Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kashforlifex thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Shivani1arti

awesome post yaarπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
u have summarized dmg story right from start to the end yaar.........
dmg has totally become kachjra..the show should deffo end
even with kash& sr the story dosen't have the fun & bubblygum romance anymore
this is why i moved on from dmg ..trying to watch after shilpa returned but sadly permanent damage has already been done

OMG exactly what I feel. Even though KaSh is back, that damage to the story is already done! KaSh is the only reason I'm bearing the show!!
FarzuIrani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah I read you full post and to come to the conclusion
AR should be kept 100 ft away form each other till the CV does not decide ehether they want AR together or not.
It like Armaan and the sra track will never end and to make is suare shilpa.
One fine day ArSh and other AR they cant sail in two ship they will die and also the DMG if they keep doing this it better they show something sensible in the show if they ar eshoing Move on relation then show it with full heart not like yes i have move on but my EX still affetcts me and everyday i have to make my ex remeber that once we had a love realtionship.
but yeah i love to watch Arsh scene.
Jodubai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

OMG, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this....I agree with all you said, it is a fantastic piece & everybody on this forum should read it, the sentiments are well portrayed of viewers who started the show from the very begning.

Well done!!!
kashforlifex thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jodubai

OMG, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this....I agree with all you said, itis a fantastic piece & everybody on this forum should read it, the sentiments are well portrayed of viewers who started the show from the very begning.

Well done!!!

Thank You :) I'm glad, you had to patience to read it! It's a bit too long, I guess!!
Nikhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Finally got round to editting my reserved comment on Page 1. Sorry about how long it is! πŸ˜•
Nikhita xxx
Jodubai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikhi...

Finally got round to editting my reserved comment on Page 1. Sorry about how long it is! πŸ˜•

Nikhita xxx

I loved your comment!!!!
kashforlifex thumbnail
HAHA sorry! I'm really sorry for a huge post! Just had to vent out all my feelings somewhere :) No better place to do it!
kashforlifex thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikhi...

Editted:

First of all, πŸ‘for this superb post! I don't think I could agree more with everything you've said!

DMG started off beautifully, as one of the first shows of its kind. I agree with you in that the first year or so was possibly the best part of the show. And I don't think this was particularly because of KaSh. There was just so much freshness to everything, right from the characters and their looks, to the dialogues, spontaneous humour, sets, camera angles, lighting... I mean, you name it, and it was perfect.

Losing what we knew as Riddhima came as a blow for everyone. There was a time of uncertianty. Would we like Sukirti? Would she do the character justice? Would there be any chemistry? And just the fact that Shilpa was leaving was sad in itself. But despite all these questions, and a sudden loss of some viewers, DMG managed to pick itself up again. And as you say, that was because of the new turn of events in the storyline; the romance and love.

The countless number of songs did start to get a bit annoying, but even so, the friendship and masti between all the characters was still so fresh that we got over that. Niki and Abhi, I didn't mind so much. But Sumanlata? What was up with that?! Bin bulaye aa gayi, aur bin bataye chali bhi gayi!Till ths date, I have never understood the significance of her character, and I don't think CVs did either. πŸ˜†

"Watching Armaan romance with three different ladies was funny enough, but funnier was that he had to shoot the SAME flashback scenes thrice! It must be pretty tough for Karan Singh Grover." πŸ˜†πŸ€£

When Jenny started DMG, there were mixed reactions once again. What about Suku...she's perfect? Why did Sukirti not renew her contract? Whaaaat another Riddhima?! Why didn't they ask Jenny last time? But what about KaSh? Uhoh, does this mean more fights on the forum? πŸ˜•

But being the DMGians that we are, we moved on from those fights, we knew how to handle them this time. And we concentrated on the story. What story? Shashank spying on people and Riddhima saying no to marriage for the sake of it. πŸ˜†Then Armaan lot his memory, and we knew it was a ploy to prolong AR's milan, and in turn drag DMG. So we sat there patiently, silently hoping that Armaan wouldn't take too long to regain his memory.

