes, the more I seemed to understand. What he really was with his pale skin tone, the fact that he wasn't blinking, the purplish circles under his eyes, the chiseled features of his face, the coldness and hardness of his skin, his glorious scent, and I knew he could hear us talking about them, were all screaming vampire. This caught me off guard because I wasn't one for believing in the supernatural, but there it was a belief that this boy was not just a boy by any means. I was overwhelmed with this sudden pulling feeling and I just wanted to reach out and touch him, telling him 'its okay I know what you are.' I wanted to let him know that I didn't care what he was, but he bolted from the room as soon as the bell rang.

The moment he left the room, I felt a new wave of emotions; loss, abandonment, fear and rejection. Where they were coming from I had no idea and I couldn't explain it. Then suddenly the pain began, it was like someone stuck a knife in my chest and kept twisting it, making the hole bigger and bigger. By the time I reach my truck, the pain was so bad I could barely breathe right. I was mumbling the whole way home, calling for Armaan to make it stop. Reaching home was no help either, I barely made it up the stairs in time to collapse onto my bed, but still the pain just continued to grow. Then all of a sudden it stopped growing, but instead it remained at a steady pace. It was unbearable, all I could do was scream and call out Armaan's name begging for him to make it go away. I don't know why, but I knew he could fix it. I just didn't know how.

Charlie arrived home shortly after six pm and was horrified by the scene in my bedroom. He was frantic, but I refused to leave my room. So, I screamed all night until my voice was hoarse. At five am I finally allowed Charlie to take me to the ER, but I wasn't really sure what to tell them. I really couldn't explain the pain or the emotions. How I could tell them it was because he left. It didn't make sense to me, never mind anyone else. As I laid there in agony, I could hear Charlie talking to the doctor explaining as much as he could. The doctor had a very smooth and elegant voice, but it wasn't until he asked Charlie to leave the room, did I see the resemblance. There was no mistaking it; this was Armaan Malik's father.

"Shilpa, can you hear me, my name is Dr. Shashank Malik."

"Yes, ask Armaan to make it stop!" Please, please, please!

"He's on his way, the family is bringing him here as we speak, but he's in just as much pain. This isn't his fault, please don't blame him," No, he doesn't deserve to hurt too!

"I don't blame him and I don't want him to hurt either," was all I could choke out.

"Is the pain getting any better?"

"It's starting to ease slightly," Thank god!

"Well, that's good'hopefully if I am right, Armaan's is too," I hope he's right. I love him so much even though I can't say how, I don't even know him.

"Please tell him' I'm sorry for whatever I did to make him leave, I didn't mean it," I cried out.

"You didn't do anything wrong Shilpa. I'll explain everything, once you're both together."

All I could do was whimper in pain while I waited for Armaan and hope his father knew what to do. As I was lying there feeling somewhat better, I was never so happy to smell such a wonderful scent that had arrive in my room. Before I could even open my eyes, I knew Armaan had finally arrived. Even just having his scent in the room was making me feel better by the second. To my surprise, he seemed to know what he had to do to heal us both. As he climbed shyly into my bed, I could feel the pain rapidly leaving and it was being replaced with a feeling of comfort and relief. His strong arms just wrapped around me, holding me and he whispered to me over and over again that it would be alright and honestly, I believed him.

Shashank's

I was preparing to finish up my shift at Forks Hospital when my cell phone went off; I was a little surprised it was from my daughter, Keerti. My children never called when I was working, so I knew I needed to step out and speak with her. She had had several visions that involved my youngest son Armaan and Shilpa Malhotra. The first was Armaan staring at a young girl in class then it shifted. it started with Armaan fleeing into the woods near school, after another shift Armaan was lying in the forest after he growled out in pain and yet another shift to Chief of Police, Charlie Malhotra bring in his daughter in for unexplained pain. The last shift was to Armaan holding Shilpa in her hospital bed as I explained about vampire singers to my family. Suddenly, all the earlier visions made sense. Armaan had found his singer. Since it was such a rare occurrence, I had never explained it to my family. Well that was about to change. I along with my wife have been increasing worried as the years passed that Armaan would never find love. After 87 years, destiny has decided to take over and made a girl he couldn't resist.

As we watched Armaan and Shilpa clutch onto each other, I knew it was time to explain, but where to begin? I guess from the beginning is best.

"Alright...first, Armaan are you and Shilpa feeling better?"

"Yes and please'call me Shilpa," she replied as Armaan just nodded.

