Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: harnisha009

There lived in Srirangam a great Vaishnavite Acharya called Nampillai, whose discourses on the Ramayana attracted huge crowds. Also living in Srirangam at the time was Naduvil Thiruveedhi Pillai, who never attended any of these Ramayana discourses, because he thought that he himself was quite knowledgeable, and there was nothing new for him to learn from Nampillai.

One day, he heard that the king was giving gifts to scholars. So he went to receive the gifts. Himself well-read, the king would not give gifts to anyone without checking their knowledge.

He told Naduvil Thiruveedhi Pillai that he would give him gifts if he answered his question. Naduvil Thriuveedhi Pillai agreed. The king referred to Lord Rama's statement that He was a man, the son of Dasaratha. If this were so, how could a mere man grant Jatayu moksha? Naduvil Thriuveedhi Pillai did not know the answer. He left the place and accosted a man who had been attending Nampillai's Ramayana discourses and put the question to him.

He said Nampillai had explained this by saying that it was not Rama who gave Jatayu moksha, but His words. Rama was the embodiment of Truth, and what He said had to come true. If anyone else were a staunch adherent of truth like Rama, his words too would have the same effect, said the man who had regularly attended Nampillai's lectures.

Naduvil Thiruveedhi Pillai returned to the king and gave him Nampillai's explanation. Pleased with the reply, the king gave him gifts in abundance. Naduvil Thiruveedhi Pillai took the gifts to Nampillai and told him that the gifts should rightly belong to him. All the gifts the king had given were for just a few words of Nampillai.

Thus the Ramayana establishes the significance of truth.

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/religion/article598322.ece

very well said...
luvd this one....
im agree wid u...this was only bcoz of his truth, character n his maryada puroshottam type image...
thanx for sharing it harnisha...
im glad dat u guys r interested in this topic....
thanx once again..
hope to see more posts frm u...

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
shruti today there were two episodes shown

dont know why last week only one came.

anyways missed a bit of beginning was more interested in watching new sandwich recipe of sanjeev kapoor 😆😆😆😆😆

switched channel just in time to see my dashing yuvraj who seems to be causing some maya here also with big megha in the sky😳😳😳

thunder lightening rain. meghnaad ka naad ho raha hai yahan par 😆😆😆😆😆😆

anyway the usual stuff of making the base camp for army was shown

mastermind or strategy by vibishan keeping ram in middle of the base camp for safety security and closeness

ravan discussing with his darbaris what to be done now

and oh man yuvraj insults malyavan big time saying he is old and shud go and rest at home instead of talking negative things.

hmm makes me wonder why does malayvan look exact copy of indrajeet with his zulfein same and voice same and look same 🤔

some strategy talks is there who shud make first move to attack. yuvraj is all in favour of attack sudden but malyavan disagrees and gives lecture to ravan to go in ram ki sharan

ravan in pride gets mad and asks malayvan to go away.

later ravan is enjoying raag rang chhayo some dance
along with mandodari and ram wonders how come ravan hasnt done anything and sends a nice little arrowy reminder . (ravan uncle hum aa gaye hai
tu to giyo dashaanann 🤣)

ravan mukut falls mandodari pleads again but ravan refuses.

next day sends shuk and saaran to check on war points and asks them to beware of vibishan as he wud recognise another rakshas very well. ( ravan uncle is smart 😛)

and as expected they were caught
bt ramji ki mahima aparmpar and he does daya and lets them off and tells them to tell ravan his msg

ravan is maha angry at shuk saran praising ram and decides to inspect from trikut parvat himself
and is given nice intro of main vanars

and he is so boastful and says yeh sab kuch nai hai keede makode and shows his 10 heads

and ram ji in return shows entire universe to him

ravan ka to tayin tayin phuss ho gaya 😆😆😆😆😆

episode ends

p.s hope u enjoyed my comedy circus
and ya my yuvraj zulfien act was faboulous😍

DamRyeong thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatterbox

shruti today there were two episodes shown

dont know why last week only one came.

anyways missed a bit of beginning was more interested in watching new sandwich recipe of sanjeev kapoor 😆

first of all..thank u sooooooooooo much di for dis updt....

di my name is swati..not shruti..😕

n today i missed Ramayana....

den i watched it on bigflix..as u said today it was aired for 1 hr..so i watched 2 episodes..he he...

so nw i can reply to ur post...