Meanwhile, RM seemed like a lost battle andAA just weren't a battle. AN were confusion personified. And SK were in a world of their own. But they were still a gang, a team, and that was DMG magic. I was watching these episodes, not too long ago, and I couldn't help but smile at the memories. Despite a storyline which had no head or tail, there was fun and masti, and that's what kept us going.

Season 2 came, and we watched just for a jhalak of AR. We saw Atul, Abhi and Niki and assumed that it meant the flavour of Season 1 would not be lost. We relied on articles saying that AR's comeback was just around the corner. and Anjie would be back too. We were all upset by the fact that Muski was not to come back, but we'd seen that after Rahul's disappearance, it did make sense to lose her too. Of course, all the articles were wrong. Anjali did not come back. And AR were nowhere to be seen; even the flashbacks were scarce and unhelpful.

ST and YN did have a certain freshness in that they were mostly new faces. But they were greatly shadowed by everyone's expectations after Season 1, and were overlooked by the fans that searched for their beloved jodis.

Jiah Modi ruinedDMG for me. We'd never really had a proper villain, and that's what I'd loved about DMG.Then she came along, with no explanation of anything. And she was allowed to practice as a doctor despite being clinically psycho?!?! 😲

Yuvi's transformation in character, post-suspense, was much appreciated. And it seemed like people's Dils would Mil, in the form of YN. At least one jodi would reach their destination. But no, CVs had to introduce Raj, Suvarna and Naina's Papa. And that was that.

Going back to ST, Tamanna decided to take a quick exit, and at the time no one minded as such.And no one really had time to mope over her leaving; everyone was partying for Riddhima's return.

But a couple of slaps, and a new jodi was on the block. Next on the menu, we have hypothermia, rape and marriage. The usual. (If you're Ekta Kapoor.) πŸ˜‰

After that, Armaan came back. And we held our heads in our hands. Could he not have come back just a few weeks ago? Could Riddhima not have drunk the poison, gone to hospital and postpone the marriage? Hang on a second, remind me again why they'regetting married...

Then the confusion mode of who to choose, which I still don't think is entirely over. But SidMaan to the rescue! And DMG started heading back home! πŸ˜ƒThough not for long.

Andto add to that confusion comes along Shilpa as Shilpa. No, not Riddhima yaar. Shilpa. You know...her sister, the one no one knows about. But you can see the resemblance right? Shilpa looks just like Riddhima did a couple of years back. They must be sisters!

DMG today, is one heck of a mess. Everyone's life is a mess. There is no indication of where the story's heading. We have AR, SR, ArSh, KaSh, KaSu, KaJen, RM, AN, AA, YN, ST and so many other jodis, that we've lost track of what's going on. Characters come and go as they please. And the story is made up on the day the scene's shot.

Okay, rant over. Sorry if I've just bored you with my ramblings, which got progressively worse over the post. I know I've said some stuff in here that will end up making people angry. I do want to go back and reword those bits, so that I don't hurt anyone. But I can't be bothered to go and find them, so please just accept my apology! 😳I didn't mean to hurt anyone with this post, and am very sorry if I have done!

Thank You :) HAHA you just gave me more to add to my post! Everything was just perfect! :) haha you didn't bore us, you just gave us more to think upon :) It's so true about how the story is just made up on the spot and how characters just disappear like that!
-DavneetKaur- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: kashforlifex

Dill Mill Gayye was a show with a lot of fun, romance, youthfulness, freshness and had a fantastic, small-but-important cast. When Dill Mill Gayye initially started, it had a unique story-line with a cast of all fresh new faces and talent. In my opinion, the first-Riddhima (Shilpa Anand) phase was the best. That phase that whiffed with a lot of fresh new romance, friendship and stuck to the main story-line. As months passed by, the story became more interesting and grabbed more and more viewers attention. In fact, Dill Mill Gayye was the best show at one time on Star One. It had peaked Star One's TRPs. The small, naughty fights of Armaan and Riddhima were a unique concept on television and had not been viewed in such a way before. Nissar Parvej, the first director of the show, was portraying things very well and the actors were brilliant at their roles. Parvej really got their best out of them, which made the show really entertaining. Dialouges - Perfect. Casting - Mindblowing. Sets - Awesome. Storyline - Original.