"Okay, then this is going to be new to all of you because it is not a common occurrence."

"Shilpa, our family is not what it seems." Shilpa cut me off by stating "I already know, you're vampires," she whispered the end.

"How is it you've come to know this?" I asked. Had he told her?

"It came with everything else; I can't explain it, it just was there," Well, that is interesting.

"And are you afraid?" Asked Armaan with worry written all over his face.

"Not of you, I am just scared that you'll disappear again," softly replied Shilpa.

"Okay, the facts about our species can wait for another day, but today everyone needs to know what's happening right now. The Volturi call this La Tua Cantante."

"English please?" asked Atul.

"Armaan, Shilpa is your singer, everything about her sings to your soul as everything about your sings to her as well. It's involuntary, unstoppable and irreversible."

"So'what? He loves this human girl?" Aahana asked heatedly as she suddenly appeared in the doorway.

"Yes, I do! I love Shilpa!" Armaan snapped back at Aahana.

"I love you too, Armaan," Shilpa softly whispered in Armaan's ear causing them both to sigh and smile.

"So, what are all these things we're feeling?" Shilpa inquired softly.

"Well, I have met a couple in Italy that had experienced this, so I can tell you what they told me. They told me that it started with each others scent. They both said the desire to be near each others scent drew them together. Then once they touched they felt this electric or shocking feeling, and they couldn't be away from each others touch without being in constant pain. Finally, when they stared into each other eyes there was a rush of emotions, bonding their souls together as one, forever." I paused in case anyone had a question, but no one said a word.

"They were just like Armaan and Shilpa, one mate was a human male and one mate was a female vampire. When he asked the female to turn him she did, and the last I knew, they were living out there existence quite happily. Simply put, you and Armaan are truly in love in everyway possible, it's more than soul mates, its destiny."

"So we're mates right now, there's no ceremony or process for this to happen, it's already done?" Shilpa asked curiously.

"No Shilpa, no ceremonies and yes'we are a bonded mated pair for the rest of our existence," Armaan answered lovingly.

"Oh'well, that's a lot to take in since, I really don't know anything about the man I'm in love with."

"I agree with you, but I know what I'm feeling and my feelings are as real as yours."

"So that means, all these feelings and the pulling and pain won't go away?" Shilpa asked without looking away from Armaan.

"No'the only thing that will change you both now, would be if one were to lose the other."

"But Shilpa is human; she'll grow old and die, or worse die suddenly. What will happen to Armaan?" Asked Vicky, speaking up for the first time today.

Armaan's head snapped to Keerti when her face went blank with a new vision.

"Shilpa will become one of us. I don't know when or how, but I've seen her and Armaan together and happy," Keerti chirped.

"Will you turn her is she wants you to?" You could hear the concern in Padma's voice.

"Only if she wants me to, I will not force her and only after she knows everything about us," Armaan spoke as he ran his finger across Shilpa's cheek.

"And if she stays human, then what?" Seethed a now shocked Aahana.

"Then I spend the rest of her life loving her as a human!" Snipped Armaan in return.

"Enough! We need to come up with a strategy for now, as Armaan has stated we will educate her regarding the future in order so she may make her decision, when it's the right time. For now, we need to find away for these two to be in constant contact, any ideas?"

"Well'they both said each other's scents help, so today I'll go shopping and get Shilpa some clothes that she can wear and give to Armaan, so he'll have her scent with him at all times and since we donate all our clothes after one or two uses, he can give them to her so she'll have his with her," Keerti happily suggested.

"Good, that's a very good start," I was pleased with my daughter the shopaholic's logic.

"What about you changing Armaan's class schedule to match Shilpa's as close as possible?" Leave it to my son Vicky to be the strategic one.

"Yes, excellent idea Vicky, I'll see to that when I leave here this morning," I shouldn't have a problem with that.

"How come she just can't come hang at the house after school? Doesn't she need to know all about us anyways?"

"Shilpa, do you think you'd like to spend time with our family as Atul suggested?" Armaan asked, but his eyes begged.

"Yeah, I guess that's okay, but I still have to spend time with Charlie, so you're welcome to come to my house sometimes. If you want too, I mean'" Shilpa answered quietly.

"I want to," Armaan simply said bringing another smile to both their faces.

"Okay, so that just leaves the time when Shilpa's sleeping."

"I could enter her house after Charlie is asleep and remain in Shilpa's room until Charlie wakes. I can slip out before he ever sees me. If Shilpa's comfortable with that of course," Armaan suggested sheepishly.