DamRyeong thumbnail
yeah in both episodes...ravan n lanka part was aired more than Ram ji sena n his camp...

only 2 or 3 scenes were there...
n i think they don't need to show virat roop again...

i luvd IJ acting this time...n OMGGG..hw he behave wid Malyavan..
he didn't say nything for Akamphan..
bt at the time of malyavaan khari khoti suna di...today IJ was superbbb...i luvd his expressions n acting.....

even MV was feeling soooo insulted.....

ran-neeti
raj-neeti
koot-neeti
shaastra-neeti

yuvraaj is going gud....he he...

i luvd Ram ji part..jab SHUK ko mukt kiya..

at that time he was looking soooooooooooo.......hmmmmm.....he he...
can't write...

i hv to write more abt episode..bt in next post..nw i hv to go...
Edited by akki-rockstar - 14 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
hey dancer of sugriv n ravan darbar is same or wat???
coz they both sing d same song..RAANG RANG CHHAYO.....CHHHHAAAAYYYYYYOOOOOO.....hehe...remember dat bali n sugriv part...group dance..he he...

n one more thing..RAVAN loves Mandodari more than VIBS...
when vibs says shree ram..ravan says:

SHATRU KO SHREE MAT KAHO....

when mandodari calls him shree ram...RAVAN says: MAHARANI...(aay haay) tum hamare saamne hi use shree kah rahi ho.....OMGGGG...dat was toooo funny,,,,
Edited by akki-rockstar - 14 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
now coming to Ram ji...

i luvd d scene...when ram ji knows abt that ravan is busy in dance n all dat..
n he gives a warning to him....at that time he was looking sooo perfect..

also when ravan is taking a look at ram ji's camp..ram ji ki chaal dhaal wowwww..
..superbbbbb....

i hated those dialogues of ravan..
ram ram tuchh ram....
GOSH!!

i know...hw could i write this...

n we all know hw he looks in his virat roop...masha-allah....

chatterbox thumbnail
oops sorry swati likhna tha shruti kar diya

sorry sorry. despite re reading my post i still didnt catch that i wrote name wrong

and ya ravan saying maharaaaaaaaaaaaani its so funny and hilarious

but yuvraj was in full flow today and then his zulfien

ah in zulfon ne to hamein deewana bana diya

btw what do u think of my comedy circus in above update

and didnt u think malyavan and indrajeet looked sounded and style was same same.

DamRyeong thumbnail
dats ok di...aap plz sorry mat bolo...
he he...di i can understand..today IJ was like...CHHAAA GAYA..he he..

n di i rly luv d way u updt....its very intresting..i luv 2 read it..lil bit hindi..lil bit comedy..n ur opinion...i rly enjoy that...keep posting ur updts....luv ur posts.

n abt MV n IJ....bas haircolor diff tha...he he...
Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
arey baap re !!! main toh bohot peechhe reh gai ... 😕
chalo koi baat nahin ...
but yeah i enjoyed todays epi. very much ...
Chattr di u wont believe the moment IJ gav those "ZATKAAS" to his zulfien ...main aapko hi yaad kar rahi thi ... lol ..
well i must say PP's acting was eryyyy good but sriously i didnt understand Raavan's
rajneeti or ran-neeti watever it is ... wen MV(poor dear) was saying smthng toh use bahar nikal dia toh jb Akampan ne kaha to chup chaap sun ra tha ...
Di u r rite ... my sis ws also saying the same thng kahi IJ n MV ka role PP ne hi toh nahi kia ...hehehe....
@Swati ... yeah Ramji as fantabulous ... as ever.... loved the very last Virat roop scene .. agars have mastery in Virat roop .. they used the same virat roop which they used in old Shree Krishna wid SD Bannerjee as Lord Krishna ..
loved the scne of leaving Shuk ...
chatterbox thumbnail
hehehe dp i told u to chek swati thread and u r not late

and swati ya got it right now

i know malyavan and indrajeet hair color was differnt but both had same style. i had told this when the show was on that time also i thought both were same

bt the actors r different that i m sure about
or we wud have been fans of malyavan too

and thanks for liking my comedy circus

hehe