I AGREE BCOZ EVEN I FELT DMG WAS DMG TILL 2008 MID THEN IT GOT INTO SOMETHING CALLED drag

After Shilpa Anand got replaced, Dill Mill Gayye saw some loss in viewers but slowly got more back because the next phase in Armaan and Riddhima's relationship was more of romance and love. However, the storyline was becoming more hay wire. Dill Mill Gayye incorporated more of fun, dance and masti. There weren't as many medical cases as before but still, around once in a month, there were some serious cases like Chirag and Ritu's case. I loved the way how they got the love and romance even in the most serious situations and how they handled every love story perfectly until that point. Each love story - Armaan & Riddhima, Atul & Anjali, Rahul & Muskaan, Keerti & Shubhankar and Shashank & Padma got their very own unique tune, story and everything was being loved at that point. The storyline was sort of slipping but it was fun to witness so many pranks, dances and total masti! However, when the story got boring, the CVs introduced new characters e.g. Niki, Abhi, Sumanlata. They provided fun but somewhere, the essence of the characters was being lost. Characters weren't behaving like themselves anymore and it was literally surviving on dance, masti and fun. Then there was this partition period where: Armaan, Riddhima, Rahul, Muskaan, Atul and Anjali were one story altogether and Abhi, Niki and Sumanlata were another. Shashank, Padma, Shubhankar and Keerti hardly got any screen-time.
well i agree dmg was totally a drag in 2009 where cv's just shgowed random tracks to impress viewers
Sukirti's exist was totally confusing and uncalled for but Jennifer's entry did bring back some essence of Riddhima. However, I think viewers got tired of the change of the main protagonist thrice. Watching Armaan romance with three different ladies was funny enough, but funnier was that he had to shoot the SAME flashback scenes thrice! It must be pretty tough for Karan Singh Grover. However the next mature level of love had errupted of Armaan and Riddhima. There were lots of unrealistic situations and misunderstandings created, just for the sake of moving the story on. However, KaJen's chemistry gained back more viewers to Dill Mill Gayye though, by now, the story had been completely destroyed! In fact there was no story. Rahul-Muskaan were literally at a standstill. Rahul would just comeback and go again and again. This left viewers confused if even ONE love story would be complete. Abhi and Niki were just going through too much torture and Atul and Anjali weren't even in a relationship. However, throughout this confusion phase, that magic of Dill Mill Gayye did not disappear. That madness continued with silly pranks and the full-on stalking and spying was still there. Armaan's memory loss got back some story and viewers were literally wishing and praying for Armaan and Riddhima to be together. Finally, that moment did come where they were going to tie the knot but once again "fate" (more like the CVs) created problems and a "terrorist" attack took place at Sanjeevani and one bullet changed the lives of so many. In fact everyone's life got ruined. They ended with a good and interesting cliff-hanger to keep viewers glued to their TV screens