"I trust you Armaan. Are you sure Charlie won't see you?"

"I'm sure, Charlie won't know and it will give us time to become more familiar with each other."

"Alright then, let's get this plan in action. I'll get Shilpa released to Charlie; we'll say it was a feminine issue. I don't think he'll ask for more information. Keerti get to Shilpa's house get some of Shilpa's clothing for Armaan. Armaan you'll need to go introduce yourself to Charlie as Shilpa's boyfriend then be ready to go, wherever he ends up taking Shilpa."

Charlie's

It's been an hour since Doctor Malik started examining Shilpa and honestly, I'm losing my mind. I just wish I knew what was going on. I could see Doctor Malik's son was looking better, but he didn't look much better than Shilpa did when he arrived earlier, though he still looks pained.

"Good Morning Chief Malhotra, I am Armaan Malik."

"You're Shashank's son, right?"

"Yes sir, I am also a friend of Shilpa's from school."

"Is that why she was asking for you earlier?"

"Yes sir, I told her about my father being a doctor and she hoped he could help her."

"I guess that makes sense."

"Sir, I was hoping you would allow me to date your daughter." Humm'

"Well'Armaan, I am glad you asked me first, but ultimately, its Shilpa choice, so if she chooses to date you, I will grant you my permission. And you can call me Charlie."

"Thank you, Charlie."

"I see your father is coming, he must be done with Shilpa."

"Good morning again Charlie, I have good news, Shilpa's doing great, once we went thought her symptoms it was a simple feminine problem, nothing to worry about I assure you."

"Armaan, would you please go sit with Shilpa, while Charlie and I talk?"

"Of course I will dad."

"She's doesn't have something catchy right? It's not a STD or anything?"

"No Charlie, Shilpa's still a virgin, but don't tell her I told you since I'll be her new doctor, and her privacy is very important to her." THANK GOD!

"So'it's the other kind of girlie problems, hunh'is there anything I need to do? Cuz honestly Doc, those are kinda outta my area of expertise."

"No, Shilpa will call me directly, if she has any further problems, but if you find her like this again please call the number on the back of this card., ah' here they come now."

"Shilpa, how are you feeling now?" Well she looks better anyways.

"Much better, thanks for all your help and the information Doctor Malik."

"Well okay, so let's get you home. Do you need me to stay with you?"

"No, I think I'll be fine, it's not like there's anything you can do. If I don't feel well again, I'll just call Doctor Malik."

"Okay, well'we should hurry; I need to get to work quickly."

"Charlie, I could drop Shilpa off for you on my way to school, it's really no problem if you'd like. And'it would also give me a chance to talk to Shilpa about our earlier conversation."

"Yeah'well, if it's okay with Shilpa."

"Sure, Armaan can drive me, no problem. See you for dinner, okay?"

"Okay Shilpa, call me if you need me."

"Come on Shilpa, let's get you home."

end part 1
part 2-pg2
part3-pg3
part4-pg4
part5-pg6
part6,7,8-pg8
part9,10-pg9
part11-pg11
part12-pg13
part13-pg14
part14-pg16
part15-pg18
part16-pg20
Edited by ABNER - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nidha1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
woah dear its really mind blowing one too gud sound interesting Vampire story cool plz continue it soon & thanks for the pm

Edited by nidha1983 - 13 years ago
here-i-am thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey a new ff
armaan a vampire interesting
loved the part continue soon
Riddss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
heyyy dear,
nice part
continue soon

love
Riddss
mkp1995 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

awsomeeeee.... loved part 1. is this related to twilght. but anyways love the way you right.. please update soon. if possible pm me please thanks- misha =]

wilddevil2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice part

Armaan a vampire cool.
The whole concept of singer and connection with each other's scent is very interesting.

Pls continue soon

KaSh-Maneet-Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awesome start
loved it
different
armaan a vampire
intersting
con soon
plz add me 2 the pm list
thanks
MysticalRealm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG......
Yiu are even BETTER than Twilight itself..... N I am biased since ARSH is my fav. But I wish I knew about this earlier!
Do update soon!!!

Jinszy!
AbnerFernandes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Chapter 2

Shilpa's

After all the introductions were made and paperwork handled we were ready to leave the ER at 9 am. I have to say, the Malik family scene in the parking lot, was nothing less than a frenzy. Everyone was confirming their next destinations and while even though I was watching and listening, I couldn't make out anything they were saying. They spoke quickly in whispered voices that I couldn't hear. They were also quickly switching cars around, this is when I was placed into a silver Volvo to wait for Armaan. I watched in amazement as they all flew out of the lot heading in different directions.

To say the drive home from the hospital was quiet would be a vast understatement, since neither of us spoke a single word. I know I had so many questions running through my head, but I couldn't begin to figure out where to start. His silence really wasn't helping either, but I suppose…he was probably thinking the same things I was. It's not everyday you find yourself permanently bonded to a vampire or a human in his case. So…what do we do now? God, I hope he has more of a clue on how to proceed than I do, because honestly, I was at a loss here. I guess it's best to follow his lead and hope his family will help us get past this awkward stage, we found ourselves in.

So far, I have to say they're definitely trying to be supportive except the stunning beautiful blond Aahana. I don't think she like me very much, they were trying to make this all work without revealing their secret. I found myself worried; What if they find this is too much of a burden? What if they don't like me? Too many what if's to even go there. God, a person could go crazy thinking about all this! 'Have a little fate Shilpa' was all I could manage to chant in my head. When we pulled up to my house, I found a new question that I couldn't help vocalizing before I could stop myself.

"How did you know where I live?"

"Shilpa, when we move to a new home, we always make sure we know where the important houses are…and how to get into them," I was a little shocked by his tone it was almost as if he was amused, if that's possible. I guess he though I should have already known that.

"And…you think Charlie's house is important why?" I asked warily.

"Because, he's the chief of police and they are known for bringing their work home with them," I could tell he was nervous but I still didn't know why.

"So…who else makes the important list?" Curiosity was getting the best of me.

"Well…the Chief of police of course, all local law enforcement and the police station, the local hospital and the morgue, just in case one of has to fake our own death, of course the high school, principal's residence and the Mayor's office and home."

"Why?"

"Because, they are the ones most likely to be the first to discover who we really are, and if we need to leave quickly, we simply remove the evidence and are gone before they have a chance to expose us," as the fear griped me, all I could think was, 'would they leave me behind?'

"Oh…have you had to do that before?" Was all I could manage to stampper out, staring at my hands trying to avoid his stunningly beautiful face.

"Yes, but we would rather move on before it gets to that point," Oh no, they would leave my behind. Even though I didn't know him, I did know I loved him completely already.

"Wh-what would happen to me if you have to leave suddenly?" I couldn't hide the fear in my voice this time.

"Shilpa, I would never leave you behind again, I will never make that mistake again,

Please know this, from today on your place will always be by my side," I couldn't help but believe him, the way he spoke with such conviction.

"Okay, so your family is in action getting everything set up, so what do we do now?" Please tell me you have the answer.

"Yes, our family is in action. So…it's time for you to stop stalling. We should go inside and just spend time getting to know each other, the old fashion way, by talking. Okay?" Did he just say our family? I love the small chuckle he voiced it sounded like brass bells chiming. Damn, he's right, I am stalling.

"Yeah, I'd like that and I'm sorry for stalling, it's just the nerves and all."

As I prepared to get out of the car, he quickly made his way to my door, to open it for me. I was amazed at how gentlemanly he was, he even extending his hand to me, to help me out. Which I willing accepted and the comfort and completeness that came with it. The electric current running through us was beyond words, I never wanted him to let go.

Happily, he didn't even when I used my key to open the door he never let go and never moved from my side. Once in the door I followed him to the couch and got comfortable at the far end and waited for him to sit, giving him as much room as he needed. I didn't want to force him to sit next to me, if that wasn't his choice. I knew this was going to be a long talk and I wanted him to feel free to distant himself if that's what he needed. I was glad when he chose the seat next to me, allowing our legs as well as our hands to feel the current. It seemed he enjoyed the current as much as I did, at least I hope he did.

I suddenly found myself searching out his eyes, which I had avoided since the hospital. Only to see they weren't black and unmoving anymore, now they were the most beautiful colored butterscotch that I had even seen. But there was more locked in them, there were all the emotions I was feeling shinning right back at me from awe, devotion and love. I wonder how much history those eyes have seen? How could I not love him, really? It just wasn't possible; I was hopeless in love with the most beautiful man I had ever seen.