oh well i missed armaan and riddhima during that missing phase like anything..but wen riddhima came back the essence of her character was totally lost..the sweet gal had transformed to some drama queen who shouts anything ,anywhere
Season 2's start was a good one, with a lot of suspense. Finally, I was thinking that maybe they'll keep characters in their roles. However, the new cast wasn't acceptable to viewers. People couldn't really accept new characters taking the place of the old cast. It was painful enough to watch Abhi, Niki and Atul to suffer with old memories. However, the pair of Yuvraj-Naina and Sid-Tamanna were getting fan-bases slowly. People had started accepting them and kept wondering what happened to the main protagonists Armaan and Riddhima. At first it seemed like they had in fact both died at the shoot-out that horrible night. People stopped watching Dill Mill Gayye, losing hope. Yuvraj's "interesting" story wasn't that great and to create more suspense, they got Barun Saboti as another Dr. Yuvraj and the original Dr.Yuvraj was shown not even to be a doctor. It was like WHAT?! How the hell did he get to treat SO many patients and how come he even got to assist Dr. Shashank Gupta in an operation?! Clearly, that made no sense. Then the SUDDEN exit of Dr. Tamanna leaves viewers totally mystified on whether she'll comeback. She wasn't successful in getting fans due to her poor acting skills and bad vocal speech. Though, Karan Wahi was well appreciated and Sehban Azim also managed to get a lot of fan-following. I think Neha Jhulka was loved the most amongst the new interns as Dr. Naina Mehta. She had a fun role and grabbed a lot attention with her pretty and promising looks. However, her character didn't shape up how it was promised on the Star One website. For the first time on Dill Mill Gayye, there was ACTUALLY a villan! Jiah Modi, Abhi's wife was planning killings like she's in some Ekta Kapoor soap! Niki's life was like some Tulsi, Parvati or Prerna's where she has to bear sufferings and watch Abhi suffer too but can do nothing! The CVs had been running out of ideas to the extent that they took the Balaji-Way! Things were getting worse with lowering TRPs and a billion amount of sad song sequences! FINALLY, CVs realised, that a lot of time has been wasted and it's time they got their protagonist back. 1st Jan 2010 was the day decided for our Dr. Riddhima Gupta (don't worry, they didn't change her! Jennifer Winget remained Riddhima) to enter! But with a twist, again. I swear, these CVs can do NOTHING straight! If Riddhima has to enter, then Tamanna has to leave. And suddenly, Siddhant becomes a protagonist! The story? Armaan left Riddhima, thinking that Riddhima can never cure and she'd be disabled for the rest of her life. Riddhima hates Armaan. Did they really think we'd believe that? A guy that loved a girl like crazy for 3 years, just left her because she took on a bullet for HIM?! And then suspense, suspense: Ta-Da! Dr. Shashank proves to be villan in their love story! He hid the truth from Riddhima. Meanwhile, the same fights happen with Sid and Riddhima that happened with Armaan and Riddhima. Sid reminds Riddhima of Armaan. Basketball, changing rooms, locker rooms, dupattas, fire escape and terrace. Every feeling, place and thing that was Armaan and Riddhima's became Sid and Riddhima's and our forum became a battlefield. More fighters on AR's side than on SR's side. The weapons: accusations, threats, mockery, blames. Is it just me or is Dill Mill Gayye becoming more and more like an Ekta Kapoor soap day-by-day? (Oh btw, Abhi and Niki's engagement. Jiah Modi proven mad and psycho. Abhi and Jiah's divorce. That's how much the story had been side-lined... And Atul? Don't even ask. Why? Arrey, because I also don't know, and guess what? Even the CVs don't! πŸ˜†)