Armaan's

After leading Shilpa to the couch, she sat at the far end. I don't know if she was trying to shy away from me but I wasn't going to let that happen, I wanted her close to me, where she should be. Finally! She looked at me! The one thing I've been patiently waiting for since leaving my family at the ER. God, they're the most beautiful chocolate brown colored eyes I have ever seen. And the feelings swirling around in them, were mirroring my own. I don't know why God has sent me this Sapna; I'm grateful for the gift and will cherish her forever, if she'll have me that is. But…I couldn't wait to hear her sweet voice again, so I guess I'll have to start and hopefully she'll follow.

"Shilpa, where would you like to begin with your questions?" It came out as a whisper.

"Could you start at the beginning, where and when this happened to you?" Yes! Finally my Sapna speaks.

"The beginning it is, I was born in June 20, 1901. I was the only child of Armaan Sr. and Elisabeth Masen in Chicago. In September of 1918 the Spanish Influenza outbreak arrived. My father fell ill first and passed away, followed by my mother a few days later. But before she died she begged Shashank, who was our attending doctor, to do all he could to save my life. Since he had been hoping to find a companion, see he was lonely for a lot of years, so he decided to turn me and we've been together ever since. He's been my sire, my father and best friend for 87 years." Those were all the human memories, I had left to share.

"I'm so, so sorry, I shouldn't have asked you to remember all that," The sad look on her face said it all, she really meant it.

"It's okay Shilpa, really it is. I have had a lot of years to come to terms with it. Please don't feel like you can't ask me something, because honestly, there is no question I won't answer for you."

"How do you honestly feel about the Singer Connection between us, and please be very honest?" She asked as she looked away, as if she was afraid of what I might say, I could see her doubt written all over her face. I couldn't let her continue to doubt needless so I put everything on the line, being totally honest, and hoped she'd see that I meant it.

"Shilpa, I have been without a mate for 87 years. I was the only member in my family without a mate. I was even convinced that I was complete the way I was and that I would always be alone. I also believed that I was not capable of loving anyone outside my family. However, still I wasn't happy; I rarely smiled and laughed even less. I have never been in a relationship with anyone in all my 104 years. That all changed when I looked into your eyes and you set my soul ablaze. Suddenly, I was filled with emotions. Emotions I had only seen in others. I won't lie it freaked me out a lot. That's why I ran; I thought I was protecting you and my family from the problems this was bound to create. But…I was wrong…this isn't a problem, it's a salvation. I was running in the wrong direction, I should have been running into to your arms, not away from them. I for one think… this is the best gift I have ever received and I wouldn't change it for anything." Please believe me.

Okay time to spill it all. I needed her full attention, because if she rejected me I knew, I wouldn't be able to say it again. So gently I slipped to floor on my knee's placing myself between her knee's and I placed my hand gently under her chin and guided her face up, so I could see her magnificent face looking back at me. Dear Lord! Please let her feel the same way. I prayed. God…don't flaunt the only thing I have ever desired at me, only to rip it away from me! Please!

"Shilpa you are my air, I can't breathe without you,"

"You are my one and only forever,"

"You are my life; I can't go back to being alone,"

"Your fight is my fight,"

"You're the only one who will make me happy,"

"Your compassion humbles me,"

"I've never wanted to be with anyone until I met you,"

"My world, is your world,"

"Your world, is my world,"

"I will give you everything you ever want,"

"I will be at your side for all eternity, if you'll have me,"

"You are my one heart,"

"You are my chosen one,"

"You are the only one for me,"

"Your pain, is my pain,"

"I will protect you with my own life if needs be,"

"I love you more than anything else in this world and I can't live without you,"

"Will you have me as your mate for all eternity?"

"Armaan that is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard, and…yes Armaan, I will have you as my mate for all eternity. I just wish I could explain as well as you did, just how deep these emotions are imbedded into my soul, so you could see that I feel the exact same as you do."

"I do." Yes! She'll have me!

I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, as the relief rushed over me, no longer fearing she didn't feel the same. As I leaned in still holding her chin in my hand and I granted my lips their one and only wish, to be one with Shilpa's. It would seem Shilpa had the same desire, as she reached out and tangled her small fingers in my hair, trying to bring my face closer to hers. This I had no desire to fight. Just as my lips reached hers the current flowing between us, suddenly surged as our lips made contact for the first time sending me instantly into a heavenly blissed state. Slowly and gently we moved our lips in a perfect rhythm. The taste of her lips was better than anything I have ever tasted or even could have imagined. I have waited for this moment for my entire existence and now I never wanted it to end. But I must let it end, I may not need to breathe but Shilpa does. The fact that her heart sounded like it was trying to beat its way out her chest and her labored breathing. Were clear signs it was time to break off the kiss, it left us both breathing haggardly, but I don't release my hold her face. I just wanted to stare at her forever. After a few moments she asked a question that I realized was left unanswered by my family.