Next in story, Riddhima finds out the truth about Armaan leaving her. She runs like mad to find her love. Sid accompanies her on Shashank's orders. Sid is falling for Riddhima (WHAT?! How about Tamanna?). Riddhima finds Armaan's house. She falls unconscious due to "hypothermia". Sid gives her the most controversial body heat. Riddhima shouts at the top of her voice that Sid "raped" her. Truth out - She was going to die, the poor guy saved her. Next? Sid and Riddhima's wedding to "save her honour" (please, she had none.) Oh Damn. More fights, more battling. CVs thought that we viewers are stupid and will accept rubbish. Clearly, they didn't know that nowadays, VIEWERS have the power in their hand. What next? Lower and lower TRPs and the we're-not-watching-DMG-until-Armaan-is-back petition period. Seriously, it worked. Dill Mill Gayye is hardly anything without Karan Singh Grover. It's like a body without legs. He makes Dill Mill Gayye complete. TRP raise with KSG's entry and the forum is like bombed with happiness and more accusations! It got clearer and clearer that a love triangle is on the way. Poor guy, Armaan was bombed with questions about his whereabouts and finally the truth comes out. He left Riddhima for her good. However, he doesn't know about her marriage. Why? Madam Riddhima refuses to wear her sindoor and mangalsutra. When he finds out in the most ridiculous way, all three are heart-broken. Accusations, fights, misunderstandings, rona-dhona, life's a mess, confusion. Riddhima's Who-The-Hell-Do-I-Choose mode turns on and goes on till now. She's just SO messed up in life! CVs are even more confused and left the decision to the audience. How? Vote, guys, vote! Who do you want? Armaan-Riddhima or Siddhant-Riddhima. WELL, obviously Armaan-Riddhima won in the votes because they had more fighters! LEKIN, KAHANI MEIN PHIR SE TWIST! Typical, Indian Girl, With "Values and Traditions" Riddhima chooses her "PATI PARMESHWAR" over her lover-boy. Oh, you're wondering what happened to Yuvraj, Naina and Yuvraj? Well, they left. Even THEY got bored with a flood of tears in their hospital everyday, so they all decided to go their own way. No, no, Yuvraj and Naina didn't end up together! As the show's tradition is, the hearts don't meet, they go as far as possible from each other! πŸ˜†

Next, her "Pati Parmeshwar" thinks she's compromising and gets angry. He's stubborn, stuck-up, rude, arrogant and mean. Armaan takes matters in his hands and promises to get Sid and Riddhima together. Whether causing him pain or not, he carries on with this task and gets his Laurel and Hardy (JP and Jiggy) to help him. We witness gayness, "comedy" and the typical KHNH Che Din, Ladki In (though, Armaan's faster, he only used Char Din!) After Sid and Riddhima come together, Armaan is all alone. 😭 It's quite depressing witnessing so much idealism in a story like Dill Mill Gayye. Story gets boring, and the forum's battlefield gets more exciting. People interpret more than what the CVs are actually showing. Armaan and Riddhima meet again. In the basketball court. Both decide to "move on". Within the span of a few hours, Riddhima has already moved on with her hubby who's happily romancing with her! Poor guy, Armaan is still dreaming of Riddhima everywhere and does the last Salsa with her ever! πŸ˜” HOWEVER, good news is that there's ANOTHER new entry in Dill Mill Gayye! ENTER: SHILPA ANAND (aka Original Dr. Riddhima Gupta and now Dr. Shilpa Malhotra) There we go. Viewers can see the future. It's going to be SR and AS! More song sequences to give our beloved Shilpa Anand a grand entry and just to add more spice to the "story", we get a cross-over episode of DMG and MJHT. Where we're (DMG) all still in 2010 and MJHT are in 2013, yet we're together! So much sense, nah?

More SR scenes and we get more of AS scenes. Though, bechara Armaan is still in his gham, khushi never comes only! Armaan gets even more depressed watching SR rub it into his face that they're in "love". We find out Shilpa has come in fact as a detective rather than a doctor! Arrey, the whole day she's only talking about her "maqsat"! It's like "Hello, you're a doctor, remember?" And then Riddhima and Shilpa don't get along. At least Riddhima doesn't like her. The whole day, Riddhima's just lecturing Shilpa about how to handle her personal and professional life separately. And only "work" should be done in Sanjeevani. Riddhima, I don't think you're exactly the RIGHT person to say all of this! Seeing your past record, doesn't look like you've learnt! More AS fights, so much that Armaan is sent to jail and Shilpa almost out of Sanjeevani! Actually, KSG is on a break in Goa. Then Shilpa is the new Armaan-2007 modified to a 2010 version of Sanjeevani. The whole day, she's just playing around and troubling everyone. More song sequences. Yes, I know, quite annoying.

Shilpa finds Armaan's diary (he didn't even have one, man!)... and falls in love with Armaan. She doesn't know it's Armaan's diary and names him "ashiq". Shilpa doesn't know that AR were in love and Armaan still loves Riddhima. Shilpa doesn't know that Sid and Riddhima's wedding was a compromise. Shilpa doesn't know that ARS were taking months to decide who Riddhima would belong to. And yet, Shilpa knows everything about Riddhima's childhood, father, mother and life. Oh Dear God, How did she not manage to find out anything about Riddhima's past and present?! How does she know so much about Riddhima but yet doesn't know anything about AR?! Even when Armaan made it AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE that he's Riddhima's ex-Boyfriend and Sid's Riddhima's Husband. Shilpa's that dumb?! Riddhima's birthday is a total flop show because Armaan gets drunk and makes Sid and Riddhima realise that they're PDA-ing too much in pubic and they're the biggest pain in his life. Armaan is alone. He has NO ONE to support him. Meanwhile, Shilpa is falling for Armaan himself! She's constantly thinking about him, feeling him everywhere and is going to say "I Love You" to him soon πŸ˜ƒ

Sid has now become the "disciplinarian officer" of Sanjeevani. Haha yes, that's right he gives out duties to his senior doctors - Riddhima and Armaan. Dr. Keerti is JOBLESS now! OH NO!! Sid and Riddhima feel bad for Armaan and decide to give him their sympathy and pity! Guys, he doesn't need that! He needs LOVE! He needs you guys to stop emotionally blackmailing him and stop your PDA.

Things that make no sense:
1) Shilpa STILL not knowing about AR when it was as clear as possible.
2) Sid being insecure about his wife with her ex-lover even when she's said this a billion times that she wants to be with him!
3) Riddhima caring for Armaan a bit TOO much, while her husband's right there! Riddhima should follow her own advice "move on"
4) Armaan wanting to go hurt himself even more by joining street-fighting! Don't you have "work" to do at Sanjeevani?!
5) They're all "doctors" but do no "work"
well i totally second ur these points
From a fresh, young and youth show, we're into a saas-bahu show! Dill Mill Gayye has changed so much with time. It's all messed up! Just end it, please and start a new show! Finally, sorry about the huge post! It's just frustration taken out here! No bashing please! If you have nothing good to say, just keep your fingers away from the keyboard 😊

last i would just like to say that i did watch dmg after karan came but it was a big bore but now atleast m excited about arsh story....because it has something called different from rona dhona trackπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
-DramaBeans- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Long post.it shows that you never missed DMG even when ur favourites were not there.πŸ‘
i ve visited almost all the forums and believe me this is the common complaints of almost all the 1 year old serials.the essence of the show is lost not only cos of the change in actors but also due to change in writers,directors.we too grow and we change.sometimes we hate the same things which we loved in our childhood.likewise all the things which you said are part of any long running serials.when we see it just as an entertainment show we can enjoy😊
even there are many super hit movies with a storyline of stupidity but they were successful cos we see those movies as only movies and laugh along with themπŸ˜ƒ
hope i didnt confuse u with my random points
DMG was good only for the first 5 months and if it was ended at that moment it would ve been another ristha.com
people are ready to see any stupid story line to see their favourites back.thats why DMG survived to this level and to me even there is no sense in the memory loss track.there was no flow in story line but people accepted them cos its their favourites.as lons as it entertain us no complaints.only a few like u can come up with such posts even when our favourites are there
lastly,you might find as many as bloopers and stupidity now but when the show ends we will v only the good memories and even you will not remember this post.we might move on to another show and the cycle continuesπŸ˜†
hope i didnt bore u
Edited by -Genius- - 14 years ago