"Armaan exactly what does it mean to be a mated bonded couple?"

"The human equivalent would be a married couple, we live our lives together, hopefully…happily forever, you see vampires only bond once."

"Are saying we're married?" She croaked out.

"Yes and no, in the vampire world there is no ceremony once the bond is made, it's unbreakable. Even after the loss of a mate we are unable to bond with another. But vampires do also get married like Keerti and Vicky, Aahana and Atul and even Shashank and Padma have all been married several times, usual after we change identities."

"Oh…okay, I got it."

"Now…Shilpa, we should take a break you look very tired and you haven't eaten anything yet today, so may I suggest you go and grab lunch. While I go prepare your bedroom window for my visit tonight, then we can let you take a little rest before we begin again."

Shilpa's

I showed Armaan where Charlie stored his tools and I set off to make a sandwich. I had barely finished making it when he arrived back stating the job was done. After downing a glass of milk and my sandwich, I laid on the couch with my legs across his lap. I didn't sleep instead we continued talking, this time we covered my family. When Armaan finally received a call from Keerti the petite, adorable, pixie faced, dark spiked hair beauty letting him know all action plans were in place and would start tomorrow morning.

Shortly before six he said Charlie would be home in five minutes so he had to leave, but he said he would back once Charlie was asleep and with that I received one more kiss and his sweatshirt with his scent on it. I took my hoodie with my scent in and gave it to him hoping it would ease the pain of being apart. It works to a small degree but the further he was from me the more the pain crept back, luckily…he wasn't as far away as before, so we still could function some what normally. But the pulling sensation was ferocious, I just wanted to run to his house and throw myself in his arms.

Dinner was easy, pizza from a local shop, so with no clean up, I could escape to my room quicker. Charlie was happy to see me feeling better, but I could tell there was something he wanted to discus, but wasn't sure how to ask so I helped him out a little.

"Spill it dad."

"I was just wondering if you and Armaan had a chance to talk regarding the conversation we had at the ER?"

"We did."

"So are you seeing him now, like steady?" Yeah, you could say that and more!

"Yes, I have agreed to that, does it bother you?"

"No… I just wasn't sure if Renee had a chance to discuss… boys with you yet."

"Ohhh yeah…'that talk,' your good dad, mom took care of that, I'm all set." And I wouldn't tell you even if she didn't.

"Okay, then, well I'm gonna go watch the game." I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Okay goodnight dad, see you tomorrow" Time for my escape.

"Nite Shilpa"

I had just made my way to room after completing my nightly routine and was in bed waiting for Armaan to return, when my mom called, I kept it quick and promised to call her in a few days, when there was more to report. Before I could even hit the end button Armaan was sitting on the edge of my bed. Okay, boy in my room - yep, that's a first for me, boy in my bed most definitely another first. Armaan adjusted the blankets, climbed on top and waited for me to make the first contact, so I scooted into his side and buried my head into his chest, where I remained for the entire night, sleeping soundly, saturated in his touch and scent. This was the first night of our regular routine.

Armaan's

So much for me always being in control of my life. This precious, fragile, little, human girl now with her head nuzzled on my chest, where my beating heart once was, and her hand laying cross my waist had changed everything. She has sent my life spinning out of my control and yet…I can't say that it bothers me in the least. I would never complain about her intrusion in my life, quite the opposite. I welcome every new experience I will have with her and be grateful for it. I don't know if she can hear me now, since her breathing is now slow and steady and her heartbeat has slowed as well. I'd say she's sleeping, but I can't help but sing the song, I wrote for her with my guitar, while I was waiting for my time to come back, its simple named "lullaby". I am going to sing it to her until she wakes up. I hope she likes it. Just once I wish I could read her mind, see her dreams but nothing, her mind is still a mystery to me,

Shilpa gave me one of her first gifts for tonight; she spoke my name so caressingly, as it rolled from her lips. It would have made my heart skip a beat, if it was beating that is. Shilpa doesn't disappoint, for the remained of the night she spoke to me two more times the second time was my name again but the last time, she said "Armaan, I love you." I would have cried if it weren't physically impossible.

moonlight2630 thumbnail
just amazing very diff concept
so interesting .
plz pm me
update soon
can't wait 4 next update.